• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Currently Thanatos' and Rad's second key is the following

But I believe the justifications given are enough to warrant a 1-B rating rather than a Low 1-C rating. To explain in further detail

• The Immortal's (and everyone in Mystara) power is drawn from higher dimensions. In their case they can tap into the fifth dimension, which is why they're so powerful in comparision to most others in their multiverse
  • The Dimensional Vortex was created in order to limit the Immortals. If not, then by the text, "They would transcend all boundaries"
  • The Immortals via the second link can theoretically tap into higher dimensions for more power if the dimensional vortex did not stop them
So my reasoning for the upgrade is as follows

• Without the Vortex they would be able to channel higher dimensional power without limits (which is what the "Transcend all boundaries" refers to)
  • The Multiverse has infinite dimensions, meaning that they could achieve any real number of dimensional power with enough time. Which to my understanding would put them at 1-B
If accepted Thanatos would become

• Tier: Low 1-C | 1-B
And Rad would become

• Tier: Low 1-C | 1-B | High 1-B

I gotta ask, in the text, it says that the vortex only affects the Immortals, right?

So what about being who are in Mystara who aren't them like the Messengers the Old Ones send down, if they're not limited then shouldn't they upscale the other Immortals to being Higher dimensional?

Not being able to access a Dimension doesn't equate to them not having the power of that dimension, similarly when Mister Mxy destroyed the 5th dimension for ***** and giggles.

I gotta ask, in the text, it says that the vortex only affects the Immortals, right?

It seemingly effects all beings. Since the Nightmare Dimension and it's creatures were made due to the Vortex blocking off anything higher than the fifth. Afaik only other Old Ones and the Blackballs can pierce the dimensional vortex.

if they're not limited then shouldn't they upscale the other Immortals to being Higher dimensional?

According to their descriptions, the Blackballs are literally incapable of being damaged. They can only be moved or redirected using passive spells, which works due to their limited intelligence.

If you mean other Vortex Dimension creatures, then I would still say no. Since the Spectral Hound comes from the Vortex, rather than beyond it.

Not being able to access a Dimension doesn't equate to them not having the power of that dimension

In this case, it does. Since the Vortex was put in place to prevent the Immortals from gaining higher dimensional power by removing their ability to tap into the 6th and higher dimensions. If it wasn't there, then no Immortal would ever try and do the Petition of the Old Ones, which was the point of them making Mystara.

I still agree for the reasons I originally agreed to it for.

Udlmaster said:
Not being able to access a Dimension doesn't equate to them not having the power of that dimension, similarly when Mister Mxy destroyed the 5th dimension for ***** and giggles.
I forgot to add, even if they aren't 6-D, there's a massive power gulf between Immortals. This is what Asterius says about his power in relation to Thanatos. This is notable when you consider the following

• Hierarch <- Thanatos
  • Eternal <- Asterius
  • Empyreal <- Rad
  • Celestial
  • Temporal
  • Initiate <- Lowest Immortal level
So in other words, the gap between Thanatos and the second strongest tier of Immortal is the same, if not larger, than the gap between an Eternal and a mortal. So Thanatos would be super high in the Low 1-C range.

As ever, straightforward and totally agree.

Maybe one day you'll try something D&D related I don't patently agree with, Qaw

It seemingly effects all beings. Since the Nightmare Dimension and it's creatures were made due to the Vortex blocking off anything higher than the fifth. Afaik only other Old Ones and the Blackballs can pierce the dimensional vortex.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. I'm not too sure how this relates to it affecting all other beings. Beings born from the vortex shouldn't be above 5-D anyway, as they're born from something power nulling everything to be below that range.

Immortals can't cross it, when the PCs from HWA3 fight Thanatos in it they're incapable of crossing it, and the Nightmare Creatures are created because it forced them to adopt a weird physiology where they have no X or Y axis, but a Z, n1, and n2 axis since the sixth dimension is unreachable.

From what's shown and implied, it's just a massive wall that prevents anything from going beyond the fifth dimension, presumably because that's the bare minimum amount of dimensions needed for an Immortal to have their full strength.

Considering it's a decent AP upgrade I would like it if at least one more mod weighed in.

As for Thanatos he has no other canon images to my knowledge.

Well so far it seems to be universally accepted, so I'll ask Bambu to unlock the profiles.

Alright, profiles are edited, I'll close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back