• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VeneficaAuthor's 7-A/High 7-A Tourney (16/16 spots)

Btw everyone, although it isn’t listed in the bracket, there WILL be a third place match, so that’s something to look forward to!

Btw everyone, although it isn’t listed in the bracket, there WILL be a third place match, so that’s something to look forward to!
Third place is technically uninformative in 16-member tourneys, as the 3# and 4# strongest usually get stuck in round 1/2, failing to advance into the semifinals due to meeting 1# or 2# tourney strongest early on. I saw this and personally experienced more times than I can remember.

I Still have a chance yeye
You don't, as Axlven got stuck just before the semifinals. Seriously, the third place should give a chance even to those not making it into the semifinals due to unlucky matching. Wonder how that could be done.

A losers round was fair matches?
Making a sub-tourney for third place from matches lost does seem highly interesting, given that participants seem comparable in strength.

Its format can be seen in this incomplete bracket of low 7-B tourney

Basically "the later you lost, the more chance you have for a third match", but even those losing at round 1 are given a chance 👀

Making a sub-tourney for third place from matches lost does seem highly interesting, given that participants seem comparable in strength.

Its format can be seen in this incomplete bracket of low 7-B tourney

Basically "the later you lost, the more chance you have for a third match", but even those losing at round 1 are given a chance 👀
This is just a perfect idea, I will make this happen!

Bracket changed to have a losers bracket
Perfect! I love how you matched Rotten Sewage and Elder Centipede, given that you wanted to realize that match in the future. If Spagm and Accel won't meet there (both in different halves), might do the match after the tourney out of curiosity. Also, given that Spagm still can fight, could my Challonge account be linked to him?

Also, apologies if this is inconvenient, but i decided to read chapter 7 again to sort out the haruka confusion, and found an ability i'm pretty sure i didn't list on haruka's profile that i forgor about. It's shown here, along with a brief skill feat. Am i allowed to add this, or should i wait for the tourney to finish?

Also, apologies if this is inconvenient, but i decided to read chapter 7 again to sort out the haruka confusion, and found an ability i'm pretty sure i didn't list on haruka's profile that i forgor about. It's shown here, along with a brief skill feat. Am i allowed to add this, or should i wait for the tourney to finish?
Million streaks?

It’s only legal if Haruka is not High 7-A
It’s obviously a danmaku, but limited to the hundreds shouldn’t be too much of a problem. As I said, that type of danmaku is permitted but only at 7-A AP. But also, are there any extra effects the attack does upon hit? Like paralysis or anything like that? If so it might not be tourney legal

Bruh -_- She isn't, the crater feat COMBINED was High 7-A, but the damage was split between her and shizu, so i divided the result by 2 to get 585 megatons, which makes her 7-A (y)
Yeah but Asuna apparently can stay amp to High 7-A, what about her then?

It’s obviously a danmaku, but limited to the hundreds shouldn’t be too much of a problem. As I said, that type of danmaku is permitted but only at 7-A AP. But also, are there any extra effects the attack does upon hit? Like paralysis or anything like that? If so it might not be tourney legal
Yes, it does and has (Chapter 3) But haruka can't use thunder magic, that scan is taken from shizu's perspective (Who isnt in the tourney). Haruka just dodged it.

Yeah but Asuna apparently can stay amp to High 7-A, what about her then?
Ohhhhh okay

Well, i will say it's a bit inconsistent (Sometimes it does paralyze, sometimes it doesn't) So i think it would be safer to proceed under the assumption it just doesn't if it isn't tourney legal (Which is why i said it has paralyzed before, but not consistently)

Or maybe my memory is just funni and i didn't put anything to do with paralyzation there at all, since i've forgotten stuff like that before. i'll look through the chapters one sec

Ohhhhh okay

Well, i will say it's a bit inconsistent (Sometimes it does paralyze, sometimes it doesn't) So i think it would be safer to proceed under the assumption it just doesn't if it isn't tourney legal (Which is why i said it has paralyzed before, but not consistently)
As long as it doesn’t paralyze I don’t have any big problem with it

Bacc and ready to attacc

Ok, after speed-reading through chapter 3 again, there was nothing said about shizu paralyzing kedrons clones, she just sliced and diced em. (Would take too long to send a screenie, but im very sure there is nothing to do with paralyzation in there) I think it might still do that against opponents that can be short-circuited or just are weak to it in general, but yeah, i don't know what i was on when i gave asuna paralysis inducement on top of lightning manip

Mb lol

Bacc and ready to attacc

Ok, after speed-reading through chapter 3 again, there was nothing said about shizu paralyzing kedrons clones, she just sliced and diced em. (Would take too long to send a screenie, but im very sure there is nothing to do with paralyzation in there) I think it might still do that against opponents that can be short-circuited or just are weak to it in general, but yeah, i don't know what i was on when i gave asuna paralysis inducement on top of lightning manip

Mb lol
That’s alright lol

Next time a tourney is held though, please make sure whoever you enter is totally up to date and explained so we don’t have stretches like these

That’s alright lol

Next time a tourney is held though, please make sure whoever you enter is totally up to date and explained so we don’t have stretches like these
All my pages are super big, but i should probably keep a closer eye on myself if that's the case lol (You did say unfinished profiles were allowed tho, as long as they had all the basics in haruka's case) So i'll remove paralysis inducement from asuna when i get the chance

Anyways, am i allowed to add the ability shown in the scan?

I’m not very experienced with tourney running, what are the opinions on when losers rounds should begin? We’re about to hit semis on the main bracket and I don’t want the one in the finals waiting forever for losers rounds to finish

I’m not very experienced with tourney running, what are the opinions on when losers rounds should begin? We’re about to hit semis on the main bracket and I don’t want the one in the finals waiting forever for losers rounds to finish
I would combine the loser's rounds with semifinals, doing one and one of each. I can help with the loser's rounds creation

Back