• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

This is, singlehandedly, the worst thing ever:
2FQALjg.png

dXxlv2D.png

sxDa66X.png
That's beautiful....

The worst thing is though, I have to wait 6 months to post a CRT about the scaling chain and other things just for it to get stonewalled by people 🥴

The time and post requirement was a mistake lol.
Well, I told you and Arnold how exactly "that" feat is gonna turn out and you both laughed it off, and it went exactly like I said.

Don't include the feats which I worked extensively on, and the ones I talked to you about offsite. We are already about to have Akkun/Kisaki comparable to Baji because of that certain thing.

It's better to wait for guys like Agnaa to listen to our reasonings.

don't you just love it when there is an ability that lets you make multiple attacks in the span of 1 but it does not count as you moving at a higher speed since it does not specifically stay it multiply stat by X.
Absolutely despise it and i think the authors should clarify such speed differences
(the world doesn't deserve me)

Absolutely despise it and i think the authors should clarify such speed differences
(the world doesn't deserve me)
Like when authors has the ability say your attacks a blur, that you do more than 1 attack, it is seen as happening simultaneously, each attack has to be rolled for individually, and has to be the same weapon for each attack. But somehow from this site's ass backwards moon logic all that means it does not boost your speed. What the hell does it mean then?

My pet peeve:
Users getting banned based off private discussions where they can't respond to or even see it, I know that some issues can be sensitive and not appropriate to discuss it publicly, but it's not remotely fair for the users being accused to not be able to even defend themselves.

The same goes for appeals.

I've always thought people considered HR to be unfair treatment of staff due to being private. I've never heard of a case where a user is not permitted to speak at least once on their own behalf. That said, the nature of this particular thread is meant to be more lighthearted, and is unsuitable for what you're trying to shift it to, if you catch my drift.

My pet peeve:
Users getting banned based off private discussions where they can't respond to or even see it, I know that some issues can be sensitive and not appropriate to discuss it publicly, but it's not remotely fair for the users being accused to not be able to even defend themselves.

Depends on the content and context, but yeah. Sometimes it needs to be handled privately, and sometimes the user needs to at least be able to explain their side, if there is one. Some situations don't really need the other side of the story. It is what it is.

My pet peeve:

The problem is when those "private discussions" involve immoral or straight up criminal activity with seemly no regard for consequences due to "behind the screen" privilege (that many cyberbullies love to use) there's a reason Discord's reputation has plummeted into the abyss.

My pet peeve:

Yeah, but at a certain point, the "private discussions," are people literally just advocating for genocide unprovoked.

Those private windows are ultimately just a glimpse into what a person is actually like beyond the confines of having to adhere to this site's standards; When somebody is homophobic or racist on Discord, that's a far better way to gauge what kind of person they are than what they say and do here, so if we wouldn't allow that sort of behavior on-site, why would we allow it off-site?

That aside, it's remarkably easy to not be a fucking bigot in private conversations. I may be even more of a jackass on Discord than I am on here, but I'm still not casually throwing out slurs or anything (not the ones I can't reclaim, anyways).

My pet peeve:

Depends on the severity of it tbh. Take my recent report of Reio35 for example. Quite frankly, the fact that he was unable to defend himself is of no consequence to me because I’m not interested in seeing how someone defends bigotry or even calls for genocide

Back