• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
RebubleUselet said:
Ogbunabali said:
Wait. If Mundus can remove the "names", depending on what that entails exactly, wouldn't that be Information Manipulation at worst, and Conceptual Manipulation at best?
Again, Conceptual Manipulation applies to these two verses I brought up, and their case seems to be similar to what we have.
Where is the name remove feat or statement link?

I don't think so, since it's implied that only Sparda can do it, and he only did it to seal the Demon World.

I think all the bosses sparda sealed world have resistance to it as he didn't take away their names

Also mundus would have resistance to sealing as he broke out of sparda's seal but it did take him 1980 years to do so

I think Vergil should get it since he was the one that gave their names back, Dante should have it via scaling, but I don't know how I feel about it since he never displayed it.

He asked Dante to do it, but it was Vergil that did it, that's why I only think Vergil should get Conceptual based on the names.

If he did ask Dante to do it that would show he could actually do it if he wanted to plus Arkham states that Dante and Vergil have the same powers as sparda

Sparda 20000000 said:
If he did ask Dante to do it that would show he could actually do it if he wanted to plus Arkham states that Dante and Vergil have the same powers as sparda
I think this thought make sense

I mean via scaling from Vergil he should have it, I get that. Although I'm hesitant since he never displayed anything like that, "possible" would be fine I guess.

Not sure if it's been brought up before or if it's worth bringing up, but do we want to take into account the fact that Dante says Vergil is the only person he knows (aside from himself) who could defeat Trish and Lady?

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
Not sure if it's been brought up before or if it's worth bringing up, but do we want to take into account the fact that Dante says Vergil is the only person he knows (aside from himself) who could defeat Trish and Lady?
Are Trish and Lady stronger than Mundus and Argosax?

@Camilopezo Well Mundus and Argosax are dead so that's kind of a moot point.

@Dienomite They were in their first appearances, but lots of time has passed since then and everyone seems to have gotten stronger in the meantime

@Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97

True but it's too hard to determine by how much and we can't assume them to have grown as strong as Mundus or Argosax considering the large gap between them, especially in Lady's case.

I don't think they'd be as strong as Mundus, but there are a few pieces of evidence that they're far stronger than before.

1. Dante states that Vergil is the only other person he knows who could beat them. While logically this would also include Mundus and Argosax, Dante has no reason to mention them because they're dead, while he has reason to believe that Vergil is alive, so I think this statement is valid.

2. Dante has several lines to Trish while fighting Cavaliere Angelo that heavily indicate that the Angelo is fighting with her power, and is on her level. He's confident that he can beat her, but fighting her still scares him.

3. Nico says that Lady does nothing but kill demons in her spare time, which would be reason to assume some improvement. She also says that Lady is the best demon killer she knows at the time (which would include Nero but not Dante)

Dienomite22 and Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97,

Haha, I honestly forgot this thread was still active! But to answer you guys question about how strong Trish is.....

She has sparda's sword.

Urizen was the only character so far that made a joke of the weapon, so with that said, she should be comparable or stronger than mundus and argosax.

Hmm I don't know, I think it's far too presumptious to say Trish is that strong, that would be saying Cavaliere is Sparda level, she as strong as the Savior and she is as strong as DMC2 Dante.I don't buy that but then again this is a series where more heart = more strength so idk, need to see more discussion on it.

Dienomite22

Just her with the sword. If it was her alone, she should be lesser demon level physically.

Trish? Let's not forget Nero came out of the woodwork, gets treated like fodder in his debut game, and randomly becomes stronger than Mundus in DMC5.

Callsign Castle,

Yeah, the guy also cut Urizen hand in his base form, while Dante couldn't even get past Urizen barrier in devil trigger. However, I feel they forced a Nero power just so they can replace Dante and have Nero the main character for the new, younger audience. :(

Well, considering how much of a powerup waking up to justice is, I think it makes sense that Nero's abilities spiked so much.

Him cutting Urizen's hand was probably determination-induced PIS

Trish has only done is to defeat fodder demons and harm a distracted Dante (Base form, 7-B), why people consider she a High Tier?

Because of the lines mentioned above and the fact that she's strong enough to wield Sparda, and she and Lady are presented as peers among the DMC Crew

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
Because of the lines mentioned above and the fact that she's strong enough to wield Sparda, and she and Lady are presented as peers among the DMC Crew
Trish has never shown anything that put her above the Mundus generals, and less at the Argosax, Savior and Abigail level.

Until she has better feats, she should not be considered a 7-A.(The tier where guys like Argosax, The savior and Abigail are located.)

Also why is Nero listed as being Tier 6 throughout all of 5?

Devil Trigger, sure, but I don't think he should be that level for the whole game

It's probably due to the lack of consensus on Pre-DT Nero's tier at the moment.

Btw, if we get any feats from V's familiars in the manga, Nero would likely scale, as Gilgamesh was too much for V to handle according to himself, while Nero beats it.

Since the manga establishes that DMC1 Nightmare is the same Nightmare in DMC5, shouldn't DMC5 pre-Nero be vastly stronger than DMC4 Nero and scaled to be superior to Mundus's generals? And there is even an implication of V and his familars defeating Phantom.Also I've noticed the profiles don't state "higher with DT/SDT/Hearts" on the AP,DB and speed ratings, is that intentional?

Back