• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vegeta Fights Another Energy Absorber

Lord Tirek vs SSJ2 Vegeta.

Both 4-B with Vegeta a SSJ2 and Tirek post-canterlot.

Bloodlust on

Speed Equalized

Takes place in the World of Void Arena

Starts off 10 meters apart

Win via any means

Vegeta:

Lord Tirek:

I'm guessing you mean early Android Saga Vegeta and Post-Canterlot Tirek. In that case, I think Vegeta would just barely take it. He just has too much skill. Tirek might have superior AP, as Vegeta is just vaguely above a Low 4-C, and if Tirek can absorb, he'll win. If it's Post-Mane 6 or Post-Discord, I think Tirek will take it. At that point, the AP diff would be too big.

GokuSparkle said:
I'm guessing you mean early Android Saga Vegeta and Post-Canterlot Tirek. In that case, I think Vegeta would just barely take it. He just has too much skill. Tirek might have superior AP, as Vegeta is just vaguely above a Low 4-C, and if Tirek can absorb, he'll win. If it's Post-Mane 6 or Post-Discord, I think Tirek will take it. At that point, the AP diff would be too big.
Both sides are bloodlusted which means you can argue Tirek would use any ability in his arsenal to win if it works.

I'd go Tirek, mid-high difficulty. Without something like Instant Transmission and the like Vegeta doesn't have an easy get out of jail free card for if Tirek is able to grab him and suck his life force away. Even if Vegeta is able to get some hits in, Tirek I believe has the overall AP advantage even if they are the same tier, so he should be able to take it before putting his techniques to good use.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if just skill would be enough for Vegeta to take this. Tirek is well above someone who is easily 4-C, while Vegeta stomped a Low 4-C. And the Low 4-Cs in MLP, like Twilight, Starswirl, and Starlight, would probably get stomped harder than Android 19 did by Tirek. Plus, he does have absorption, and that would definitely be an advantage.

I think the battle would start with Tirek using a huge blast. Vegeta would dodge, and try hitting Tirek a bunch. This would damage him a bit, and this process would continue for a little while longer, until Tirek got frustrated and grabbed Vegeta in his talekinesis. Tirek would then drain all of Vegeta's energy, brining him down to Base. Then Tirek would use a blast to incinerate the fallen prince.

So it's Buu Saga Vegesa, not Android Saga. Anyways, let's look at the scaling. Vegeta is vaguely superior to someone who is somewhat stronger than someone who is 1 kilofoe. Tirek is probably significantly stronger than a character who is casually 4 kilofoe. There are arguments to be made in Vegeta's favor, but I think it makes more sense for Tirek to take this handily. Post-Appleloosa seems fairer IMO.

I think Post-Canterlot Tirek wins pretty easily, and Post-Appleloosa Tirek would just barely lose, because he'd only be like 1.5x stronger than Vegeta, and at that point, the skill difference would give Vegeta the win.

GokuSparkle said:
So it's Buu Saga Vegesa, not Android Saga. Anyways, let's look at the scaling. Vegeta is vaguely superior to someone who is somewhat stronger than someone who is 1 kilofoe. Tirek is probably significantly stronger than a character who is casually 4 kilofoe. There are arguments to be made in Vegeta's favor, but I think it makes more sense for Tirek to take this handily. Post-Appleloosa seems fairer IMO.
I think Post-Canterlot Tirek wins pretty easily, and Post-Appleloosa Tirek would just barely lose, because he'd only be like 1.5x stronger than Vegeta, and at that point, the skill difference would give Vegeta the win.
Even post Appleloosa can arguably win. This is bloodlust, so he;ll just hold down Vegeta with his telekinesis and drain him (it's also rather in character to do).

Why would Vegeta let him do that? The speed is equalized, so it's unlikely for Tirek to get Vegeta into a situation where he can drain. And even if he got caught, Vegeta would probably just attack Tirek until he let go. Like I said, the strength difference would be small enough that Vegeta could significantly damage Tirek with a few strong blows. Also, if you think even that Tirek could win, shouldn't you use him?

Vegeta has not displayed any resistances to being held down with telekinesis in this state, especially by someone nearly twice his strength and it's not exactly something that takes Tirek a lot of time to do. It's not going to be Vegeta floating in the air able to do what he wants, it's going to be him having his limbs restrained. Furthermore, Tirek is typically portrayed as a tank against comparable opponents. If multiple hits from a relative equal couldn't phase him much, then hits from someone weaker than him would probably do less.

I mean, technically, Tirek could've been stronger than Twilight in that fight. And I feel like Vegeta could probably do something similar to what Broly did against God Goku's ura, as in powering up his aura to break free. I think it's close, but anyways, this is all irrelevant, as Post-Canterlot Tirek is being used, and he would honestly pillar style stomp Vegeta.

And what is going to cause that rage? He's bloodlusted. That means he'll do anything to win. That doesn't mean he can randomly power up via rage. Rage isn't just something that can be turned on like a superpower. He needs to actually feel rage for that to happen. He's probably not going to feel rage just for getting picked up. Now if he gets picked up he might just try going for a self destruct which Tirek may or may not be able to shield against considering it did considerable damage to Buu. Buu should technically be twice as strong as Celestia's feat since Gohan overpowered Cell at half power, and SSJ3 or reportedly 4x stronger.

If bloodlusted means the characters will win no matter what, even if it causes their own death, I think Vegeta would definitely kill Post-Appleloosa Tirek with the final explosion. I'm not sure About Post-Canterlot though. But I still think Tirek could probably just be able to tank it. His durability should be over 12 kilofoe afterall. And it'd be a stretch to say the final explosion is more than 10x stronger than the fatherson kamehameha.

Necroing for interest, though I don't know why this thread assumes Tirek can drain Vegeta, who doesn't use magic. Still, telekinesis and AP advantage should give him an upper hand.

PeaceOnTheRise said:
Necroing for interest, though I don't know why this thread assumes Tirek can drain Vegeta, who doesn't use magic.
Yeah, I'd like to know this as well. Magic is something totally different from Ki in DB IIRC.

PeaceOnTheRise said:
Necroing for interest, though I don't know why this thread assumes Tirek can drain Vegeta, who doesn't use magic. Still, telekinesis and AP advantage should give him an upper hand.
Magic is stated to be life force, and has multiple feats of functioning very similarly to it.

@C2 of Omegon Magic in MLP is not Dragonball magic.

Goku got out of frieza's paralysis. Vegeta should also be able to since he is a saiyan and is already way stronger than Namek saga Goku.

Iisdude1 said:
Goku got out of frieza's paralysis. Vegeta should also be able to since he is a saiyan and is already way stronger than Namek saga Goku.
Paralysis in MLP works by telekinetically holding the target down. Tirek is comparable to someone with telekinesis strong enough to ragdoll the Sun at MFTL+ speeds. If we use recent twitter statements, then Celestia has control over not only the Sun, but also most; if not every star in the night sky. Vegeta is not breaking out of that,

I am really hesitant to equate MLP Magic to Ki.

Especially since Ki isn't technically Life Force in Dragon Ball verse as we know it; Ki in DB is made of Vigor, Courage, and the Mind. As far as we know, this simply isn't a thing in MLP.

Furthermore, Magical Plants and such are actual things in MLP while such a thing in DB is unprecedented and unsupported. You don't ever see a tree with a power level of 1 million or something.

Frieza was still way stronger than Goku when he broke out. I was saying the LS would not matter not because he has the ap advantage.

Lightbuster30 said:
Don't they literally die if they use too much of it? And isn't it directly translated to life force?
Ki, the Chinese/Japanese Character, is translated into "Life Force". It doesn't mean what makes it up is the same.

And uh- If you're literally throwing your mind and fighting power at the enemy, no duh you'd die if you use too much of it.

Much like how you'd die if you're a Blood Manipulator and you use your blood as bullets. Doesn't mean it's lifeforce either.

Iisdude1 said:
Frieza was still way stronger than Goku when he broke out. I was saying the LS would not matter not because he has the ap advantage.
First: Did he really? The translations I read says he escaped the instant the ball exploded and outsped the blast. Of course he'd be able to escape if the deathball is expanding outwards instead of having it's energy compressed onto him

Second: Your ability to break out of being held down is limited by your lifting strength according to this site. It doesn't matter if Goku broke out of telekinesis more powerful than him, he still isn't breaking free of telekinesis comparable to someone who controls the stars.

Third: Both Goku and Frieza were said to be holding back at that time. I can easily argue Goku just held back a little less of his power to escape.

I can't remember the scene, the profile says he escaped last minute.

He's not Using his lifting strength when he powers up, he's just sort of, breaking the telekinesis.

Frieza was holding back a lot more than Goku.

What I read in the manga states he escaped the instant the ball exploded.

And how is he supposed to power up? He's at full power here.

That really doesn't change my point. Freiza was still holding back enough for Goku to break free. Even two chapters later the two of them are still holding back a lot and in chapter 311 Goku is still putting up a fairly good fight. Your point only matters if Freiza was stronger than Goku to the point of being utter stompworthy, which didn't happen until 312 where he went 50%. Before that point; when both were holding back, Goku was able to put up a fight. It doesn't matter if Frieza held back more than Goku, he still wasn't utterly stomping him, and neither were anywhere near their full power at the time of Frieza's Death Ball.

He can still let out his energy which would affect the telekinesis.

Goku performed the feat when he wasn't even 4-B.

Back