• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Gotta be able to appreciate the classics, it's what separates the merely brain rotten from the connoisseurs (also brain rotten).
TRUE FACTS

Nonetheless, just gonna save this for myself.
8QkpK5N.png

I dislike how people are removing "Notable" from the Matches sections of all the pages. It makes it look metaphorically bald.

And I refuse to accept any criticism about my complaining when I never opposed in the first place in the thread that probably exists when I don't even know where it is or if it actually does exist.

I do hate how in this day and age, you can mention solid counter examples from the material, the show it had, the support guide and essentially have your argument ignored cause 'nuh uh clearly they scale to the outlier'. Sure, I understand for ambiguous pieces it can leave room for interpretation but a chunk of the arguments come from the difference of reading 2 extra sentences worth of text or realizing 'not anywhere in this entire thing does it mention what you are saying it mentions' or another fun one, people posting 2 scans that blatantly contradict each other and say 'this proves my point' etcetera etcetera. Aye this is aggravating in the moment however normally I get to laugh at things after the fact because 'ah I was right and people eventually came around to seeing it my way this makes me feel better', so oft I just need to wait, however it is infuriating to know I could come back to this hobby of mine and weeks, months, or years later deal with the same cyclic horse shit as to the reason I took a breather to begin with.

I come to scale these characters because I like to imagine the field of battle and the scenes playing out onscreen, the debates can be fun sometimes, but I also like to make sure things are catalogued and well handled. I don't come to down grade verse "XYZ" because I hate it, I noticed there is lapse in judgement and evidence provided I aim to correct that, I'm not saying you can't dream of 'XYZ-Man >> Goku' far from it honestly those ideas are fun to think about but I want this site to be a clean statistical catalogue for those who use it as despite us being the active ones, genuine members of this community, we are the minority of the traffic that comes through here. After all imagine we get 'XYZ-Man' to tier 2 with immeasurable speed because someone presents a good solid argument and none of us check it out, suddenly 3 months to 2 years go by and we have 10+ people pointing out the group of people (whether it was 1 or many) who originally scale "XYZ" are not here and there were notable chunks of information they were leaving out that disproves huge swaths of information. So, when I tell you 'XYZ-Man did not do the thing on the page you are describing' don't take it as an assault on your being, you are more than the media you like after all right?

If I'm wrong show me, I'm happy to go over and talk about these things in-depth because few things fascinate me more than the inner workings of someone else's mind. We ought not debate, nor would I want you to use that word in the way it's been used for the last several years of 'lmao get debunked' reactionary adjacent mentality. I want to discuss with you not fight you over XYZ-Man, bring me your passion your information but be truthful and show me your schema show me what drives you about this character and why you want them to be at these heights. Anything less and well it lacks the passion of the personal, anything untruthful and it is sophistry, cast such ideations into the fire for no good will come of nailing your favorite character to a cross to show how powerful they are if built on the fanciful and the untruth.

Perhaps I ought to go into psychology and run case studies on these people. Why does your brain tick this way... why...

I do hate how in this day and age, you can mention solid counter examples from the material, the show it had, the support guide and essentially have your argument ignored cause 'nuh uh clearly they scale to the outlier'. Sure, I understand for ambiguous pieces it can leave room for interpretation but a chunk of the arguments come from the difference of reading 2 extra sentences worth of text or realizing 'not anywhere in this entire thing does it mention what you are saying it mentions' or another fun one, people posting 2 scans that blatantly contradict each other and say 'this proves my point' etcetera etcetera. Aye this is aggravating in the moment however normally I get to laugh at things after the fact because 'ah I was right and people eventually came around to seeing it my way this makes me feel better', so oft I just need to wait, however it is infuriating to know I could come back to this hobby of mine and weeks, months, or years later deal with the same cyclic horse shit as to the reason I took a breather to begin with.

I come to scale these characters because I like to imagine the field of battle and the scenes playing out onscreen, the debates can be fun sometimes, but I also like to make sure things are catalogued and well handled. I don't come to down grade verse "XYZ" because I hate it, I noticed there is lapse in judgement and evidence provided I aim to correct that, I'm not saying you can't dream of 'XYZ-Man >> Goku' far from it honestly those ideas are fun to think about but I want this site to be a clean statistical catalogue for those who use it as despite us being the active ones, genuine members of this community, we are the minority of the traffic that comes through here. After all imagine we get 'XYZ-Man' to tier 2 with immeasurable speed because someone presents a good solid argument and none of us check it out, suddenly 3 months to 2 years go by and we have 10+ people pointing out the group of people (whether it was 1 or many) who originally scale "XYZ" are not here and there were notable chunks of information they were leaving out that disproves huge swaths of information. So, when I tell you 'XYZ-Man did not do the thing on the page you are describing' don't take it as an assault on your being, you are more than the media you like after all right?

If I'm wrong show me, I'm happy to go over and talk about these things in-depth because few things fascinate me more than the inner workings of someone else's mind. We ought not debate, nor would I want you to use that word in the way it's been used for the last several years of 'lmao get debunked' reactionary adjacent mentality. I want to discuss with you not fight you over XYZ-Man, bring me your passion your information but be truthful and show me your schema show me what drives you about this character and why you want them to be at these heights. Anything less and well it lacks the passion of the personal, anything untruthful and it is sophistry, cast such ideations into the fire for no good will come of nailing your favorite character to a cross to show how powerful they are if built on the fanciful and the untruth.

Perhaps I ought to go into psychology and run case studies on these people. Why does your brain tick this way... why...
Imma act like i understood all this stuff but anyway
My peeve is when there is a statement in rather flowery or/metaphorical explanation for a feat gets automatically denied because "its not literal statement we dont know this and that" while behind the statement are literal context supporting entire thing
And then the contradictory statement that looks literal but has several keywords and different meaning gets automatically accepted without any consequence

Imma act like i understood all this stuff but anyway
My peeve is when there is a statement in rather flowery or/metaphorical explanation for a feat gets automatically denied because "its not literal statement we dont know this and that" while behind the statement are literal context supporting entire thing
And then the contradictory statement that looks literal but has several keywords and different meaning gets automatically accepted without any consequence
"Destroying all Realities statement is unqantifiable" ah moment

I'm gonna be honest a pet peeve I have with (certain users of)vsbattles is just people handling some of this shit as "ooo me want big number how much can I get away with straight up bs"
And in those cases, the pride cometh before the fall...

On the other hand, this brings up a recent pet peeve of mine. The annoyance with the extremes of people's upgrade-happy mentalities is well warranted. Hell, it's become even worse lately with how much more of an "us vs. them" mentality it's promoted. Literally just yesterday I saw a staff member treated like the Boogeyman for thinking of revising a verse.

On the other hand, I feel this has caused a similar surge in the opposite mentality - one that always treats a downgrade as being an inherent good pretty much no matter what. As of recently, the bad faith, conduct, etc. that has been excused because it's "downgrading the wanked verse" is actually insane.

The problem is that both sides of the spectrum see one of upgrading or downgrading as inherently good, and the other as inherently bad. It's mad stupid

And in those cases, the pride cometh before the fall...

On the other hand, this brings up a recent pet peeve of mine. The annoyance with the extremes of people's upgrade-happy mentalities is well warranted. Hell, it's become even worse lately with how much more of an "us vs. them" mentality it's promoted. Literally just yesterday I saw a staff member treated like the Boogeyman for thinking of revising a verse.

On the other hand, I feel this has caused a similar surge in the opposite mentality - one that always treats a downgrade as being an inherent good pretty much no matter what. As of recently, the bad faith, conduct, etc. that has been excused because it's "downgrading the wanked verse" is actually insane.

The problem is that both sides of the spectrum see one of upgrading or downgrading as inherently good, and the other as inherently bad. It's mad stupid
Ben 10 verse at war with mods nowdays ah vibes

Back