• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Updating Pokemon Statistics

it was and it is this weird thing where a pulse comes from the pokemon.
Yet you see Earthquake being like a real one
57745b2ab9c35f1bfea6e177a9bc20748f7bd5cc_00.jpg

b1293c1b2e72a1706244ad92e5dba0cf2b1fa8a4_hq.jpg

Plus this proves how Earthquake isn't a pulse even in manga

Reading through this im suprised that people arent aware that unless its an absurdly high magnitude earthquake theres almost never any surface damage, it would basically have to be a magnitude 7 or higher to cause any severe damage to the surrounding area

It's not bullshit, this thing applies to all verses, not just Pokémon, which shouldn't be different. Withstanding a 8-A heat-based energy output doesn't mean you have 8-A durability, and the same is if you are hit by electricity or freezing and so on.

It's not bullshit, this thing applies to all verses, not just Pokémon, which shouldn't be different. Withstanding a 8-A heat-based energy output doesn't mean you have 8-A durability, and the same is if you are hit by electricity or freezing and so on.
Thing is that these powers are threated at the same way of Fighting, Steel or Normal moves which are regular "physical attacks", is more how the verse threats such more than anything.

I'm iffy, as that reasoning may be tainted by game mechanics and the force of the attack is calculated on the energy required to heat that big metal thing, it's not even the force of the blast itself.

I'm iffy, as that reasoning may be tainted by game mechanics and the force of the attack is calculated on the energy required to heat that big metal thing, it's not even the force of the blast itself.
Even the anime/manga do tho, like, I'm pretty sure Flametrower/Ember/Fire Blast aren't different from things as Hyper Beam or Focus Blast in attack nature.

Okay, just to comment on this one point, Piplup's feat here at this time actually should be representative of it's species since Piplup at the time did not obtain new levels of feats that puts it out of any ordinary Piplup's pay grade.

Whirlpool is a move that Dawn's Piplup learned very early into the D/P anime, while Dawn herself is still a rookie trainer and no where near as strong or as experienced as they both become later down the line. So while Piplup does eventually enter a class of it's own as a Piplup compared to any run of the mill one, it should be fine to use a feat that it does early on that can still be acceptable as something that is in reach of general Piplups, which would then be scaled to other mons.

I don't mind much on how the Tier 7 stuff will be dealt with, but I do have to disagree with this one small thing about Piplup. There's a difference between not scaling the species to a special mon and scaling them to their early versions when they are still not above average. And Piplup's whirlpool feat should be considered the latter.

After all, it's not like Ash's Pikachu started the series out as being > any other normal Pikachu, right? The same would go for any other Pokemon (up to an obvious point) as well.
Did anyone see this comment I made for Piplups feat btw?

Link doesnt work for me and im trying to see what feats or anti feats piplup have in prior episodes
Edit: FOund it on bulbapedia

It was able to work for me (barely but eh)

That episode is very early into D/P. Like, S1 of DP. Before even Battle Dimension.

So yeah, Piplup at this point should be 100% fine to use for scaling.

What are some anti feats that put them below 7-A
I was mostly joking, because defog has way too many problems and inconsistencies.

I'm still iffy on Piplup, but if we use it then we must make most first stages High 7-C, which at this point sounds more outlierish than else, at least to me.

i mean they do constantly fight 2nd stages and don't get disintegrated by 7-A final stages so it kinda makes sense for them to be on that tier

This is because every Pokémon can be stronger or weaker depending on the respective level of growth, train, age and the like, even among comparable ones.
This means that a strong first stage could compete with a weak or even an "average" second stage, and the same for second one with third.

The profiles should represent the maximum level a Pokémon can express, but it's still difficult and depends on the approach we want to follow, like based on consistency, the beast feats, scaling and so on, and the contradictions in the series are blatant, even looking at the last two pages of this thread.

i mean it is pokemon. A verse that vast with so many creatures and so many kids content it is gonna have inconsistencies. I still think piplup should at least scale to second evos and about the first ones...chose it yourself.

This is because every Pokémon can be stronger or weaker depending on the respective level of growth, train, age and the like, even among comparable ones.
This means that a strong first stage could compete with a weak or even an "average" second stage, and the same for second one with third.

The profiles should represent the maximum level a Pokémon can express, but it's still difficult and depends on the approach we want to follow, like based on consistency, the beast feats, scaling and so on, and the contradictions in the series are blatant, even looking at the last two pages of this thread.
If something has no anti feats, don't see why we can't use it. Has any first stage struggle to topple or destroy a mountain

A "Varies, X-Y to Z-W" could, perhaps, solve to problem, but I'm afraid the profiles may end being too chaotic.

and perhaps a varies would work. Most feats we have were not done by fully evolved or fully trained pokemon.

You know, since our statistics only apply to the strongest possible wild Pokèmon, shouldn't they be "Up to 7-A" or whatever we end up with? Makes it clear we don't consider the average chansey to be comparable to what's in our profile

btw with the new 3-C high 3-A upgrades and massively ftl+ possibly infinite speed addition, can anyone add the speed part to the creation trio avatars?

Back