• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
Battlefield 6
Because it was requested on this thread, today we have (World of Myths) white-jacket revolutionary taking on a (Full Power) refugee owlma.
The set-up is simple: as night falls, each finds themselves in the misty mountainous forest pictured; each are also informed that, if they ever seek to leave this place, they must neutralize the only other sapient being in the forest, their opponent... otherwise, Standard Battle Assumptions (that is, a starting distance of four kilometers, in-character but willing to kill if it comes down to it, etc.) and Speed Equalized are in play as usual.

Is our Consortium wanderer looking at a hat trick, here, or can the shadow-bending hybrid triumph where Yukon could not? (Supposedly he's more powerful from what I can see, so that should help probably.) State your reasoning clearly, be civil, you all know how this works, etc.

Actually Iandva was made to be evenly matched with Yukon, with Yukon beating him in my story, using one of his opponent weaknesses

Hmmmm I'm questioning on whether Iandva's enhanced senses are gonna counter Valev's extrasensory perception. I mean Iandva does have the ranged advantage with his darkness.

Also I think it would be better to put the explanation of how characters powers and abilities would work in "Noteable Attacks/Techniqunies" so that I know their number of powers and abilities isn't quite the wall of text that I think it is. And I feel like it just makes that section look a little more organised. But that last part might just be me.

So, first off, stealth is close to a lost cause vs Valev. Sneaking around is Valev's bread & butter, and he has plenty of experience on it. His very first job after the destruction of his home realm was as a sniper in a realm of incredibly powerful magical entities, and that was before his time magic and senses were fully developed. At this point and time, Valev's illusions and senses are very likely to turn Iandva's tactics on him; for example, Iandva could go in for an attack, only to be attacking nothing and running into an ambush of the invisible.

AP is just about the same, since both are nearly the same. However, Kiri can screw with durability and greatly increase Valev's damage output.

Speed is where things get bad for Iandva. Valev's amp is quite strong, and Iandva doesn't have a whole lot to compensate for the gap. It seems Iandva has some statistic amplification, but it says he only has 'a little'.

Let's quickly go over Iandva's stuff, now. Darkness Manipulation is strong, but it's not haxy in many ways that would really stifle Valev. Stealth is rather hard countered by Valev's unnatural stealth and Extrasensory Perception, allowing him to see the invisible. Flight is potent here, and could keep him away from Valev's swarms of attacks, but it's not something impossible for Valev to overcome. Non-Physical Interaction in Valev's favor really does hurt Intangibility, too. Energy and Ice Manipulation grant Iandva a bit more versatility. Possession is where Iandva has a bit more of an advantage; Anamnesis isn't really something that can completely no-sell magical, shadow-based possession, although it could help give some power over his body. Granted, this advantage isn't an instant win, since once Valev figures it out he can use light to remove his shadow. I'm not really sure how Iandva's Dura Negation works and how potent it is. Paralysis is countered by Anamnesis.

Overall, Possession seems to be Iandva's best bet, but that's just temporary. What else does Iandva have here, since I'm really not sure that Iandva could take on the Valev Swarm by my analysis. Iandva's weaknesses put him as an aggressive, yet somewhat predictable fighter, which could easily be the end of Iandva if Valev's intelligence kicks in and he sets a trap.

Since Pixel got mad a me for not doing so I'll state it now. I'll just make my conclude without looking at any of the arguments for now (so for my initial argument, it will purely be my own opinion uninfluenced by any argument for now)

Actually I just read Pixels thing. How would he get over flight exactly? You say it isn't insormountable without much afterwards, so how exactly would he do so? And I assume he has a way to detect other beings in the darkness? I doubt he would be as predictable as you say he is, plus how exactly would he just "make a trap"? What would that trap consistent of?

Wait a sec. I just realized that Valev kinda just... Stomps here.

Fire is the owl's weakness. All Valev has to do is detect him once and spam the hell out of time stop before annhilating Owlman with massive amounts of flames via his clones. Stompuuu. I don't think there's anything owlman can do. If it wasn't for nonphysical interaction, I'm sure Owl could pull the win.

And then I realize that he can do something. Which is go long range. If I recall Valev prefers close range best, and with the darkness and flight on his side, I think he can just long range spam to victory, but if Valev even detects him, which is like a given, time stop into ridiculous speed amp into cloned flame gg

While he could not fly in World of Myths, he has shown to maneuver the air well with blasts of fire and high jumps.

The profile itself says it, not me.

Invisible Valev clones, or really just about anything Valev can think of to jump on and trap an aggressive and decently predictable opponent.

Okay. Now INVISIBLE clones are a thing. This just... Makes the stomp overboard. If I recall though, it's when he's aggressive he is predictable, but he seems to be a long range fighter apparently, so Valev would have to be the aggresser.

But as I said. Stomp for Valev, he essentially has an OHKO in time stop that not many can deal with and if for some reason they have a way to resist it, he also has an OHKO from speed amp which apparently no one can deal with, and if that doesn't work he has an OHKO with Invisible Clones, all of which will just stack on damage with Kiri debuffs which will essentially be a OHKO given the numbers, and if that doesn't work he has OHKO EE Flames. Aname helps resist a ton of good stuff and Destruction Magic can just go through anything that one can do aganist an attack from him anyway. Valev just has so many ways to fight. I may be overexaggerating the OHKO part, but it always protrayed to be that way from what I've seen. Even if it isn't and I'm just really overexaggerating unknowingly, it doesn't take away from the fact that Valev has so many ways to take down an enemy.

It does say he's aggressive on the profile. One think's worth noting that the illusions for things such as invisibility take time to cast and can be broken simply if the opponent enters them. So, clones would have decently restricted mobility to properly remain invisible.

Basically, the illusions are resourceful but not perfect.

Everything else you have said is a hyperbole, as you admitted.

I really don't get the argument here. It's hard to say selective intangibility can turn a match from a literal stomp into a win, especially in a non 9-B fight. Plus, OHKO is being tossed out a helluva lot more than it should.

Okay, so it was a hyperbole. I guess that the fact that they all stack gives off that impression for me that they just instantly kill and that Destruction Magic just... goes through all things.

There is no argument since intang is bypassed anyways. Stomp.

Prior Knowledge would make this more fair.

Though Possession makes this not a stomp as it is.

I doubt that compares to the insane amounts of ways Valev can instantly body him. He won't even get the chance to do so with Valev's speed amp

With Prior Knowledge, he will likely stay at a distance and not fall into silly traps, abusing range like you said would be his best strategy.

Prior knowledge wouldn't just hand this to Dark Bird, but it would prevent them from waltzing into death.

On Iandva weaknesses i said he can be agressive too but it makes him predictable, he is mostly the one that plays more defensively and waits for moments to counter

Invisibility makes him unable to be detected even by the best visions ever, he cant be spotted in the dark at all regardless of how good of a vision you have

His possession isnt magical at all, its something naturally from him, the only characters to be the closest in something magical are Celestia and Kallik since they are half mithycal beings

Due to his capability of interaction with intangible or non corporeal things, he can hurt someone by attacking their shadow, the damage will carry on to the opponent based on what he does to the shadow, regardless on how powerful one is, ignoring durability

Ah, my bad. I misunderstood. That helps a lot here.

NLF. Also, Extrasensory Perception.

So how does it work?

About how much damage would this be?

Ok

Not NLF, you just cant see him with your vision no matter how good you can see, those that faced Iandva also had great vision in the dark, but that didnt help at all, they relied on other senses to deal against it

I explained on his profile how possession is done

Depends on what he does, if he is going to slice the head from the victim shadow, he decapitates the opponent too based on the action done to his shadow

Oh, you said vision, not sense, mb. Well, yea, Invisibility tends to not make you visible, yes. Extrasensory Perception would let Valev do just find, though, since he was able to see a fully invisible T simply by looking into his soul.

I didn't know it wasn't magical at all by reading the profile, I may of skimmed over it. Could you sum it up?

That's going to help, though there is 10 Valevs, and if he hits the original Valev will likely defy death, become invulnerable for a few seconds, and recover. Granted, he can't spam it, but it'll work 1-2 times.

(I mostly started it off without direct line of sight specifically because then it'd just devolve to "I shadow possession jutsu" first, or "I Za Warudo first", etc. This should hopefully render it more interesting than that?)

Ok with the soul seeing thing its another story

Its basically genetic their powers, they can do it cuz they were born with these things, just two characters in the series you could say to a degree it is magical, but much like everyone, they were born also with these

Even if he has invulnerability it wont help, he tries it on characters that have this too and they were harmed by this ability

Valev's Anamnesis would likely prevent Possession Jitsu from putting him down in an instant. Seeing as the possession isn't magical, I'd say that this is certain.

The Invulnerability is also Death Manipulation- temporarily, it prevents Valev's death, along with keeping his body together.

Although as the fight takes place in a forrest during night, that gives him the field advantage by a lot, has a whole place under the dark up to his use

(I mean, SBA by default assumes optimal conditions for a fighter if its conditional like that.)

If it's in a forest then, once Valev realizes the shadow thing is a problem, he'll just set the entire forest on fire and call it a day.

Especially in character. While his other magics were temporarily restricted in Issai, Valev resorted to just burning everything to the ground. And seeing someone take a stealthy, shadow approach to battle? Yea, in character.

I thought you said Ana didn't protect him from Posession

Also now Valev has multiple lives too. This boi never runs out of tricks

Ana didn't completely protect, but I also said it would assist against total posession.

How exactly is Valev going to realize it's his shadow? It's not like he'll just know after a few hits. Plus, the trees' shadows can cover his own, preventing such realization to happen. Unless of course, Valev had even more tricks I am unaware of

Darkness manipulation from a stealth opponent targetting one's shadow is a pretty decent indicator that your opponent is darkness-based.

It is. But how is he going to figure out that the owl is specifically targeting the shadow?

Either way, I still think this is a stomp

So it's either a stomp, or Iandva winning? Those are the two options?

Really just one. Which is stomp, I was trying to debate to see if landva even has a ghost of a chance, but with all the different ways Valev can get the win that STACK ontop of that, I don't think so. Plus, as you said, burn the whole Forest down and it's gg

Right. Well, I am completely unable to agree with you, as Darkness has convinced me otherwise.

Back