• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I just thought of this, and why not? Both got their respective advantages and are likely the strongest opponents Geralt has ever faced (Not counting my man Gaunter of course)

Dettlaff starts in vampire form and can go monster form, Vilgefortz's ED is restricted

Speed isn't equalized

Battle takes place in Tesham Mutna, so Dettlaff can also summon his vampires and has basic knowledge on Vilgefortz (to make the battle more fair and interesting)

Who wins?

Combat theme

Gwent cardart nilfgaard vilgefortz
Dettlaff
Vilgefortz of Roggevee: 1

The Beast of Beauclair: 1

...Why is Vilgefortz scaled to Geralt's game feats when the former doesn't appear in the games? I thought the books weren't scaleable to the games at all.

Also, Vilgefortz indeed doesn't appear in games, but he's mentioned by Geralt in Blood and Wine

I recall there being a whole debacle on how the games aren't canon to the books, and how that ended up being the reason Geralt's book info was removed from his profile. (And also why the profile is named "Geralt of Rivia (Video Games)" now)

And if that is still the case, then Vilgefortz wouldn't scale to the video games' feats. He would scale to whatever happened in the books.

https://youtu.be/bbkDsz-8Fvo?t=129

I have every single game and in their description it's mentioned that they are made on Andrzej's license and it's fully based on the books. I believe we should make Vilgefortz's game version or something with all of his abilities from the book or just keep it as it is with some note, because as I said, book feats aren't calcable in any way. Andrzej said that it's their own continuation of story that is their own writing and he has no problem with it in 2012 interview so maybe that's fine.

Vilgefortz casually was stomping Geralt, Regis and Yenn at once at Strygga Castle. No reason why he won't do the same here.

As for the scaling issues, I'll leave that up to you people. Tell me if a CRT is made.

Would Unseen Elder be better? I thought Dettlaff could do something with his regen and summoning, and sheer fact that he is way faster in monster form

Detlaff stomps Vilgefortz,game Geralt also stomps Vilgefortz.

First off,games=/=books.Second,Geralt was subjected to a unique mutation in Blood and Wine which made him even stronger,ability wise and physically.

Lol. Vilgefortz stomped Geralt, Regis and Yen at the same time. Later Geralt defeated him ONLY because Vilgefortz was greatly weakened by illusion. And he still noted in Blood and Wine that it wasn't easy.

That was in the books.

And Geralt got his feats and rating from gameplay.I don't remember anyone mentioning Vilgefortz dierctly in Blood and Wine.

Also as I said again,Geralt took another mutation in Blood and Wine.

You literally have a link here. Regis mentioned Vilgefortz at the end of BaW.

He still turned Regis (Comparable to Dettlaff), a guy with superhuman durability to mush which is 9-A feat and he has several haxes.

So,he was mentioned then.

I still think Detlaff takes this,he fought stronger version of Geralt and his monster form is even greater in strength and agility.

Vilgefortz was ALWAYS stronger than Geralt, not only he crushed him with staff only (Vilgefortz is pretty much one of the greatest swordsmen in the series), but he later could push him to wall while greatly weakened. We shouldn't forget he is still the strongest mage in entire series and no one comes close.

He also can amp his staff, as other mages send meteors, control mind, weather et cetera. There might be even a calc for Vilgefortz destroying some of Stygga Castle.

I think Vilgefortz will defeat Detlaff long before he'll go into the monster form. Even usual combat should go to Vilgefortz, since he was "effortlessly defeating Geralt". And with magic he was able to defeat a team of a vampire, witcher, and sorceress (all are top tier of their "class" btw). It's just too much for a one poor vampire (and his summoned little vampires).

But even assuming monster form, I just don't get enough imagination, to see Vilgefortz
ðÆð©ð╗Ðîð│ðÁÐäð¥ÐÇÐå Ðâð▒ð©ð▓ð░ðÁÐé ðáðÁð│ð©Ðüð░
losing.
So, yeah... I need to go reeeealy deep into mental gymnastic, to get another outcome. Vote goes for the mage.

Yeah, I see, but still, it's pretty clear victory, for me at least.

Unseen Elder would be an overkill. He is too fast.

Back