• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Anthropomorphic Sponge vs a Wicked Witch
(SpongeBob Squarepants vs. Banjo-Kazooie) (Viacom-Nickelodeon vs. Microsoft-Rare)

Rules :

• SpongeBob is restricted from using his optional equipment
  • Mecha Gruntilda is not being used here. both Base form for Keys
  • "Gruntilda is 8-A, SpongeBob is Base 8-B, and are in-Character!"
  • "Speed equalized = Supersonic+"
  • Location takes place at Mumbo's Mountain
  • Starting distance is 15 meters
  • Win condition via knockout, incap, death,
provide evidence or sources.

Fry Cook: 8 ( The_ALmighty_Wholesome, NomNoms, GoGoPowerRanger, OneBleachHurricane, ElixirBlue, Pyschomaster35, Delta333, Sonicflare9 )

Grunty: 3 ( Gruntsman889, DaReaperMan, Imaginym )

Inconclusive :

since the last time Spongebob fought a video game villain it was The Snatcher from AHIT (A Hat in Time), why not a classic villain?

Last edited:
Invincibubble doesn't use most of the powers Spongebob has, & also has his own problems for scaling, IIRC. (That being that his physicals are, seemingly erroneously scaled to another character's storm feat, & which don't scale to physicals.)

But that should be said in a separate discussion thread or in a new CRT. Otherwhise i think base spongebob at 8-B should work better for this fight
More reasonable, bump.
I see grunty likely using any of her magic or a curse first off towards him
Spongebob trying to use karate at her does Battle for bikini bottom bubble moveset count?

More reasonable, bump.
I see grunty likely using any of her magic or a curse first off towards him
Spongebob trying to use karate at her does Battle for bikini bottom bubble moveset count?
Well, if OP specifies it's base 8-B Spongebob....

Gruntilda:
Tier: At least 8-A, possibly 7-C

Looking into it, it seems the calc linked on her page is just for a supporting feat.

Turns out, what explains her rating is on Banjo & Kazooie's page:

Attack Potency: At least Multi-City Block level+ (Harmed Gruntilda. Banjo and Kazooie have directly fought the HAG-1 which created earthquakes powerful enough to shake Banjo's house from hundreds of meters away violently enough to cause Mumbo Jumbo to fall from his chair, and likely cause rubble to fall in Gruntilda's lair, which should make it at least a Magnitude 5 earthquake. Comparable to Gruntilda, who completely blew up the Hag-1 by accident and who could tank this without seeming to be harmed), higher with Grenade Eggs (They deal 3x as much damage to enemies, including Gruntilda, than regular eggs), likely Town level (Can harm other characters with similar durability to themselves)

Ostensibly, the Hag-1 generated a Earthquake of at least Magnitude 5 (1,995,262,000,000 joules or 476.879063098 Tons of TNT.) over most of Spiral Mountain & seemingly her lair, & given that Hag 1 did the drilling via its own physical drill parts, the machine was apparently able to survive the force of that drilling (It'd feel the vibrations & equal & opposite reaction & all.), it apparently scales to that, which makes Gruntilda ACCIDENTALLY destroying it all the more feat.

Though, considering a Magnitude 5 Earthquake isn't even half of the 1,000 tonnes of TNT peak of 8-A, & 7-C begins at 5,800 tonnes of TNT (More than 12 times the yield of the Hag-1's rating.), I'm surprised she's upscaled to 7-C rather than Low 7-C (Which begins at 1,000 tonnes of TNT.)

Her Striking Strength (As opposed to her AP, which is what Magic matters for.) is:
Striking Strength: Unknown, at least Multi-City Block Class+, possibly Town Class with her broomstick

Base Spongebob at his peak of 8-B scales to either:

105,442,816,297 joules/25.2014379294933 tons, or City Block level (Assuming comparability to Squidward.)
56,932,213,456 joules/13.607125586998 tons, or City Block level (Assuming comparability to Squidina.)

In other words, Spongebob is AT MOST:

105,442,816,297 joules.

While Grunty is AT LEAST:

1,995,262,000,000 joules

Putting her at about an 18.92x advantage, BARE MINIMUM; She could easily be higher, & since that's compared to the higher of 2 values for Spongebob's peak (The lower being barely half the higher's rating.) & even without being higher, were it not for her Unknown Striking Strength (Unless she uses her broomstick.), she'd still be able to give Spongebob the boney backhand of his little life.

....Good thing Spongebob can regenerate, huh? & since it's to the extent of being turned to ash, even her homing spells might not be enough.

So what are her other options? Well, she's threatened to turn Banjo & Kazooie into a frog. We never saw how or if she'd do it, but it'd be a fittingly cliche witch thing I'd readily accept she could do.
If Spongebob turned into a frog can't regenerate, homing blast him again. If he can.... Well, as long as he's not able to harm her, just trap him in a jar or a cage, or knock him out.

Can her Ice Manipulation freeze him solid? How does her Existence Erasure work? I don't see details for either of those on her profile.

Oh, & for the Lifting Strength matchup?
Spongebob is rated at 209.308260195 kg, or Athletic Human for the "at his peak" part of "Varies from Below Average Human usually to Athletic Human his peak" his LS rating.

Gruntilda is rated at Unknown, Peak Human with Telekinesis for reasons unclear to me. Seriously where is this from?

Like.... It was done by the combined magical efforts of her sisters Mingella & Blobbelda, & the rock did float upwards, then shrunk & poofed into magic sparkles, seemingly disappearing.
Is THAT why she has Existence Erasure?
Lifting the boulder off of her when she was resurrected? Rating THAT as Peak Human via Telekinesis? Heck, according to the fall & rock calc used to support her Durability rating, the rock was calculated at 1,924,213.005 kilograms. That's almost double the baseline for Class M Lifting Strength, not Peak Human!
BK's ending showed Grunty struggling, implying she couldn't lift the rock, though she made it budge (Is that the basis?) & if she had the magic to TK lift it, but didn't, either she was too worn out, there was PIS, or the rating is flawed.)
The rock's mass was calculated for a Durability calc, but still: If you're gonna scale her to the combined magical efforts of her sisters, at least do it right!

Anyway, Peak Human begins at 227 kg, so even if Grunty's TK is baseline in the Peak Human rating, she still outlifts Spongebob. & his LS was so close, too, how embarassing.

But yeah, given an AP, Durability, & Striking Strength (seemingly only with her broom.) of easily over 19 times in Grunty's favor, Spongebob's karate probably won't even rattle her bones, much less damage her.
Meanwhile, Spongebob's Regen means unless she can destroy him beyond ashes, he won't die, & it'd take a lot of Out of Character holding back to an extreme I doubt Grunty could nor would do for her to ONLY knock Spongebob unconscious.

Grunty seems to have at least a few alternate win conditions, but Spongebob might, too, so I'll wait for more input.

Hopefully this helps, all!

Last edited:
Not to mention if the going gets rough Grunty has a tendency to BFR.

Gruntilda FRA
I can see grunty doing her BFR, vote counted.

although, SpongeBobs regeneration, Supernatural luck (on occasions, it's a 50/50 chance with grunty), and defensive haxes could save him.

has SpongeBob faced someone with Plot manipulation, Existence erasure, and pain manipulation before?

Spongebob's opening move of Martial Arts puts him in a bad position, or at best, does nothing. Read my 1st post in the thread. Or, if you can't be bothered....

"Putting her at about an 18.92x advantage, BARE MINIMUM; She could easily be higher, & since that's compared to the higher of 2 values for Spongebob's peak (The lower being barely half the higher's rating.) & even without being higher, were it not for her Unknown Striking Strength (Unless she uses her broomstick.), she'd still be able to give Spongebob the boney backhand of his little life."

& if you're wondering why, quote the OP:
Spongebob is not winning a physical battle against Grunty, & the only reason he has a chance is her damaging spells may not actually be able to kill him because of his regeneration.

Does SpongeBob use Reality-warping often or as an offensive/defensive hax?

would Existence Erasure be effective against the sponge?

Grunty's spells nor spongebobs karate moves won't work against each other as Imaginym mentioned.

Spongebob's opening move of Martial Arts puts him in a bad position, or at best, does nothing. Read my 1st post in the thread. Or, if you can't be bothered....

"Putting her at about an 18.92x advantage, BARE MINIMUM; She could easily be higher, & since that's compared to the higher of 2 values for Spongebob's peak (The lower being barely half the higher's rating.) & even without being higher, were it not for her Unknown Striking Strength (Unless she uses her broomstick.), she'd still be able to give Spongebob the boney backhand of his little life."

& if you're wondering why, quote the OP:
Spongebob is not winning a physical battle against Grunty, & the only reason he has a chance is her damaging spells may not actually be able to kill him because of his regeneration.
I know I was just stating what he started with. Spongebob WILL use his hax defensively if he knows he’s in trouble. Also I think Spongey might resist EE. It’s just not on is profile yet it’s on Patrick’s.

Back