• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Conversely, a verse that gets little staff attention is also easier to wank, since at most a well-effort wanked CRT would get a "OP makes sense" agreement.

An obscure verse in this forum (or in battleboarding) also doesn't mean it's obscure elsewhere. There are a number of verses that are not particularly that popular who gets significant attention here.

E.g. all discussions about Touhou I've seen in recent times are all battleboarding-related. It's popular, but is also its own niche.

If it's the vampire hunter d CRT that I saw it's also a tier 1 CRT so you'd double hate it lmao
at that point, the fact that most people need to contend with is that more and more I hear staff members following after me on the path of righteousness refusing to engage with Tier 1 content, such that only those that actively seek it out are really willing to deal with it.

There's just so much intent to upgrade regardless of context that all media gets butchered by so-called fans wanting a precious higher tier. It's damned sad. I only bother with verses I actually care about to safeguard them from inaccuracy- after a few years in the crucible, I'm no longer willing to engage with the same sloppy threads day-in, day-out.

It's not about it being obscure, it's about it being a shit CRT.

E.g. all discussions about Touhou I've seen in recent times are all battleboarding-related. It's popular, but is also its own niche.
That's not accurate at all lol, that's 99% me just being massively autistic and putting in insane amounts of work on the verse because I think about it 24/7 (outside of battleboarding too, of course; I've already got plans to help clean up the fan wiki for Touhou because it's in a sorry state). But it is also popular outside of this specific niche, to the point where there's now an annual convention in the US for the series, something which I don't think many other verses here can claim (don't even get me started on how popular and influential it is outside the states).
not old enough to be this bitter, Raven.
You can never be too young to be a bitter old bastard (source: personal experience)

Having an annual convention in the US doesn't really mean it's not niche. And I was more talking about discussions about Touhou specifically on the internet anyways.
Professional wrestling, for example, is still niche. But the secondary wrestling company just hosted a massive event in the UK with 70K-80K people in the Wembley Stadium, and it's currently sold over 40k tickets for the next event this year.

Being a niche at this point in the current social climate doesn't equate to being unpopular however. Fate is considered to be massively popular, but it is also considered a niche. One big reason for that is a lot of the verse is based on VNs, which is considered a niche media.

Anyways, my pet peeve is seeing strange clerical errors and overall ugly-made profiles for various reasons like lack of uniformity. Random words at all caps, or caps not being uniform. Makes it obvious it was drafted on mobile.

Having an annual convention in the US doesn't really mean it's not niche. And I was more talking about discussions about Touhou specifically on the internet anyways.
Professional wrestling, for example, is still niche. But the secondary wrestling company just hosted a massive event in the UK with 70K-80K people in the Wembley Stadium, and it's currently sold over 40k tickets for the next event this year.

Being a niche at this point in the current social climate doesn't equate to being unpopular however. Fate is considered to be massively popular, but it is also considered a niche. One big reason for that is a lot of the verse is based on VNs, which is considered a niche media.
this dude has never tried to drum up discussion of Wayne Barlowe's Inferno

Ah, I thought you meant niche as in relatively unknown or unpopular. Then yeah, by your definition Touhou would still be niche. Although I still think saying discussion around Touhou is at all VS-centric is just an instance of tunnel vision, given I'm very ingrained in the broader community and know for a fact that the majority of fans don't give a damn about VS shit (and quite a few think it's a stupid waste of time which, to be fair, isn't wrong).

Alright fellas, tommorow's goon sesh we will be picking the profile pic of a random forum member and cranking our hogs to it, wiki profile pics are included in the pool.
You see Mr. Rizzler, I can't goon today because I'm set to edge with the skibidi toilets in Ohio on the fanum tax. I'm so Sigma for this

all I know about the dude is that his friend ran DnD and couldn't do a voice aside from Seth Rogen

his friend may also just have been Seth Rogen

my condolences to Arc, should this be true

Who is Arc? In geography, my world. In history, my king. In math, my solution. In biology, my medicine. In mythology, my god. In astronomy, my universe. For the blind, the light. For the hungry, bread. For me, my everything
If Arc has million thuggians, then I'm one of them.
If Arc has one thuggian, then I'm THAT ONE.
If Arc has no thuggians, that means I'm dead.
Win or lose.
0 CRTs or 10 CRTs
Good ass or bad ass
I will always love and support you !
Even if the whole world stands against you. !!
mexicanorwasitfrenchupsidedownexclamationpointVIVA ARC!

Back