• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinion II: The Sequel

I feel that Regenerationn/healing started off as a really cool power, but now it's used way too often and usually only serves as a plot device to make a certain character stick around longer and seem stronger. It often kills any believability that a character is any real danger, especially if they can shrug off having their head ripped off.

I like Regenerationn when it's treated like this weird, bizarre, even alien biological attribute for a villain or antagonistic species the heroes have to find a way to overcome.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
I feel that Regenerationn/healing started off as a really cool power, but now it's used way too often and usually only serves as a plot device to make a certain character stick around longer and seem stronger. It often kills any believability that a character is any real danger, especially if they can shrug off having their head ripped off.
Yes. Although I feel like if it's worked in as an actual plot point (e.g. Ryüko Matoi or Cell) then it's not as bad. But when a character is just like "lol jk I have rege" then it's stupid

I mean, it really depends on the amount of danger said character faces.

For example, Wolverine. Most of the time the guy is facing off against opponents who really have no means of permanently putting him down, so it kinda kills any suspense or drama when he's put in a "life-threatening" situation.

And then when the writer needs to introduce a suspense factor, they usually write in some plot device that negates Regenerationn (though the Muramasa blade does have decent lore to it).

I think the Mid-Low level is usually the cut off for me. Anything higher kinda kills the fun for me.

Well, his regen used to be Mid-High for regenerating from a blood cell, but then they had to nerf it to Low-Mid due to fan complaints.

For me regen for heroes cuts as long as it's Low-Mid or lower. Like, the hero regening an arm is cool, but from an atom? Why should I be worried about them?

Likewise, it's better if the villain has such regen, as it gives the hero a challenge to overcome as to how to permanently kill them.

But even then, the guy usually fights Weapon X agents with guns and grenades and superhumans in his own league, none of which can kill the guy with his level of regen and adamantium skeleton.

Well, I'm pretty sure his regen is to make up for how much of a bitch he is. Like, I'm not kidding, he gets his ass kicked by everyone. It's like a running gag.

Takes a deep breath

• Stardust Crusader is a snorefest
  • Jurassic Park II: The Lost World is vastly better than Jurassic World
  • Wonder Woman was not a very good movie. Justice League was better
  • Jim Starlin, writer of Infinity Gaunlet, is an hack who can't write worth *** without praising Thanos.
  • One Punch Man is the worst anime of the decade and is the equivalent of Family Guy for anime in terms of sheer ruination of the genre (Family Guy for adult animation, One Punch Man for anime)
  • The Star Wars Prequel are good and I'd watch them over the new Trilogy every day
  • Wild Wild West is incredibly fun and exciting
  • Spider-Gwen is pretty pointless of a character and has nothing of Gwen Stacy
  • I liked Ribrianne and the Maiden Squadron in Super and could have watched them talk about 'love' every day
  • Every video game series that doesn't dare to conclude their own plot within a single game, or worse, relies on outside material to make you understand what's going on, deserves to burn.
  • All of Persona is awful in terms of writing. Heck, 89% of Atlus games are
  • Bayonetta is slow paced and boring
  • RWBY has no appeal whatsoever besides 'Waifus'
  • Daniel Way's run of Deadpool is not funny
  • Saint Seiya's quality of writing is below Dragonball and, yes, even Fairy Tail. Especially in the anime.
  • Batman as a character is less reliable than Superman. And more overpowered given his context.
  • Dragonball is NOT better than Dragonball Z.

A super boss where you have to fight Vader and then Palpatine one after another then get in the Gummyship and fight the Death Star would be the coolest thing.

I doubt they're gonna include a Marvel world, but it be cool. I kinda want to write a fanfic where the Avengers discover Heartless and travel into space to try and stop them, only to eventually meet Xehanort or something.

@Dark Agree'd.The only time kingdom hearts gets hard to understand is in DDD,but after rewatching the scenes,it gets easy.

Also,it would be awesome if Mickey and Luke Skywalker beat the shit out of Darth Vader and Sidius.

On the subject of KH.

KH is probably one of the least edgy anime-esque RPG I've ever played. For crying out loud, the second game had a Chicken Little summon and a subplot about Pete going on hijinks in other worlds. Where the series got the reputation of being "that linkin park game" is beyond me.

@Darkanine

I've played the game fo years (not obessed about it now like I was when I was little), and I never heard anyone call it that "linkin park" game. I never even thought it was edgy and saw it as pretty light-hearted.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Battlereviews
You need to stop. This thread is made for unpopular opinions. You can't just insult someone, tell them to get lost, and that their opinio is wrong.

Also calling someone "very special" in the way that you are is completely unacceptable, especially when there is no hint of sarcasm.
sorry, even tho, i wanted to give this thread more life

I think it mostly stems from people who never played the games, only see the advertising material (which is pretty dark and not really reflective of the games actual themes) and know the memes with how often the characters say "darkness" and "hearts" and assume it's some dark and edgy series when it couldn't be further from it.

for you

Insulting people for having differing opinions doesn't give life to the thread. In fact it does the opposite by giving the impression it's a heated flamewar and thus should be avoided.

Darkanine said:
Insulting people for having differing opinions doesn't give life to the thread. In fact it does the opposite by giving the impression it's a heated flamewar and thus should be avoided.
a bump maybe?

So basically we have a different opinion of fun than you.

In fact, I'm all for sarcastic fun like that, because you know they don't mean it. But sarcasm is kinda hard to convey over a message.

Back