• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

I see, Well I'm dumb and jokes fly over my head all the time so my bad then.
36321ffddc24860d550b750c442cae1b.jpg

my newest pet peev is the AP=/= DC

saying AP =/= DC is pure circular reasoning if you think about it for a single second

you'd have 7C characters punching a wall with their full strenght and somehow not breaking it yet that's not an anti feat because AP=/= DC

with that argument, we're going from "this character did this therefore he is 7C" to "this is ignored because obviously he is 7C, and then therefore because it's ignored here, every time any anti feat is presented it would be ignored because he is 7C."

this is basically reaching a conclusion first then workiing backwards from there to justify the reasoning behind it...which really isn't how it should work

....yeah, posting this would be a mistake, but i am also a mistake so screw it, i don't really care

my newest pet peev is the AP=/= DC

saying AP =/= DC is pure circular reasoning if you think about it for a single second

you'd have 7C characters punching a wall with their full strenght and somehow not breaking it yet that's not an anti feat because AP=/= DC

with that argument, we're going from "this character did this therefore he is 7C" to "this is ignored because obviously he is 7C, and then therefore because it's ignored here, every time any anti feat is presented it would be ignored because he is 7C."

this is basically reaching a conclusion first then workiing backwards from there to justify the reasoning behind it...which really isn't how it should work

....yeah, posting this would be a mistake, but i am also a mistake so screw it, i don't really care
It definately isn't perfect but for a lot of series it's the best we can do

It definately isn't perfect but for a lot of series it's the best we can do
your new pfp breaks my heart brother

but if a series has consistent feats at a certain tier and has some random other feats that are either way higher or lower, those are either anti feats or outliers, we just take the most consistent scaling because no series is perfect

i'm still against using flawed arguments tho...meh, could be just me i guess

You're gonna have to give a specific example, because this doesn't really add up if you wanna argue for a circular reasoning fallacy.

This is more like an argument related on outliers and deciding which end is more consistent than the other. Which can be highly contextual and debatable.

You're gonna have to give a specific example, because this doesn't really add up if you wanna argue for a circular reasoning fallacy.

This is more like an argument related on outliers and deciding which end is more consistent than the other. Which can be highly contextual and debatable.
of course, i'm all for taking the more consistent end of the scaling, that's the most effective way to power scale and it can be highly contextual and debatale as you said

what i am against is treating the anti feats and outliers as if they don't exist/trying to make sens of them using that argument

your new pfp breaks my heart brother
Don't worry when Goatjo has his second enlightenment and returns (definately not copium) i'm gonna change my pfp to that
but if a series has consistent feats at a certain tier and has some random other feats that are either way higher or lower, those are either anti feats or outliers, we just take the most consistent scaling because no series is perfect
That's fair, but i feel like here is one of the place where this logic gets applied the most (for better or worst). Also it helps that alot of series have in-universe explenations for this (superheros always holding back, Ki control in Dragonball)

Don't worry when Goatjo has his second enlightenment and returns (definately not copium) i'm gonna change my pfp to that
gojo's about to become the second buddha, and i'm all for it

That's fair, but i feel like here is one of the place where this logic gets applied the most (for better or worst). Also it helps that alot of series have in-universe explenations for this (superheros always holding back, Ki control in Dragonball)

another pet peev is dargon ball a hot pile of inconsistent mess

that verse is legit trash at keeping a consistent power level

gojo's about to become the second buddha, and i'm all for it

another pet peev is dargon ball a hot pile of inconsistent mess

that verse is legit trash at keeping a consistent power level
if SSJ1 is a 50x amp to AP and speed, shouldn't anyone who is even remotely relative to base Goku get absolutely washed by SSJ1?

vice versa for anyone who can match his higher forms, base Goku should get blitzed and one-tapped

just a thought i had the other day

if SSJ1 is a 50x amp to AP and speed, shouldn't anyone who is even remotely relative to base Goku get absolutely washed by SSJ1?
vice versa for anyone who can match his higher forms, base Goku should get blitzed and one-tapped

just a thought i had the other day

one tapped speed blitzed and absolutely demolished, yes

but of course that wouldn't be cool enough, so that never happens and never will happen

Ive seen that take a lot but most people never explain why
...well, there is a lot, like goku getting harmed by ice or dyspo hearing hit's muscles move to react to him despite both being FTL or generally just inconsistent power outputs, way too lazy to look for all of them, but it just is

I’d eat my phone if there’s a single goddamn verse out there that can keep a consistent power level.
supremacy games

now eat it...

well, that's a novel, if you go past the questionable first chapter then it's world building fights and power system will keep you hooked

thank me later

supremacy games

now eat it...

well, that's a novel, if you go past the questionable first chapter then it's world building fights and power system will keep you hooked

thank me later
It also mentioned a planet blasting feat and this planet buster apparently got hurt by metal. Damn… That is real consistency right there; that metal must be made out of Netherite 👍

It also mentioned a planet blasting feat and this planet buster apparently got hurt by metal. Damn… That is real consistency right there; that metal must be made out of Netherite 👍
there is something called metal manip there, and there is a smith who can make divine weapons, that hammer used is made by said smith

it ain't no random metal bruh

edit: just realized that may sound soemewhat passive aggressive giving the generic name but there is legit an ability called metal manipulation there where you can manipulate every metal existing in the universe

Last edited:
Planetary metal????????? Ain’t realistic, therefore ain’t consistent

Planetary metal????????? Ain’t realistic, therefore ain’t consistent
supernatural metal made by mixing other supernatural materials a world tree branch some dragon scales then enhanced by supernatural runes and supernatural metal ennergy and other bs like that

if that's not enough to warrant the fact that it's consistent i don't really know what is

now eat that phone

supernatural metal made by mixing other supernatural materials a world tree branch some dragon scales then enhanced by supernatural runes and supernatural metal ennergy and other bs like that

if that's not enough to warrant the fact that it's consistent i don't really know what is

now eat that phone
Not scientific

Back