• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrade on Majin Buu's tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be more consistent with some other dbs characters if skinny buu got an upgrade to tier 3-A. In fact, when Goku went to recruit him and he had trained, he was actually a good match with base goku which is universal in dbs, making then scalable from each other. Besides that, cabba is 3-A both in base and as a ssj for holding his own against vegeta in the universe 6 saga happens to be the same situation. What do you guys think about this upgrade?

I didnt know that it was already discussed. Maybe people changed their minds now, i believe its worth discussing at least.

We really don't need to remake already discussed subjects in case people "changed their mind" or something. I don't really see a point unless new arguments are brought up.

It was discussed numerous times to the point where it became a banned topic iirc.

Cabba being 3-A and Buu not being just doesnt make sense as both use the same logic to scale, this being both base goku and base vegeta.

To be fair, this specific detail wasn't brought up. (I think?).

Not that it matters. If ya can prove base Goku was going all out against skinny buu I'm for it, but only skinny buu and only if Goku was going all out.

The difference is that Vegeta actually needed to go SSJ to go toe to toe with Cabba's SSJ form. Buu didn't actually damage Goku, Goku was in base form, holding back a lot, and all Buu did was push him off the edge really. And the Basil feat was considered and outlier; additionally, Buu has of late been portrayed as another comedy relief underdog type character, kinda like how Tien is nowadays and what Krillin and Yamcha always were.

I just rewatched the Buu vs goku scene and Buu wasnt going all out either. And from what i remember, vegeta went ssj first then asked cabba to transform too, which he didnt know he could yet. Doubt a mastered ssj vegeta after absorbing a universal god form would need any significant power against a recently transformed ssj.

Vegeta stated that their normal forms were almost equal and the battle could go on for a long time. That's why Cabba is 3-A.

There is no confirmation that Goku was going all out against Buu. Scaling should be done very carefully whenever base Goku is involved because he can hold back to his opponent's level, otherwise everybody would be 3-A. So unless you can prove base Goku was going all out, Buu shouldn't get upgraded.

Buu not going all out is again irrelevant as we can't say who was holding back how much.

Thanks for the link dark, didnt know lots of these rules before. So, im fine with closing this then, i wont get anyore else from here because the show is really inconsistent and you guys have good points. Would be glad if you guys checked my janemba vs demigra versus thread too haha :).

I will close it, but it's likely that Super will try to upgrade everyone to 3-A in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back