• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
A Song of Ice and Fire profiles have no calculations for their Attack Potency feats.
Why the hell everyone is below average human in LS?

Like, wtf
Lifting Strength: Below Average Human, possibly Average Human (A mortally wounded Gregor can crush a skull with two punch. Gregor wears the heaviest, thickest steel plate armor in the Seven Kingdoms, his armor is so heavy that no ordinary man would be able to move, let alone fight effectively while wearing it[4]. The Mountain's strength allows him to wield a six-foot, two-handed greatsword with just one hand, giving him enormous reach while still wielding a shield[6][4])
This is easly Class 1

Most of the characters are at this level because there is no feat where they lift 50-80 kg
The characters are beyond athletic ability and are considered monsters. You say that they are weaker than the average person in strength is simply a joke. Literally there are characters who are described as being able to wear armor that no human would be able to wear and lift swords 2 meters long EDIT: with one ******* hand

At very least you should have put them as Unknown, not BELOW average human

No profile follows that shit logic.They are warriors, trained humans. My ass they are below average

The characters are beyond athletic ability and are considered monsters. You say that they are weaker than the average person in strength is simply a joke. Literally there are characters who are described as being able to wear armor that no human would be able to wear and lift swords 2 meters long EDIT: with one ******* hand

At very least you should have put them as Unknown, not BELOW average human

No profile follows that shit logic.They are warriors, trained humans. My ass they are below average
But I'm not talking about Gregor Clegane or characters like him, but about the other characters. They are trained to fight yes, but that does not mean that they can lift 80 kg on the first try if they are asked to do so. According to your logic any IRL athlete in any sport could do this

But I'm not talking about Gregor Clegane or characters like him, but about the other characters. They are trained to fight yes, but that does not mean that they can lift 80 kg on the first try if they are asked to do so. According to your logic any IRL athlete in any sport could do this
They are human
They don't show that they are weaker than normal humans
In fact they prove to be physically much further than a normal human
They are legendary, trained warriors

The default would be to put them as at least athletic level or, if you downplay, human level

Theres a lot
You are basically saying that I am about several times stronger than 90% of the verse
You assuming a random value for them doesn't make things more consistent just because it's a small value
You are literally assuming that they are weaker than a normal human even though this is not shown to be true at any point

You focus too much on the name "Below Average Human" of the LS level.

No below average human can lift 30 or 40 kg.
Most average humans can't even lift 80kg without training.
Bruh, think about this, a regular human weighs more than 40 kg, you're saying these characters wouldn't even be able to support their own weight and would break their arms trying to do a single pull up lmao.

I guess another verse I really wanna revive is Ninja: The Most Dangerous Game

There's not even a verse page and it's one of the WORST graphic novels I've read but it's Tyler "Ninja" Blevins and he may or may not be Tier 2 or Tier 5 and I think the idea of Tier 2 / Tier 5 Ninja Fortnite is hilarious.

I have access to the sequel book to (which no one owns).

Theres a lot
You are basically saying that I am about several times stronger than 90% of the verse
You assuming a random value for them doesn't make things more consistent just because it's a small value
You are literally assuming that they are weaker than a normal human even though this is not shown to be true at any point
You don't understand what I'm saying.
The name "Below Average Human" and "Average Human" of the LS is misleading.

If IRL athletes had profiles on VSBW, some would also have a LS "Below Average Human" or "Average Human". Because being athletic does not mean being able to lift 70 or 80 kg the first time without training in weight lifting.

No below average human being can lift 30 or 40 kg, and on VSBW the "Below Average Human" is to be able to carry 0 to 50 kg.

Bruh, think about this, a regular human weighs more than 40 kg, you're saying these characters wouldn't even be able to support their own weight and would break their arms trying to do a single pull up lmao.
It depends on what type of lifting force VSBW takes into account, but the case you are talking about is not even useful in combat. If you are 50 kg it does not mean that you can lift 50 kg in bench press during your first try

It depends on what type of lifting force VSBW takes into account, but the case you are talking about is not even useful in combat. If you are 50 kg it does not mean that you can lift 50 kg in bench press during your first try
It uses force, so if someone weighs more than 50 KG its enough to be above average, since they can withstand the force gravity applies on them in relation to their mass, if these guys were Below Average they would also have to weigh less than 50 KG otherwise they would be tired just from the act of existing lol

It uses force, so if someone weighs more than 50 KG its enough to be above average, since they can withstand the force gravity applies on them in relation to their mass, if these guys were Below Average they would also have to weigh less than 50 KG otherwise they would be tired just from the act of exiting lol
Which doesn't change what I'm saying. During VS threads the LS of characters is constantly used in combat, and the case you cite is not useful in combat.

I guess another verse I really wanna revive is Ninja: The Most Dangerous Game

There's not even a verse page and it's one of the WORST graphic novels I've read but it's Tyler "Ninja" Blevins and he may or may not be Tier 2 or Tier 5 and I think the idea of Tier 2 / Tier 5 Ninja Fortnite is hilarious.

I have access to the sequel book to (which no one owns).
Tier 2 ninja does sound Goated, I might try reading that lmao

So prove to me that anyone can lift their own weight in weightlifting on their first try (without training in weight lifting)
Considering they are ripped and giants, they must weigh at least 80 kg, most armor weighs around 25 kg, so in total there are 105 kg on the body
In dueling, in a heavy exchange of attacks, you need to throw your body weight at your opponent
If they could not even lift 50 kg the warriors would instantly fall to the ground in a battle, something that not happens

Gonna create a CRT when I have time

Lifting Strength is used in VS Threads yes, all the time.
Being able to lift weights can help you determine your LS, like many other feats...
Lifting strength in this wiki is determined by how much force a character can produce and withstand, a regular human generates more force than 50 KG just by existing, see that in the Lifting Strength page it doesn't say "mass" but rather "force", and force more or less correlates to how much you can lift, even though it's not direct.

At this point you are just being ignorant
We literally talk about "Lifting Strength", the amount of mass a character can lift.
"Lifting Strength measures the amount of mass they can lift, which is determined by the amount of force a character can produce"

VSBW is talking about what kind of LS?
The one where you use your whole body to be able to lift an object that is above your head? Or that of being able to lift weights with just the strength of your arms, like in the bench press? I'm confused lol

Lifting strength in this wiki is determined by how much force a character can produce and withstand, a regular human generates more force than 50 KG just by existing, see that in the Lifting Strength page it doesn't say "mass" but rather "force", and force more or less correlates to how much you can lift, even though it's not direct.
So they're just talking about body weight?

So they're just talking about body weight?
How much force you can generate, body weight is acceptable for that, because you can for example, run, swim, jump easily with that weight, which generates more force, these guys can probably do a lot of running, and swinging of swords an armor, which generates much more force, which probably scales, altough not exactly to how much they can lift/push etc. This lifting strength would prove useful in situations where an opponent tries to grab or choke them, for example.

Back