• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Very small Arceus question

It's about Arceus's Telepathy / Mind Resistance. Him having it is okay, so not that big of a deal.

It's the scaling of it that I want to question. Why does this site scale Arceus's telepathy resistance from Sheena and her ancestor Damos's mind hax instead of Hoopas? Because im 99.9% sure Hoopa's mind hax is leagues above the former 2. Unlike Sheena and Damos, Hoopa's mind manipulation is great enough to easily control the entire Creation Trio (and other legendaries) simutaneously. And it's debatable that the mind hax is even a lot greater since it was Shadow Hoopa that did it, who's only a part of Hoopa's overall power for being split.

Hoopa's mind hax didn't do a thing whatsoever to Ghris, a man who only wields a small facet of Arceus's power. Granted, Barza was able to be controlled, but its confirmed that he and his sister Mary weren't at Ghris's level of experience in using the power Arceus gave their clan. Hoopa's mind hax is used passively via the prison bottle when someone touches it and not only did Ghris seal Hoopa into the bottle, but also successfully took it and locked it away far from where he lived. Without being controlled.

So if a man with only, like, a small facet of Arceus's power can remain totally unaffected by Hoopa's mind hax, Arceus himself should be unbelievebly upscaled from that.

Pretty sure that the current scaling for Arceus' mind hax is that its resistance >>>>>>>> The lake trio's mind hax, given that it doesn't work on Giratina (And they can affect Dialga/Palkia)

I have no knowledge about Hoopa though, so i can't help with that

Kaltias said:
Pretty sure that the current scaling for Arceus' mind hax is that its resistance >>>>>>>> The lake trio's mind hax, given that it doesn't work on Giratina (And they can affect Dialga/Palkia)
I have no knowledge about Hoopa though, so i can't help with that
Hoopa mindhaxed Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, simultaneously

Looks like we have enough since this is just a matter of scaling.

Now out of curiosity, how upscaled would Arceus's resistance be from Hoopas?

Unquantifiably better. It's a facet of Arceus's power and the sum is greater than the facet but unless there's a given number for what percent of Arceus's power Ghris has, then all we know that Arceus > Ghris.

Fair point, but im sure we can quite easily assume a reasonable low percentage of the level of power Ghris has.

Unless one wants to argue Arceus gives people enough power to be tier 2 at all.

It's not like all power is equal. Maybe giving enough power to resist mindhax isn't the same as giving them physical power. Not enough to know anything for sure besides Arceus being way better.

so

Arceus's mind resistance (and arguably also his mind hax) >>> Ghris's resistance > Hoopas' mindhax >> Giratina's resistance > the LT's combined mind hax > Dialga's resistance >> mind hax of a single LT member

Overlord775 said:
so
Arceus's mind resistance (and arguably also his mind hax) >>> Ghris's resistance > Hoopas' mindhax >> Giratina's resistance > the LT's combined mind hax > Dialga's resistance >> mind hax of a single LT member
Shouldn't it be Hoopa's mindhax >>> The entire CT together >>> Giratina's individual resistance > The LT's combined mind hax > Dialga's resistance >> mind hax of 2/3 of the LT?

The bold is the parts I added in, asking if it's appropriate.

Okay.

We have 6 in agreement so far, 2 of them staff members. And this is not a matter of adding abilities but just about the scaling of it, which should be perfectly straightfoward at this point.

Should we add the changes then?

Back