• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vaati upgrade

Just for the heck of it, despite me being against it, I will play devil's advocate and argue for it because I'm tired and need something to wake me up. What were the reasons for it being legit?

After Vaati loses his physical form and becomes Vaatis Wrath he challenges Link to one last battle, then Link is suddenly on a large platform (With the stars and nebulae in the background) with Zelda being nowhere to be seen despite being right next to Link seconds prior.

Worth noting that the platform Link fights Vaati on is also larger than the room he and Zelda were just in before the fight.

I don't really see why this should be an illusion. Pocket dimension are frequent for boss like this in TLOZ (Ex: Demise and Majora), and nothing suggests that it's an illusion.

And the "outlier" shouldn't only apply to him, "The Force" and Minish Cap Link?

The Wind Fish has a debatably 4-A feat as well, and OoT Link/Hero's Shade if we believe he created the Ghostly Ether.

Koholit stars being an illusion is pretty much confirmed in the game, no point in debating that.

And I've never noticed stars in Ghostly Ether, are you sure there are?

Pretty sure everything dream by Wind Fish isn't just an illusion.

I've never noticed stars too.

Also for consistency, the top tier is basically just a Triforce's scaling for everyone who are not Demise or Majora.

what?

FRA it isn't.

Zelda wasn't a part of this "Illusion", Vaati released some lightnign and Link appear in that realm or some shit. same like Agahnim pulled Link into dark world. you see a flash and bam you there.

Also yeah, the area was bigger and link can fall off ledges so it ain't an illusion bruh.

TriforcePower1 said:
Vaati did indeed BFR Link, what we're saying is that only the stars in his pocket dimension are illusions
That makes no sense at all, that sound like Zelda haters comin to shit in the verse.

Why the **** would he BFR him on a platform and make everything else an illusion, that makes no sense at all. That's liek saying he just half BFRed him

I mean...

The latter I'm almost positive is true.

The former Demise didn't actually create.

Honestly, I'd really rather we actually try to analyze this instead of going "Lol starry sky, 4-A".

The stars and nebulae in Vaatis dimension are likely not real since in Four Swords he also warps the clouds surrounding his temple into the same starry background implying its an illusion.

Demise should be downgrade in this case.

Pretty sure it's not the Vaati's dimension in Four Swords.

I mean, even if Vaati's feat was 4-A, which I don't think it is and I believe it's an effect, it's be an outlier.

I mean, coming from someone who thinks the Triforce is 3-A, if someone performs a feat well above the Triforce, then it shouldn't be legit.

Vaati's 4-A feat, if accepted, it's not going to be an outlier. The Light Force's power is unknown (we consider it comparable to a piece of the Triforce just to scale him), so it doesn't contradict anything, considering that the Triforce scales.

The Triforce would just be scale to Vaati's feat.

So it's still legit, like Majora's feat.

I talk about the High 4-C feat in my exemple, not the Termina's creation.

The real cal howard said:
I mean, coming from someone who thinks the Triforce is 3-A, if someone performs a feat well above the Triforce, then it shouldn't be legit.
Cal, the biggest feat the Triforce has is RWing the Dark World, but only the part that corrisponds to Hyrule. Basically a 6-B feat. The only reason the Triforce is that high is because of statements. So many that if you took a shot for every time it's said to be the strongest thing in-universe you'd die halfway ALTTP

TriforcePower1 said:
Cal, the biggest feat the Triforce has is RWing the Dark World, but only the part that corrisponds to Hyrule. Basically a 6-B feat. The only reason the Triforce is that high is because of statements. So many that if you took a shot for every time it's said to be the strongest thing in-universe you'd die halfway ALTTP
What's your source for it only warping a small part? They say that the Triforce turned the Sacred Realm into the Dark World to reflect Ganons heart, to the best of my knowledge they never say or even imply that it only warps the small part that corresponds to Hyrule.

Ganon used the TF on DW to turn it into what he wanted Hyrule to be. Ganon is still High 4-C because the TF CAN RW all of the DW, it just hasn't shown it.

I don't understand how Ganon creating his own twisted version of Hyrule somehow means that he only warped a country sized portion of the Dark World. Every statement regarding this just says that the Sacred Realm became the Dark World when Ganon claimed the Triforce or that the Sacred Realm will change depending on who claims the Triforce, not that he specifically only warped a country and only a very small portion of the Sacred Realm became the Dark World.

I also notice that Cal added spatial manipulation to Ganon saying that he only just found out about it even though I brought it up months ago. He will pay for this, I will make him suffer.

@Dust Collector

Yeah spatial manip comes from him creating a room with inverted movement in Oracle games right?

I'm pretty sure the 4-A Vaati feat was rejected, and actually, the High 4-C feats came from Demise and Majora's own feat. Though, I'm unsure if those feats were actually illusions or not. Ganondorf still has a legit High 5-A feat in Wind Waker that scales to a lot of characters. And as for the Triforce, we'll need more context about that being 3-A if it really is, but seems like a discussion for another thread.

@Unholy

I know what you're referring to and that's actually reality warping (Which reminds I gotta make a CRT to give Ganons weakened form several abilities), his spatial manipulation actually comes from The Wind Waker where he makes a room/maze that loops onto itself just like the Lost Woods.

@Dragon

Majoras High 4-C should be legit since unless said otherwise I think we assume realms with suns do contain a real sun, the Triforce can warp the Sacred Realm which at bare minimum contains a planet and a sun, but Demise doesn't actually have a High 4-C feat since he never actually created the demom realm himself. Oh and congrats on the promotion, the new colour suits you.

That's a NOA mistranslation, in the japanese version he says:

"Fine. I shall face you in place where no-one shall get in the way. If you really have such courage to go for it, then."

He never says or implies that he actually created the realm, just that he'll fight Link there.

Except the fact that Vaati can use illusions (even though they're on a far lower scale), and that he seemingly warped the clouds in FS, what's supporting Vaati's feat being an illusion?

Because the dispel animation is different from Vaati's illusions (poof and wave teleport thingy for Vaati, flash of light for the pocket dimension).

And iirc the only things that supports Vaati just warping the clouds is the fact that they move at the same speed, which is clearly just Capcom being lazy. Clouds have completely different forms and stars are also visible.

I'm tired of the whole TF thing, so I just want to debate something else just because yes.

That is a High 4-C feat now, which is consistent since he is 4-B. So, i will soon close this thread.

Back