• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ash Ketchum buff/fix

Ash Ketchum has been sitting at high 7-A for way too long. He has two keys one of which is his physical strength. Ash should be revised for the reason below.
-Ash's Pikachu is deep into high 7-A and tops at 4-B with z-move
-Ash has a Naganadel and a Melmetal both of whom are 4-B

What is the question in this case? It is
Should orb-absorbed pikachu (high 6-A) be added to Ash's roster?

I would like some input

EDIT: with the new upcoming upgrades 4-B will turn into 3-C , likely high 3-A

Last edited:
TBH Anime Leon should be 4-B based on the fact Pikachu's Z-Move was stalemate by Charizard's Flamethrower and the only way Pikachu scaled was through Gigantamax... But I digress I agree Ash with Z-Move should be Tier 4.

bruuuuuh ash hasn't used a z-move since alola. Leon's charizard scales to g-max which is high 7-A. Pikachu's 4-B comes from his 10000000 volt thunderbolt z-move which has been used only against 4-B characters, beating them both times.

the 4-Bs are probably about to become at least 3-C likely high 3-A, with at least MFTL+ likely infinite speed so id wait until thats over instead of having to change him a second time

Don't we have the scaling with Pikachu fighting Regice and Latios? We also have his Charizard and Articuno scaling.

this was considered an outlier as we also had sceptile beat darkrai in the same fight and other stuff along these lines. Meanwhile 10 000 000 volt thunderbolt has only been used against mother beast lusamine and tapu koko both of whom are 4-B and getting buffed, in which case it should logically scale. Technically Pikachu is the strongest electric type in the game for one shotting mother beast and overpowering the z-move of tapu koko.

darkrai is like 2-C 2-B so the darkrai feat with sceptile was clearly an outlier. Pikachu vs latios was in the same battle so we can assume it is an outlier as well. Charizard vs articuno was during battle forntier where bulbasaur, squirtle and pikachu fought against the regis which are high 6-A which would also be an outlier.

we need mods and or experienced members to accept this and then we need to add this. I tried doing that before but ant asked me to make a crt first so here i am waiting for people to comment.

I have a couple things about ash's profile I would like to have addressed but I'm waiting until the general pokemon revisions are done.

Back