• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Update Pit to Tier 3-A: Universe level

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a legit quote from the game itself:

"He's the man of mystery. He disappears without a trace. He's the amazing Captain Flare! He shoots comets from the space rift within his cape--the very same cape that contains the alternate universe Captain Flare likes to disappear into."

Captain Flare is just an casual enemy that Pit can defeat in the game.

There are more evidences to provide for Universe level:

Universe Level (Is capable of killing Palutena who governs over Angel which contains the Galactic Sea which hosts a Galaxy with several Constellations and celestial bodies in it, Should be superior to Captain Flare who encompasses an entire Universe within itself) | Universe Level (Is superior to Medusa as he has defeated her a number of times with The Three Sacred Treasure, defeated Hades who posed a threat to earth, The Heavens (Angel Land) and had governs over The Underworld which is 1/4th the size of Angel Land)

Universe Level (Can tank hits from both Palutena and Chaos Kin the first of which governs over Angel Land which contains the Galactic Sea which has several constellations with celestial bodies) | Universe Level (Can tank hits from both Medusa and Hades who are comparable to Palutena), The ability to convert damage to sponges, block out and reflect any attack (Sans Instant Death) and having numerous ways to render himself Intangible makes him harder to kill)

Universal (Can strike Palutena who governs over Angel Land and is implied to have split the realm into four pieces) | Universal (Obliterated Hades with a fully powered blast from the Sacred Treasure, Is also able to harm beings like Medusa who warped Angel Land into a dark realm)

I knew of this statement, just didn't take it as legit. Uh... I'll wait for more input. This would be consistent with (don't kill me) Smash, because he references KIU in Smash, and Smash in KIU.

Because it's never showed? Or because he is fodder while the top tiers never showed anything like this? Because flowery language?

What do you mean it's never shown? That's the direct description, and the proof of others showing things comparable and superior to that is in the OP.

Again, Dyntos casually created the area where Pit fought the Kraken, which possessed celestial bodies and galaxies.

I'm giving reasons why that and only that line from the game series is not enough evidence to give 3-A, well, not really reasons but obvious questions/points of why that isn't enough for 3-A.

Don't really care about the rest nor about this CRT, I just stumbled here and, like always, I'm just going to watch what happens.

Can you contest that it isn't? There's another statement of another enemy possessing a one dimensional universe, so enemies having universes within them is consistent.

Flowery language exist and fodder performing something that the top/god tiers of the verse aren't able to do is the definition of outlier.

But like I said, Imma just watch this.

Yeah, he's a fodder enemy and his cape having a starry sky design doesn't mean it literally contains a universe. Also, I'm pretty sure it was brought up before an rejected.

As much as I love KI, upgrading KI to universe level based on a statement about a fodder enemy then up-scaling the god tiers from that enemy is shaky at best, it the same reason we don't take statements at face value without solid context/feats supporting it.

The description quite literally says it contains a universe, and frequently travels between them. And no, only the stars in the galactic sea were brought up. Never this.

Oh boy, I knew this would get brought up eventually. As much as I'd love to have 3-A Kid Icarus Uprising, I don't think the feat is legit, it just seems way too inconsistent compared to everything else in the verse.

That would just be dimensional travel, not an AP or Tier feat. Kirby's stomach contains in alternate Universe, but he's not universal.

Medusa warping Angel Land is definitely pretty interesting to consider, but it has to be proven that Angel Land is an entire universe for it to be a universal feat.

None of the feats here have any proof of being universal, the best that has been legit demonstrated is 4-A.

What about the stuff with the galactic sea though? The justification says that Angel Land holds a galaxy with several constellations and celestial bodies, so 3-C is at least something to consider.

I'll like to see that galaxy level scan too (surprised something that major wasn't included in the KI upgrades awhile back).

If I'm not mistaken Clubberskull is considered one of the strongest and most deadly non-boss enemies in KIU (both in gameplay and lore) yet it's description is akin to that of a mountain buster, so why would Palutena actively warn Pit about Clubberskulls and even get worried when Pit fights one yet she doesn't say anything about Captain flare?.

I couldn't quite find anything for 3-C, the Galactic Sea is just described as an interstellar ocean that creates and holds constellations in the game.

Yeah, in that case; it sounds like it would just remain 4-A.

Then that's a solid 4-A (like what was agreed on already), let's keep away from potential head-canon shall we?, upgrading a character (potentially an entire franchise) to 3-A based on a statement about a fodder tier enemy (whose doesn't even get any unique dialogue descriptions from the gods or Pit), is beyond reaching imo!.

I honestly don't see anything else that needs to be discussed unless there's some obscure new information that hasn't come to light (which I doubt considering the extensive additions/upgrades KI has gotten over the months) but by all means surprise me!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back