• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Void Termina (possible upgrade)

Void Termina Upgrade

https://m.imgur.com/l3P6zpI

"All chaos and possibilities assemble within its substance,being born as the origin and ancestor of all"

This quote and other supporting evidence has lead me to conclude that Void needs a possible upgrade

Origin and Ancestor

Let's dive deep into the meaning of these words being portrayed

Origin:the point or place where something begins, arises, or is derived. (Wow dictionary definition)

Many synonyms of origin such as birthplace,source,basis are all used to support the idea of origin and its very definition being the start of something.In the quote it states the "origin of all" which is clearly referring to the Kirby Universe as "All" would be very odd and quite a stretch to say that it's less than a Universe or the Kirbyverse for that matter as Void is mentioned to be destroying everything and being a "destroyer of worlds". We can see more proof of him creating the Kirbyverse when mentioning the word Ancestor........

Ancestor:a person, typically one more remote than a grandparent, from whom one is descended. (Woah another dictionary definition What?!)

Ignoring the Grandparent aspect of the definition (as I'm not even sure Void has a reproductive system)let's look at the descended aspect.When writing a novel,book or story it's very common to use alternate words in a sentence to make things more cryptic which would make sense in this case as it's quite clear to see that "Ancestor of all" is translated as the creator of all as Void created "all"meaning all beings in the Kirbyverse.While that is a bold claim we can prove it in his lore or essentially the entire character that is Void Termina and his purpose in the game ........(later) for now here's a overview

Origin:Void Termina is the origin(,Birthplace,Source,Basis) of all(the creation of the Kirbyverse)

Ancestors:Void Termina is the Ancestor(the oldest being in the Kirbyverse due to being the creator of it to all the beings who are in the verse)

Now to the proof in the lore

Code:
Void Lore-mina
The very character Void Termina is essentially a neutral character that can become a Destroyer of Worlds(Evil) or a Star Ally(Good) this idea I supported with this quote

"Void exists in all dimensions, but his shining form in another dimension inspired the ancients to transcribe his mysteries in sacred texts. What will be written next? Will the new scrolls describe a destroyer of worlds, or an ally to the stars?"

It's painfully obvious to see that Void Termina will become either be good or evil when brought back.Void Termina is stated to destroy everything which now with the context of the quote and the evidence provided above,the ("origin and ancestor of all")=(the source of creation in the Kirbyverse and the 1st being in the Kirbyverse) it's going to be safe to assume that Void Termina and his statements of destroying everything(everything being the Kirbyverse)which I believe is accurate now as if it were a universe or smaller it would be stated as being able to destroy the universe,galaxy or planet for that matter as the texts would say Universe instead of all.Now if Void Termina can destroy everything(The Kirby verse) it wouldn't be off to assume he could create the Kirby verse as Void Termina with this new info can destroy it.It's also quite possible that the creation of the Kirby series is just Void Termina(as a good being) creating the verse and doing the opposite of what he would do when Hyness corrupted him(this is all conjecture and a theory that is something that could be taken into account it's all your perspectives)

Info that's not clear on my part -If these upgrade are accepted what would he scale to?

-How many Universes does the Kirby series have?(that's why I have been referring to it as Kirbyverse)

-Can someone please link the Void Termina 3-B explosion feat because I would like to bring that back up

Thanks to:Kirby71 and Triforce Power for providing quotes and info from previous threads

I moved this discussion to content revision, the upgrades were also discussed here. Good luck with Azathoth.

OMG why is there so much text here? Almost none of this is about that ridiculous upgrade, which isn't legit and I disagree with.

The other upgrade, his 3-B death explosion, does makes sense and I agree with. It's in the Feats section of any of the guys who survived it.

He's the ancestor of everything, not some dude who one day just created everything in a way that can be applied to his AP. He's just older than anyone, just that. What this upgrade proposes assumes an insane amount of stuff and misinterprets the lore.

All the other stuff you have here that isn't this is pointless stuff, it contributes nothing to your evidence.

Uh, i believe on "being the origin of" being possibly AP, its one of the many interpretations, Eficiente, you told me to not take my interpretation as a Word of God out of many, same this time, dont assume "being the origin of" isnt never AP, thats just one of the many interpretations, It could be AP, its just its vague and we dont know what actually refers to, but dont say that as if It was word of God.

Not really....

If you mean the two words(origin and ancestor)reference Void being older than everyone yeah I agree with that,but the words take a diffrent meaning as well

Void is the origin(creator) and ancestor(ancestor as in since he created everything and one he is their ancestors)

And how does this really misinterpret lore? If anything it's making the lore clearer,this quote is clearly being portrayed as cryptic and mysterious and following that theme the writer is using similar words to make the description more elusive it's a theme that's used in almost all descriptions of creation it's blantantly stating something by not actually stating it to make it seem more elusive,ancient and interesting a tactic many writers use

Call me crazy or mad, but here an impossible mission, get EVERY description of Void translated, something tells me the other texts have stuff that was deleted on the translation, like this one.

Kirby just became my new favorite game character recently due to Star Allies and Smash Ultimate and Im obsessed with the lore but I don't think I love Kirby enough to go that far lol

Kirby lore is insane and that's why I love it

Eficiente said:
Can someone close this thread?
Ok, but please, dont ignore my request, i know its crazy, but if we did It, we could know even more, the problem is that HAL is in Japan and a lot of info only ends Up in Japan only. It has to be something on them.

The main reason it's not entirely accepted is just the lack of statements and lore behind the character but still I believe the interpretation of this quote is clear

It would have to say that he created the multiverse, and that he didn't do that over time. It's not even close to that, stop this horrible BS.

You blantantly ignored the "It would have to say that he created the multiverse, and that he didn't do that over time" part, the context of the whole message and the context of the statement you claim give Void an upgrade.

Its right, but you both are throwing not very convincent things, its right that he assumes too much, but calling this "BS" is go too far, i would disagree via lack of more consistency, but without fully discarding It.

Oblivion Lightning said:
Void is the origin(creator) and ancestor(ancestor as in since he created everything and one he is their ancestors)
Neither of you can prove this extremely unlikely assumption, while him being an ancestor is a fact. There is nothing to discuss here, there never was.

Look at the definitions and examples I used in the post as they clearly fit (and are most likely meant to be)interpreted as Void creating the verse and since he created it he would be the ancestor of all(every being in Kirby)

The only problem which I agree with you on is the concept of time and how he made it as this quote can only go so far

No, you are assuming he created the verse when nothing says he did so.

The quote literally says again using definitions and correct phrasing that he in the oldest being in the verse and he is the basis/foundation/birthplace of it of it essentially meaning he created it which would make him the ancestor of everyone in that verse

The reason it's not blatantly stated as so is because of the theme and style of cryptic writing being used

You're assuming that means that based on extremely high interpretations and headcanons. And if anything, the poetic tone of the text makes everything in it more questionable, not literally the other way around.

There's nothing headcanon about using the definition of words in a canon quote and clearly seeing how they are interpreted which in this case the way the words are aligned and used and the only way the quote makes any sense is that Void made the verse and while poetic and cryptic texts make this questionable the writer always has intent and idea on what they are writing and the way it's stated it's obvious on what the person writing the text is trying to achieve

You couldn't be more wrong, lot's of things can be interpreted in lot's of ways, doing that while ignoring the context and moving beyond the facts is using headcanons, as false interpretations aren't canon.

You believe he created the multiverse and that that was the writer's intention but nothing confirms that. You are just believing really hard on a headcanon.

Eficiente said:
OMG why is there so much text here? Almost none of this is about that ridiculous upgrade, which isn't legit and I disagree with.
The other upgrade, his 3-B death explosion, does makes sense and I agree with. It's in the Feats section of any of the guys who survived it.
3-B? 3-B Kirby?

How fascinating. Do continue about that.

I need to get rid of this ridiculous 2-B upgrade first, this thread has a lot of sh*t in it, not the place to promote a potentially legit upgrate. And it wouldn't scale to Kirby.

Wait he would scale to 2-B dang didn't know that

But ok I read it still doesn't disprove anything about my statement I'm completely following the context I'm even using direct definitions and multiple perspectives and they all point to Void creating the verse what context do you think the quote is referring to ?(and please stop calling this thread shit as I put a lot of effort and time into arguing and writing my conclusions)

Oblivion lightining, the problem is that this is a "could be" not "It is". Could Void have created everything? Yes, could It be not? Also yes, there are a lot of interpretations, but your problem is that you are taking that one as the only one true interpretation, which isnt needed to, im not discarding this possibility but using this half-assed, vague info to outright upgrade something as if It was word of God its just not right, super crazy thing to try, so lets better centrate on the reliable one, the 3-B, and leave the 2-B one for the future when there is more info.

Also good night.

Yeah I see the counter(though I still believe that he did create the verse)but that's just me I'll save this this info and wait for the Nextel a Allies update

and good night too

Back