• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upcoming Fandom system changes

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

Here are some recent or relatively recent Fandom blogs that detail soon-to-be wiki system changes that you all may wish to read to not get any unwelcome surprises later on.

Last edited:
Okay this
N8illBt.png

Looks nice

Some decent GUI changes from what I've been reading so far.
Community still seems like its gonna be an unmitigable mess, but who cares about that.

Would we make changes to our theme and logo when the new theme designer comes around?
Personally, I like the impartial simplistic look we have, but then again there's nothing wrong with at least gathering suggestions.

Last edited:
I much prefer our current layout, but if I remember correctly, our wiki manager, Ursuul, has offered to help us with designing a dark mode theme for the wiki, and I asked our image helpers to create a new wordmark image for us (the one in the upper left corner of other wikis).

I always find difficulty getting used to new looks whenever any sort of webpage makes a remodel like that, but it does look cool. Though, I agree that the more simplistic look feels more preferable.

Dark and Light modes should be possible to switch between, much like in this forum, yes.

Let's hope dark theme isn't jet black, otherwise, this seems cool, I like it.
I was on another forum where there were multiple Dark themes that used a combo of black with dark greys with deep blues, deep greens, even deep reds.

Given our current blue scheme, a combination of deep greys and deep blues makes sense.

Dark mode is for losers
I sometimes like it, sometimes don't. Depends on how it's done.

Am I the only one who wants a return of the old wiki activity layout and watched pages thing? I quite liked that and am bummed that it is gone.
You can suggest improvements directly to Fandom via Zendesk if you wish.

Liking how it looks! I'm surprised that the migration to the new forum is still impacting the platform after so much time...

Well, the move here was a side-effect of Fandom updating their software.

Somewhat related to the thread. I've noticed that ever since this change happened, all the profiles for whatever reason look like this while I'm on desktop:
unknown.png

How do I fix... this?

Well, the new theme certainly does look nice. However, the pages created before the theme was implemented, to my knowledge, no longer have any gaps between lines of texts, so one would have to manually re-add the line breaks. These are just first impressions, though, and the theme is still in its infancy, and as far as I'm aware.

You can customize the Theme, Content Width, and if you wanna hide the Bar on the Right.
You can also choose to go back to the old layout. However, you loose the customizations options if you do so.
You can change the Theme, Content Width and other things, by clicking on your profile picture and go to My Preferences and click on Appearance, as seen here:

Older and experienced users may already know this, this is just a Tip for the newer Users, in case they wonder how it works.

Well, the new theme certainly does look nice. However, the pages created before the theme was implemented, to my knowledge, no longer have any gaps between lines of texts, so one would have to manually re-add the line breaks. These are just first impressions, though, and the theme is still in its infancy, and as far as I'm aware.
Please elaborate regarding what you mean.

I have already sent quite a lot of input regarding required improvements to the Fandom staff, such as that the image galleries currently display too small images and our wiki navigation bar only allows 3 sections, unlike 4 as previously, and Ursuul, our wiki manager, has helped me to fix some issues as well, such as so the categories for each page are not automatically collapsed.

Okay. If you elaborate a bit more, I can explain the problem to Ursuul.

User blogs are incorrectly formatted. The Wiki pages themselves have been unaltered, but with blog posts, the line breaks that separate paragraphs of a character's summary or their individual stats are just removed entirely, meaning that all the text is clumped up together. The only fix to this, to my knowledge, is to revert to the Oasis theme.

Thank you for the explanation. I will mention this problem to the Fandom staff.

Back