• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Very minor PMMM revision

Kaltias

VS Battles
Retired
https://youtu.be/QqeBNPTt1rU The pain inhibition part is always active, so it applies to all magical girls. Technically all of them can also shut down their sense of pain but only Sayaka actually does it so it's debatable whether or not it should be applied to everyone.

Magia Record witches should be superior to the second weakest witch, Oktavia (for reference a familiar can fight a non-boosted magical girl in MagiReco) and thus should be "likely 7-B" due to Oktavia being either high end Low 7-B or 7-B.

Scale to the magical girls who canonically fought boosted witches (Iroha, Yachiyo, Kyoko etc). Needs help with finding out everyone who scales from that

Also, Ophelia would probably be 7-B for a similar reason (at the very least she is >>>>>>>> her high end Low 7-B self)

Hmmm, but how would this scale to characters in Magia Record who haven't been boosted yet?

Some characters like Ren haven't actually been boosted in Magia Record canonically nor fought witches yet. Also, I'm not sure if canonically any magical girl has tanked a hit from a boosted witch.

Iroha did. I'd say that non-boosted characters can scale if it doesn't contradict stuff (If Mami tanks a direct hit from a boosted witch for example)

People who haven't fought any witch I dunno. The "at least Low 7-C" minimum is here if it comes to that

Alright

Just wanna point out you didn't need to make a thread for that yet tho, since they aren't even on the wiki.

It was more "while I add the pain stuff I have to add something else" lol. Also a few are on the wiki already.

Speaking of which, are Kyoko and Kazumi boosted?

And you haven't said anything about Ophelia/pain null stuff

Not from what I know, no. Kazumi idk.

Agree with Pain Null, assuming you meant Oktavia, I'm ok with that too

Then I dunno if Kyoko should scale.

I did meant Ophelia actually. She should be 7-B via being >>>>>>>>> Kyoko who is either high end Low 7-B or 7-B

Actually wait, if 7-B Ophelia is ok it's actually consistent with Kyoko fighting a boosted witch

The MagiReco version is MG+Witch, no? That's why they can do Doppel shenanigans. If Ophelia is 7-B, MagiReco Kyoko is 7-B like the boosted witches

Well iirc we don't know how the fight went other than Kyoko winning.

But at the end of the day she isn't that far behind anyway so even if she doesn't scale it isn't inconsistent

She didn't know Doppel was a thing yet actually, not sure if she even knows now.

That's also true

Anyways, I'm thinking about putting the stats for AP as suggested for Iroha, but an At least 7-B for Yachiyo, because she is Yachiyo. Not sure about Dura tho, but I think in the case of Iroha she could warrant a Possibly 7-B given it doesn't seem implied that there is any huge gap in terms of ap and dura. Not sure about Ren, given she is hax incarnate so she would probably be similar to Homura.

Iroha fought Rena (and took a hit from her) who fight them regularly so her dura should be 7-B too

K @Kal

I'm guessing I'll be producing the magica record magical girl profiles? One a week or something

Before I go any further, is there any particular magical girl profile you want to make?

Looking at this, Kazumi can probably scale to 7-B given that she is the boss that you have to fight for literally all the quests. Granted, question is if she is amped or not. For now i'd say that she can scale in her MagiReco key

Is that a story event or a banner event?

That reminds me, I need to put Holy Mami vs Magia Record cast + Sayaka as a feat

It's the event when she was introduced I think. Her story wasn't translated yet (or at least I couldn't find it)

About the pain thing.

I agree with resistance to pain for all of them.

However, the reason they can inhibit the pain they feel is because their bodies aren't directly connected to their consciousnesses. Thus any form of pain manipulation that directly affects their consciousnesses (e.g. Quebey using pain manip on Sayaka's soul gem in that same scene) instead of simply affecting their body (by messing with pain receptor cells or something) will still bypass that resistance to pain.

Additionally, Quebey says they could learn to "cut off the pain with time", and I don't remember anyone else showing this. So I disagree with giving pain Nullification to all of them. Only Sayaka should have the full nullification, and others just get the resistance. Though if other magical girls have shown themselves as feeling completely no pain from attacks that have actually done damage that should be painful to them, then we can add it to those profiles as well.

Resistance to Pain isn't really a thing. But i'm fine if the others get pain inhibition instead of nullification.

Kirika would have nullification as well. She got cut in half and was calm enough that she looked dead

Call it what you want. Or just say "resistance to pain (can inhibit her sense of pain)"

Ok. Don't know who that is. Should probably read the spinoffs

In any case, this means any Magical Girls except Sayaka and Kirika that have had Pain Nullification added should have it changed to Pain Inhibition, and it should probably be noted in their weaknesses that this only helps against pain stemming from their bodies rather than from mental / spiritual attacks.

This lovely lady. She is from Oriko Magica.

It isn't really a weakness, more how their power works. It can be explained in the notable attacks/techniques.

Yeah, can be explained there too. I just wasn't sure if they all had an entry for Pain Inhibition there.

Also, I just looked at H.N. Elly and saw she has "unconventional soul manipulation resistance"

Isn't it only the magical girls who have that via their souls actually being in their soul gems? The witches are the results of the soul / soul gem being overwhelmed by despair and "hatching" into a witch. The witch is literally a corrupted soul, so I don't see why it would have that unconventional resistance anymore.

The witches still have the Grief Seed (Which at the end of the day is still their soul, only corrupted). Most of the witch is still soulless

I mean, the GS is the Soul Gem after corrupting too much.

We also know that a GS can remake the body of a witch if used too much so it does act similarly to the SG in the sense that you don't truly die until its destroyed

Edit: God I realized only now that Soul Gem and Grief Seed are specular in their initials

Back