• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Using Wind force to move large objects question

TheUnshakableOne

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Using W = Sqrt(195*Weight/Area) to find speed of the wind to move an object then after you have speed you can use the KE-equation.

From there you can get the joules

a character uses wind force to shake a mountain so violently it caused an earthquake throughout to a whole region

earthquake calc'ing should be fine yes, but that could be lowballing the feat (or, er maybe highballing?) I feel using wind speed equation with KE-equation might be more accurate.

my question is, does this sound like a valid way to calc this feat?

Edit:

if it helps i could post scans of the feat in question

Last edited:
Would probably only work if no air manipulation is used.

Would probably only work if no air manipulation is used.
the character i have in mind isn't manipulating air as in hax but it uses speed to create a sort of shockwave affect which "pushed a strong current of air" at the mountain

You want to use it on an entire mountain? Not sure if mountain isn't a bit too large to safely apply that.
I can just guess, but I would think any energy gain from this method beyond simple KE comes from the fact that the wind flows around the object and hence retains parts of its kinetic energy, which it doesn't transmit to the object.
Not sure if this would apply to a giant snow wall where the air would basically have to move a kilometer to the side to flow around 🤔

Kinda a weakness of vaguely explained formula like that. No idea whether they have theoretical basis that extends that far or if they are empirical rules of thumb that only apply for realistic cases.

You want to use it on an entire mountain? Not sure if mountain isn't a bit too large to safely apply that.
I can just guess, but I would think any energy gain from this method beyond simple KE comes from the fact that the wind flows around the object and hence retains parts of its kinetic energy, which it doesn't transmit to the object.
Not sure if this would apply to a giant snow wall where the air would basically have to move a kilometer to the side to flow around 🤔

Kinda a weakness of vaguely explained formula like that. No idea whether they have theoretical basis that extends that far or if they are empirical rules of thumb that only apply for realistic cases.
I'll look into it more once I'm home

But..

The character spins his hands around in a circleular motion at high velocities creating an air current and then he flings his arm forward which shoots the built up mass of high velocity air forward. Which slammed into mount Fuji creating an earthquake and causing Fuji to erupt and cave systems to collapse within it. The earthquake is felt around the whole Volcanic belt. The Earthquake is just a result of the collision of the mass of high velocity air hitting mount fuji.

Edit:

It's specifically stated he's doing it through speed and creating am air current by movement of his hands not air Manipulation

Last edited:
Back