• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Destroying a universe without further context should grant you At least 3-A, likely High 3-A, possibly Low 2-C lol
8c951ec19826d9d2843bdfa32c582f05.gif

A new pet peeve for me recently is the fact that we apparently can't assume characters reactions scale to their flight speed which to me makes absolutely zero sense. Like I get the reason why is because comic book characters often fly intergalactic distances yet get tagged by stuff the have no right getting hit by, or only fly that fast outside the atmosphere, but that should be the exception not the rule. In my opinion if a character is stated to fly at a certain speed then the burden of proof should be on the opposition to prove that they do not scale to their flight speed not the other way around.

I mean TBF, it's easy to have a feeling of power when you're, y'know, powerful
Really depends on the scale of your verse as well. I mean, if you have a verse where everybody is a universe busting haxlord and the protag is just another one of the bunch it still isn't as much of a power fantasy as say, a school setting where everybody is just a skilled in martial arts and academics, and the protag is an academic genius and a master of 10+ fighting styles.

Back