• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vindicare Assassin vs Gruntilda

After looking through both profiles, this seems like one of those matches that's heavily dependent upon the starting range.

At a range of 100+ meters, the witch should absolutely destroy with things like existence erasure, plot manipulation, and BFR.

However, within dozens of meters, the witch gets power nulled, and feels extremely nauseous due to the mind manipulation, before coming in contact with one of the assassin's matter or soul destroying weapons.

Wrong assassin

Also power null would work just fine since you cant magically snipe them, powers cant go off in their presence

But anyways, Vindicares are snipers. Culexuses are the power nullers.

Considering a vindicare once shot someone on a moon from the planet that's not gonna be a hard shot to make.

It's also out of Gruntilda's range for her projectiles. Her plot hax/EE, clairvoyance and possibly Teleportation work at that range tho

What can gruntilda do at such a range?

Ah. I didn't see any dividing keys so I assumed the powers were just on a higher magnitude for each thing.

Still, plot manipulation, unless it's power nulled, allows her to escape basically anything from what it seems.

Yeah, Gruntilda's plot hax/EE completely screws over the Vindicare.

Howeeever, she doesn't use the EE in character, and rarely uses the plot hax. She'd either lead with immediately time travelling or setting up forcefields + possibly invisibility

Doesn't she need to be aware of something to plot hax on? These dudes are really good at stealth, and 500m is pretty far for the naked eye on something like a Vindicare.

Her clairvoyance is passive, so I doubt the Vindicare would be able to hide from her.

They've hid from Eldar Warlocks before. How does her clairvoyance work anyways?

It would yeah, although she doesn't have any 'insta-win' techniques with said prep time. She'd likely create an army of Gruntbots/undead beings + set up B.O.B. to snipe the Vindicare (ironic huh). To clarify, I've restricted vehicles so she can't just bring mountain level weaponry to the fight.

@Woki idk how it works exactly, but Gruntilda knew something as trivial as 'Banjo & Kazooie collected a Jiggy from King Jingaling kilometres away' as soon as they collected said Jiggy. She then proceeded to fire B.O.B. directly where they were (but missed due to B.O.B.'s charge up time)

Wokistan said:
Considering a vindicare once shot someone on a moon from the planet that's not gonna be a hard shot to make.
Did the character bother dodging? How fast was the bullet?

I've been reading up on some planned assassin changes, so that's why I haven't been responding. Sorry.

Back