• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Darkanine/Voltron_Calc:_The_Castle_of_Lions

So I did a rough calc of the Castle of Lions ship and my results were Mountain-Small Island level (For low end to high end), this would be a pretty big upgrade from their current 7-C ranking.

Also, in Episode 8 "Rebirth", the Lions took hits from a Monster that seriously injured Voltron, so possibly Moon level durability? I took some screenshots, but they look like a mess due to how the fight was animated. I might just chop this up to being an outlier since fodder are still a threat to the Lions. If need be, I'll post them anyway.

Thoughts?

Well I'm retired from the business but this is genuinely my favourite show I have seen in years and I would not mind seeing it get an accurate ranking somewhere, and somebody did ask me to help out so why not. Here are all of the notable feats that I found (I plan on uploading clips of the series to my personal Youtube channel later so feel free to request any clips you may need I suppose)

In the logo Voltron destroys the moon: http://i.imgur.com/wXt2pRF.gif

In the first episode a ship's crash explodes over most of a mountain. Pidge made a scanner that can scan the entire solar system. Shiro also says Zarkon destroyed planets before, and considering that he spent a year trapped in his empire he's not exaggerating.

The blue lion alone not only flies to space in seconds, but also zips straight to Kerberos which is at the edge of our solar system in what Pidge says is 5 seconds, not minutes. That would be over 2000c since Pluto is like 3 billion km away. This scales to Zarkon, the other lions, robeasts, and Voltron itself for obvious reasons

Allura says all the planets in the solar system were destroyed by Zarkon, and it's confirmed that Voltron is the most powerful weapon in the universe which is why Zarkon fears it.

Furthermore the unfused lions react to the ion cannon which propogates at the speed of light and the castle's particle barrier can withstand it, despite it being capable of reducing "any planet to cosmic dust" (I shouldn't have to explain why this is legit)

Sadak's beam is like a black hole according to Pidge, do not know what to make of this if anything but Voltron overpowers the aforementioned "black hole beam"

Zarkon conquered almost all the known universe in a matter of 10000 years. Considering that he does not seem to use wormholes I feel like this may lead to good upgrades in the future

The red, black and green lions are shown to be sentient and move by themselves when the pilots are in utter despair much like in the original series, they are much stronger then (will expand more on this later)

Balmara is literally a living planet.... Voltron is still considered the most powerful being in the universe.

Generic Galra ships can damage the particle barrier which has planet level durability due to withstanding the ion cannon. The individual lions could survive the blasts.

A robeast's blast can affect a living planet to the point of killing it and even destroy the particle barrier, which again has planet level durability. It can also survive a particle cannon blast. Considering that the individual lions could endure the blasts and damage it, along with Voltron itself going toe to toe with and defeating it, this is more proof of MFTL+ and planet level+ Voltron.

Allura and a crystal can restore the planet's energy and light up the entire planetary surface. Via luminosity this is probably island level to some extent even disregarding restoring the Balmera's energy (not sure what to make of that either)

Zarkon beats the hell out of the red lion in the finale, and says "you may have a lion, but in your fledgeling hands it is weak" which, much like in the original, explains why the strongest weapon in the universe has trouble against lower tier opponents; the pilots hinder Voltron, they are inexperienced. Voltron is at its strongest when acting on its own. Thus, the robeast battles and Zarkon fight are both justified.

tl;dr the individual lions are all planet level+ and MFTL+ on their own as are the robeasts and Zarkon, let alone the fused form of Voltron. I think that you would be hard pressed to find feats for, say, the paladins though. Allura could bend steel doors when transformed into a Galran, the paladins in armour are certainly above regular Galrans and all that jazz

Also in the event anybody wants to do any pages for the other Voltron series' I was the one who did all of the Voltron calcs on the OBD, and basically

The original incarnation of Voltron could push a kilometer wide black hole (Space Wolf) to the ends of the universe when it was still sentient with ease, said black hole was moving as fast as a meteor according to Haggar and Space Wolf was also absorbing planets. The yield I got was 4.89 ninatons of TNT equivalent for its kinetic energy which Lion Voltron overpowered, or large planet level+

Lion Voltron also survives being on Space Wolf later on. The pilots are unable to do anything and Voltron seems to be dying, but since the pilots are in utter despair, Voltron regains its sentience and easily gets right back up and flies out of its orbit, once again supporting that sentient Voltron > Voltron while being piloted. Killing the pilots only makes things worse for Voltron's potential opponents.

Voltron was able to fly to the desert planet (forgot the name) in a matter of seconds by flying through an asteroid belt. Even using earth to Venus' lowest distance I still got 1.093c for fused Voltron and this is pretty early on.

One of Zarkon's missiles ejects planet Balto (which has an earth like environment and in fact was earth in Golion before the censors got to it) at thousands of times the speed of sound. Voltron can tank any of Zarkon's strongest weapons and is regarded as the strongest weapon in the universe, so this scales to it.

In Voltron Third Dimension, the individual Red Lion is able to tank a nuclear blast that consumes much of an alien planet, which I got to be around 710 teratons of TNT equivalent. This roughly scales to the other lions as Lance had to heal the damage by absorbing the heat after being hit by the fireball initially.

In Voltron Fleet of Doom, Vehicle Voltron flies from earth to Arus in a matter of hours at most to help Lion Voltron against Lotor's evil Voltron incarnation. Lion Voltron is referred to as the Voltron of the far universe and is basically the universe's radius or diameter (forgot which one) away from earth so this is at least trillions of times the speed of light. Lion Voltron is on par with Vehicle Voltron and vice versa

Vehicle Voltron also survived inside of a sea of black holes pretty early on, but I don't particularly care to rewatch the series to get the full context

In Voltron Force (the sequel to the original series) the individual lions are able to fly to the other side of the universe in only a few hours, which I got to 19,430,910,600,000c. Again, trillions of times the speed of light.

So unfused lions are large country level and MFTL+ while fused Voltron and robeasts are large planet level+ and MFTL+ in the original continuity.

As for the original Toei incarnations that WEP derived from, Golion is lighter on feats, it's amazing how the localization changed so many things.

Robeasts are able to bust mountains and Golion still has the feat of flying to Jarre which was low FTL, and there is a feat of the pilots flying to earth from Altea (which is in another solar system) and back before a single day has passed on Altea which is earthlike. Having watched all of Golion twice, that's basically the extent of feats I can think of for the series

In hindsight it makes sense how the power gap is so huge. WEP did not even translate the script, they merely guessed what was going on and made up a script as they went along, misinterpreting many things to transform a dark mecha story into a cheesy 80's classic. For example, in the original series the pilots' home planet earth was destroyed by a meteor, but in the 80's series it was Zarkon's missile instead, so we get a feat because WEP mistook a meteor for a missile.

Same thing with Space Wolf. In Golion it is referred to as a "hellish void" of sorts rather than a black hole, and Haggar gives it a speed in Voltron as well. So it went from unquantifable to a herald level feat.

Had Golion been dubbed today by, say, Funimation, Lion Voltron wouldn't be one of the most powerful classic mechs out there.

I'm doing good myself, thank you for asking that as well. Still doing community college work and i'm finally starting to learn how to drive. Other than that, it's just chilling and doing wiki work here for me.

Oh and no problem.

Also I checked your calc. The supernova doesn't explode until after they already escape via a wormhole, so I don't think the calc applies. But there are better feats in the series anyways

Holy crap, hey Vivi. Thanks for dropping by.

Anyway.

The blue lion alone not only flies to space in seconds, but also zips straight to Kerberos which is at the edge of our solar system in what Pidge says is 5 seconds, not minutes

Well, the timeframe looked like minutes to me, so I assumed that Pidge was joking. Still, Pidge would be reliable source so I can buy it being seconds.

Balmara is literally a living planet.... Voltron is still considered the most powerful being in the universe.

I thought the druids said Voltron was the most powerful weapo in the universe, not being. Or was their another scene were they said being?

Generic Galra ships can damage the particle barrier which has planet level durability due to withstanding the ion cannon. The individual lions could survive the blasts.

Nice! I didn't notice that. I assumed that when they said Zarkon destroyed planets, that he did it overtime with tech, but considering what you said, I can buy Planet level+ Zarkon and Pidge.

I think that you would be hard pressed to find feats for, say, the paladins though

I currently put them at Wall level (scaling off of Alura's feats, though someone said they could be as high as small building) with Subsonic combat speed since Keith and Shiro both fight at FTE speed. I guess its possible they can have MFTL+ reactions since they can pilot the lion though. Hmm..

So Planet level+, MFTL+ Lions? With that, I guess Voltron would be Large Planet since he should be stronger than all five Lions. Nice! Thanks Vivi.

My apologies, but I am too tired in general, and busy with the daily backlog to thoroughly check through all of the above information. I would appreciate if other staff members would take the time though.

Anyway, welcome back Vivi.

We rarely use Black hole feats to deduce the power of a certain character (though of course, their are exceptions but I very much doubt one involving kinetic energy would be accepted due to the portrayal of Black Holes in fiction).

I think we should stick with planet level+

I'm fine with the logia for MFTL+ speed.

Planet+ is also more consistent with the feats in the series, so I agree on it as well. Voltron would be Large Planet for being the fusion of 5 Planet+ robots too.

Bump.

Would the Paladins have MFTL+ reactions since they can easily pilot the Lions?

New Voltron: Legendary Defender Comic is out and it is dope so far: http://***************.to/Comic/Voltron-Legendary-Defender/Issue-1?id=74588

Have a speed calc:

Allura is bed-ridden and unable to create wormholes, so the lions must fly to another solar system themselves. The closest solar system to earth is 4.22 light years away. The paladins are supposed to be there for only a day, so I will presume they took 24 hours to go there and back

4.22 * 365 * 2 = 3080.6c and this is pretty lowballed

More MFTL+ Legendary Voltron bois 8)

Sweeeeeet! Best part is that one would scale to reaction speed too. I wounder if it scale to the Paladins reactions, since they did pilot it I am inclined to say yes.

Comic was really good too.

Back