• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Verse Critique Thread

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So this thread will help us all make more interesting pages.

Here, your fellow wikia members can critique you verse(s)

From your concept to you characters and tiers.

If you are curious, please post here :)

I will be the first to make his verse known. My verse is Xros Revolution I actually plan on this being a series of Video Games one day. So I really would like some input on my characters as of now. For reference here is my cosmology blog. It isn't complete and some of the "finished" portions will get more detail.

I have everything related to me and my friend's verse here, Gyrohem .

(I actually plan on making a novel starting with Linx's story. That, or an in-depth look into the world)

My main Verse is Red Alert, Tokyo!

If anyone wants to give it a look and provide any thoughts, I'd appreciate it. So far, I'm working on the story that would be a second season, if it were to be a show (Retribution Virus Arc), and if anyone finds something else that would neeed better explanation, I'm willing to provide details. I'd like to make sure everything is as clear as possible.

I would, but I'm in the middle of Digimon Revisions. You could start by giving your opinion on these verse tho :)

The form of input im looking for is, overall how is my verse in terms of quality and how does it comes off to you guys whenever you check one of my pages or the verse page itself.

Ah, the input I am looking for is the following:

1) Are the characters good? How may I improve them?

2) How is the concept?

3) The verse in general.

i also want to know what people think about my verse,Hunter Blood,im a bit busy so only the main character is finished from there

the input i want is:1)How is the verse?

2)How are the characters profiles for now?

3)What improvents can be done in general

The kind of input I want is the following:

1. What do y'all think of my character?

2. What do you like about it.

3. Is it interesting?

4. What can I do to improve it/make it better?

Alright, alright. I've read over your profiles, blogs, and whatnot and here's my input:

Drago

Yes, your characters are interesting. We're amateurs and from what Sera reviews on a weekly basis in Seoul compared to your verses in terms of characters is like comparing burnt chicken to fresh chicked coming straight out the oven. In other words, you have fresh material while everyone who tries to get published out here (be it video games, manwha, tv, whatever) is throwing around old/stale pitches we all seen a million times. But Darkmon is right, it's subjective opinion. But hey, this is the opinion of a guy who's been writing for 10 years and whose wife actually works on big animation projects so take it hoe ya will. I'd say keep building them up because your characters have potential.

AkuAkuAkuma

You my friend have well made pages and a intetrsting verse overall. I especially like the name "Seige" it's short and simple. In terms of quality? On an amateur scale it's 8/10 no doubt. It comes off to me like you aren't trying too hard, which is great. Too many peoplebwant to make grand and epic stories without even a general outline/plan.

Roymaster

1. Are the characters good? From what I've seen from Link yes. The fact that you are making a low tier verse puts a smile on my face. I'm curious to see how they develop.

2. Concept is nice. Nothing is 100% original as everything has been done by somebody but for a verse of such simplicity, you don't need a very expansive plot.

3. You can always improve by expanding on the characters. Really dig deep into their personalities. I'm not daying write a novel's length of description, but detail is good. Overall in general, the verse has potential like Aku's.

BlackDarkness

1. Verse is pretty neat, gives me strong fantasy vibes. Don't know if it should but that doesn't matter ^_^'

2. For now, they are pretty good, a bit differently formatted but that's subtle differences so it doesn't matter. I understand your busy so I don't mind the WIPs. Taking your time is best anyway.

3. Same as with Roymaster's Heroes Unite! Just take your time, develop the characters, fully flesh them out, roleplay as them if you have to lol. Anything really.

My advice to everyone is to have a pla. This goes for anyone making OCs with an actual verse that has a story.

Let's say your an team of animators, writers, etc. and you hired Sera to be your Art Director. The first thing she will ask is for your script, where's your storyboard? do you have an outline. Planning is always good. For those who just to have fun, do just that! No need to be so serious if you're only making a hobby to get your through school or whatever your reason may be.

I have already put up my verse for review, So i will just let you know that I mostly want opinions regarding the way superpowers work in my verse.

As for my characters, I only have two characters who I have spent effort in developing.

Michael Morty

Morgan Maze

Let me know what you think about them.

@Ven Thanks for that encouragement. The characters mean a lot to me. I like to have fun with my character personalities. My plot is not really that complex. My franchise is moreso about the characters and their interactions as well as building a vast world. Y'know making it feel unique and interesting. To summarize the plots of all my works.

Yuracion Absolon- Protect Existence, Stop Zavin

Sacred Heir- Stop Lucifer from destroying everything.

Abyss Break- Unify the World

Brave Oni- Enjoy life

Universe Reign- Gain allies and survive

Generation Rising- Gain allies and create a new organization to protect the world

Academy of Artes- ............Doesn't have a real plot. I just wanted a series to simply be fun. No fate of the world or anything.

Dragon Empress- Build up your Mafia Family.

Akashi Fighters- Become the strongest. Become a Yuracion Deva.

VenomElite said:
BlackDarkness

1. Verse is pretty neat, gives me strong fantasy vibes. Don't know if it should but that doesn't matter ^_^'

2. For now, they are pretty good, a bit differently formatted but that's subtle differences so it doesn't matter. I understand your busy so I don't mind the WIPs. Taking your time is best anyway.

3. Same as with Roymaster's Heroes Unite! Just take your time, develop the characters, fully flesh them out, roleplay as them if you have to lol. Anything really.

My advice to everyone is to have a pla. This goes for anyone making OCs with an actual verse that has a story.

Let's say your an team of animators, writers, etc. and you hired Sera to be your Art Director. The first thing she will ask is for your script, where's your storyboard? do you have an outline. Planning is always good. For those who just to have fun, do just that! No need to be so serious if you're only making a hobby to get your through school or whatever your reason may be.
Thank you for that and for the tips as well ^ ^

Links to all of the pages I've made so far can be found on my user page. If anyone wants to look them over, go ahead, but I've got a lot of things to work out so their stats and backstories may be subject to change in the future, since I didn't bother to heed @VenomElite's advice and go in with a plan.

Sorry for the non critiques, but I'm only able to comment here and there. Believe it or not Digimon Revisions have taken a while. You do one revision for like 7 characters, then suddenly you have to edit like 70+ other files because of Digimon scaling..... Still not done

Back