• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Might be a good match up... Hopefully.

Rules

File Island Meramon

Speed Equalized

Votes

Vortex:

Meramo: 0

Inconclusive: 3 (Dragonmasterxyz, Gargoyle One, Phoenix821)

AP

Vortex takes this as this is File Island Meramon and not Folder Continent. 269 Gigatons vs 109 Gigatons. Vortex has double the AP.

Speed
This needs to be equalized as Vortex only has Hypersonic+ reactions and movement while Meramon is Mach 5661 movement wise with Relativistic Reactions. He blitzes.

Abilities
The most dangerous thing Vortex has is ice. However, anything else that would hurt Meramon won't kill him. If Meramon even has so much as a single flame left, he'll regenerate. Not to mention that if he regenerates, he duplicates as well. So Vortex has to hope for a permanent freeze that Meramon can't burn out of.

The other thing Vortex has to worry about is the fact that each of Meramon's attack attack the mind and soul. As such he's not safe tanking any attack from Meramon. This grants Meramon a pretty deadly skill advantage.

Overview
This is inconclusive.

This is due to the fact that Meramon's attacks will all basically end up destroying Vortex's mind (he's already a soul so...), however, Vortex has the higher AP and the possible freeze option. Of course and option other than freeze leads him to fighting Meramon duplicates.

They fly into a person while intangible and take over their mind and body.

Don't know how high Digimon standard resistence is tho.

For how long tho?. Resistance doesn't grant him immunity.

Until Vortex can bypass the 1s and 0s that protect the Digicore from outside inference. If Vortex's Mind hax only works on one person at a time, Meramon will resist it. Not to mention Meramon along with all Digimon can hit intangibles.

Now if you said "he can possess 2 or more people at once" then I'd consider he bypassing the resistance.

The Possession in Danny Phantom can only work on one person at a time because of it only being one ghost using it so I guess he does resist it perfectly.

The ghosts are physical and have the ability to turn intangible but if he's soul that can turn intangible how can Meramon touch him?. Also does any Digimon have intangibility?, I'm sure at least one does, has said Digimon been hit. (If one does have intangibility)

Regardless Vortex focuses more on his Weather Manipulation and Duplication above all else.

All Digimon can attack intangible, non-corporeal and nonexistent beings. Dark Area Digimon are literally made of nothingness/Deleted Data and all Digimon can hit Dark Area natives. All Digimon can attack souls and minds due to it all simply being data (we have an entire blog on this along with an entire thread as well)

I know, you told me about a while ago. I just remember seeing intangibility one of the Digimon pages and wondered if other Digimon hit said Digimon.

Hold on I'll try and find the one.

Meramon has elemental intangibility and we have characters who are able to make themselves phase through matter. Of course then there is Dexmo who is so non-corporeal that he's even non-corporeal to a Digimon unless you're a Top Tier.

Bumping this cause I want it to finish. Also, Vortex got a few additions to his Powers and Abilities. Nothing that would change this battle just Non-Physical Interaction, Data Manipulation and Soul Removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back