• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Virus fights a moth again

I don't see Non-Physical Interaction

Does Alex have anyways to incap Big Chill and can he resist from getting his heart frozen from the inside out as that's Big Chill's usual first move.

Mid high regen means freezing his possibly nonexistent heart is kinda useless, he can't interact with non corporeal beings but Im not sure if big chill actually has the means to well...Kill him. he can recover from vaporization within twenty four hours, freezing chunks of him can't kill him. Will big chill abuse intangibility? Cause if he ever turns tangible he's liable to get himself infected.

I mean usual first move might be a stretch but he'll probably freeze him from the inside out yes. Don't really know how regen interacts with being incapacitated by being frozen from the inside-out so I'm neutral for now.

Bill Chill always goes intangible and freezes opponets from the inside out and yes Big Chill always goes for intangibility

As far as i know, only other intangible characters or electricity can bypass Big Chill's intangibility

From my knowledge it doesn't, basically alex will thaw out and he'll start regenning unless big chill has feats of freezing someone for twenty four hours outside a cold enviroment. So has he ever done that? If not this seems like an incon, big chill can't bypass his regen and alex can't touch him unless he's tangible.

Edit does he ever turn tangible in his fights, alex opening move is releasing an infectous gas that works on a molecular scale. If big chill touches this gass while tangible he's liable to die.

He has a 6-B country level enviornment destruction (is that allowed here)? Other than that, he hasn't froze someone for 24 hours iirc. Might think this might be incon as well.

Yeah seems incon that doesn't really tell us how long he can hold someone frozen. At the moment alex cant touch and big chill can't incap. So going incon.

That's by making it snow in the null void so not really usefull anyways. Also if he didn't win after 24 hours he can just freeze the guy again and put more ice around him so it won't melt within 24 hours.

A few things have popped out to me, to address your point about him adding more ice there are two problems, one he's never kept someone frozen for twenty four hours Afaik IE he's never just stacked ice on top of someone to keep them frozen indefinitely , and Ive never seen the argument for stacking ice be used before so I'd kind need to know how the site treats that.

Second if we assume neither can hurt/incap the other mercer wins via out living, Big chills race has no immortality so alex eventually simply outlives the alien.

So looking over a few big chill fights...he doesn't seem to abuse intangibility the way you guys implied, in several fights he goes tangible during the fight to taunt/mock his enemies even getting hit by people shooting at him. He doesn't stay intangible for entire fights, heck even against vilgax he turned tangible several times.

If it was matter of alex hitting big chill or big chill being bloodlusted I'd agree it couldn't happen but big chill is in character and Alex doesn't need to actually physically hit big chill to win this, he simply needs his gas to touch big chill, something big chill seems liable to let happen as he doesn't remain intangible for entire fights.

Now Im not an expert Im basing this off the fights I could find on youtube so feel free to correct me.

Oh he has gas, assuming this is most recent version BC so OV Big Chill who knows about Gutrot (one of his aliens) who also uses gas, assuming he can see the gas he will definitely go intangible to avoid that or blow it away with his ice breath, also most of his opponents have a resistance to ice within Ben 10 so that explains why he sometimes drags out fights and sometimes he just doesn't wanna kill people.

Yeah adding ice is indeed a bit wonky because he doesn't know about victory conditions but in theory we could calculate out how long it takes for his ice to melt normally, this will also depend upon the season etc.

Wouldn't the winner be determined on who would need to sleep first then?

Nope sleep last eight hours not long enough to be a win and alex has infinite stamina so.... The ice thing seeems shaky. He fought aliens that seemed not resitant to his ice and still only froze parts of there body. The gas is also an omindirectional attack that covers two hundred meters.

edit also knowing about gas attacks doesn't neccesarrly means he has the knowledge to deal with it. Has big chill ever dealt with gas based attacks before?

Wow missed that. If thats the case alex gasses big chill freezes and stays intangible. And we're left with an incon where alex waits as big chill keeps reicing him and eventually big chill dies of old age.

how does laying eggs every eighty years help him? He still ages and will eventually die.

He'd need to freeze alex then grab the ice block he's trapped in to bfr, as any physical contact will have him consumed. Saying that I suppose its a win con has he ever done anything like that before?

Although Im curios why you made it bloodlusted?

I didn't know why someone thought that Big Chill has a win condition against a character like Mercer when he has no reliable way to get past Mercer's regenerative abilities and has no evidence of not dying from old age...

I'm pretty sure Mercer outlives Big Chill here, and BC can pretty much do nothing about it from what I can see, so it's a stomp.

Edit: Also, if BC has to constantly make attempts to keep his opponent incapacitated, then it isn't a win condition as constantly making incapacitation attempts doesn't count. In this site, a character must have an incapacitation method that doesn't need them to consciously keep the incapacitation going, or else it doesn't count as a win condition.

Tbf Ben would rather blow up the Omnitrix than wait till he dies to finish a fight lol, also yeah given enough time, Ben will indeed grab the ice block and throw him into space like he did as Way Big to Vilgax (but without the ice).

This is a fight with Ben just using Big Chill, he isn't getting access to other alien forms (so no Way Big or anything). And unless there is actually a scan of Ben sending someone to space with Big Chill while his target is frozen in an ice block, BFR should be out-of-character for Ben in Big Chill form in lieu of solid evidence. I'm pretty sure Big Chill is most likely going to die of old age here. And I'm pretty sure Ben needs to be in his human form to command his Omnitrix to self-destruct anyways.

Edit: Wait, does Big Chill even freeze his targets inner bodily functions? Because from the scenes I can recall, his freezing usually works via encasing his targets with ice (and that includes the freezing his intangibility induces). Does BC even freeze his targets bodily functions rather than just encasing them in ice (because I have my doubts, since I don't recall BC performing that type of freezing)?

And how is he going to get past Mid-High Regenerationn? Last I've checked, conventional freezing (and by conventional freezing, I meant ones that freezes from the inside and out like in real life) shouldn't work on Regenerationn greater than Low-High (which Mercer's Mid-High Regenerationn is) and Big chill doesn't have Absolute Zero freezing to deal with such Regenerationn... And there's also the fact that nobody in this thread has actually brought up scans of Big Chill actually freezing the bodily functions of his targets rather than just encasing them in ice like I've recalled that he did in his fights...

Back