• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact AKM sama if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.

Upcoming Fandom system changes

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Hello.

Here are some recent or relatively recent Fandom blogs that detail soon-to-be wiki system changes that you all may wish to read to not get any unwelcome surprises later on.

Last edited:

KingTempest

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Okay this
N8illBt.png

Looks nice

Some decent GUI changes from what I've been reading so far.
Community still seems like its gonna be an unmitigable mess, but who cares about that.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Consultant
Sysop
Would we make changes to our theme and logo when the new theme designer comes around?
Personally, I like the impartial simplistic look we have, but then again there's nothing wrong with at least gathering suggestions.

Last edited:

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I much prefer our current layout, but if I remember correctly, our wiki manager, Ursuul, has offered to help us with designing a dark mode theme for the wiki, and I asked our image helpers to create a new wordmark image for us (the one in the upper left corner of other wikis).

DarkDragonMedeus

The Sword and Shield of AKM Sama
VS Battles
Sysop
I always find difficulty getting used to new looks whenever any sort of webpage makes a remodel like that, but it does look cool. Though, I agree that the more simplistic look feels more preferable.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Dark and Light modes should be possible to switch between, much like in this forum, yes.

Soldier_Blue

VS Battles
Sysop
Let's hope dark theme isn't jet black, otherwise, this seems cool, I like it.
I was on another forum where there were multiple Dark themes that used a combo of black with dark greys with deep blues, deep greens, even deep reds.

Given our current blue scheme, a combination of deep greys and deep blues makes sense.

Dark mode is for losers
I sometimes like it, sometimes don't. Depends on how it's done.

Liking how it looks! I'm surprised that the migration to the new forum is still impacting the platform after so much time...

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Well, the move here was a side-effect of Fandom updating their software.

Somewhat related to the thread. I've noticed that ever since this change happened, all the profiles for whatever reason look like this while I'm on desktop:
unknown.png

How do I fix... this?

Well, the new theme certainly does look nice. However, the pages created before the theme was implemented, to my knowledge, no longer have any gaps between lines of texts, so one would have to manually re-add the line breaks. These are just first impressions, though, and the theme is still in its infancy, and as far as I'm aware.

You can customize the Theme, Content Width, and if you wanna hide the Bar on the Right.
You can also choose to go back to the old layout. However, you loose the customizations options if you do so.
You can change the Theme, Content Width and other things, by clicking on your profile picture and go to My Preferences and click on Appearance, as seen here:

Older and experienced users may already know this, this is just a Tip for the newer Users, in case they wonder how it works.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Well, the new theme certainly does look nice. However, the pages created before the theme was implemented, to my knowledge, no longer have any gaps between lines of texts, so one would have to manually re-add the line breaks. These are just first impressions, though, and the theme is still in its infancy, and as far as I'm aware.
Please elaborate regarding what you mean.

I have already sent quite a lot of input regarding required improvements to the Fandom staff, such as that the image galleries currently display too small images and our wiki navigation bar only allows 3 sections, unlike 4 as previously, and Ursuul, our wiki manager, has helped me to fix some issues as well, such as so the categories for each page are not automatically collapsed.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Okay. If you elaborate a bit more, I can explain the problem to Ursuul.

User blogs are incorrectly formatted. The Wiki pages themselves have been unaltered, but with blog posts, the line breaks that separate paragraphs of a character's summary or their individual stats are just removed entirely, meaning that all the text is clumped up together. The only fix to this, to my knowledge, is to revert to the Oasis theme.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Thank you for the explanation. I will mention this problem to the Fandom staff.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Thank you for the information. I will tell Ursuul.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
No problem. There are so many different things to do for me today that I am feeling dizzy and have a hard time to think straight. The ADHD doesn't help in situations like this.

Well this is interesting. Tried it out for a bit, didn't like it right off the bat. Right now feels like a really awful time for me to try to adapt to a new site layout, so I set it back to the old site for now.

Will the old site format remain an option forever, or will Fandom be getting rid of it at a certain point?

Well this is interesting. Tried it out for a bit, didn't like it right off the bat. Right now feels like a really awful time for me to try to adapt to a new site layout, so I set it back to the old site for now.

Will the old site format remain an option forever, or will Fandom be getting rid of it at a certain point?
How do you set it back to the old site?

Personally I think, change is good. It sure needs time to correct things but I think in the end will benefit the wiki.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
As far as I have understood, this is just a trial run during which Fandom collects relevant bug reports from myself and others who use their Zendesk contact function, so they can correct all of the errors until the true launch in a few months. Until then, you can use the old layout as well, as Colton described above.

I have noticed and reported quite a lot of problems that they will try to fix already, and also helped to adjust the colour themes back to normal for both the VS Battles and Tenchi Muyo wikis.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Sysop
Human Resources
New change seems to be in effect now, i switched back to the old site, but now it's on the new one.

It does look better now, image galleries aren't small anymore, and the categories display trending pages.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Fandom is working on some sort of solution for the image galleries, but I do not know what it will be yet. I hope that they will allow our old code to work though. I have repeatedly told them that it is extremely important.

DemonGodMitchAubin

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
I wouldn't be so upset with the new look, but the galleries and tabbers are so bad

I don't know if there's anyway to fix that, but the new look needs to have a way to put all galleries under the same size, having the same position, and all that

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
The tabbers are somewhat acceptable in my opinion, but the galleries are very bad, yes.

If you detail the problems with the tabbers, I can mention it to Fandom though.

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
Are there any shortcuts to our wiki profiles? I cant figure out how to go to my wall thanks to the new layout

DemonGodMitchAubin

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
The tabbers are somewhat acceptable in my opinion, but the galleries are very bad, yes.

If you detail the problems with the tabbers, I can mention it to Fandom though.
The issue is that that I have the code specify that the tabbers should be the same size and have centered text, but yet then they don't appear to be the same size, even if the gifs are not the same pixel size, they should be able to be normalized to the same size when the code specifies it

As well, there should be a more in-depth method of selecting the amount of rows and all that, in general, I just want way more customization for the galleries so that all images can look the same under the same gallery

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
The issue is that that I have the code specify that the tabbers should be the same size and have centered text, but yet then they don't appear to be the same size, even if the gifs are not the same pixel size, they should be able to be normalized to the same size when the code specifies it

As well, there should be a more in-depth method of selecting the amount of rows and all that, in general, I just want way more customization for the galleries so that all images can look the same under the same gallery
Okay. These are valid concerns. I will mention it.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
@DemonGodMitchAubin

Here is the reply that I received regarding the tabbers:

"Could they clarify more lucidly their feedback regarding tabbers? I am uncertain what exactly the concern is."

So you need to elaborate further.

DemonGodMitchAubin

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
@DemonGodMitchAubin

Here is the reply that I received regarding the tabbers:

"Could they clarify more lucidly their feedback regarding tabbers? I am uncertain what exactly the concern is."
I personally don't like that I can't see all the tabber names at once, like currently when the amount of tabbers goes over the width of the page, it ends up getting pushed to a row below and so on and so forth

But the current method just has the further tabbers off screen and you need to scroll over to them, I really do not like that at all

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I personally don't like that I can't see all the tabber names at once, like currently when the amount of tabbers goes over the width of the page, it ends up getting pushed to a row below and so on and so forth

But the current method just has the further tabbers off screen and you need to scroll over to them, I really do not like that at all
Okay. Please elaborate regarding the points that you mentioned earlier as well.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Well, as far as I am aware, we simply need to be patient until the Fandom staff have finished their work with the gallery codes, hope for the best, and then deal with whatever their solution turns out to be.