• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It goes like, Morality manipulation change one from one side to another, and Perspective Manipulation (morality) manipulate the line between good and bad. The difference between this power and this one.

I almost forgotten to move the powers that were suggested by multiple people from the previous thread. I'll repost it here so doesn't go to waste.

Durability Penetration (penetration collectively refers to piercing, breaking and ignoring any form of defenses (such as your physical defense/body, shields and forcefields) by passing through things)

• Example: A person use a force-field or possesses a resistance/immunity to your powers, so what do you do in order to use your offensive powers on them?
    • Answer 1: Get through/ignore their defenses and/or use a specific ability that ignores resistance, which would be Penetration.
    • Answer 2: Get rid of their defenses & resistances, which would actually be Erasure because if you use Negation/Nullification, they will still have it but they can't use it until you stop using the ability since its only just temporary. The permanent version of Nullification/Negation is Deactivation.
Its only considered to be called Removal if you strip away someone/something's status (e.g. Immortality, Nigh-Omnipotence, Transformations and etc.) or quality (e.g. Resistance/Immunity, Intelligence and etc.) away from them.

• Answer 3: Temporarily deactivate the force-field and their resistances so your powers can be used on them (this would be Negation/Nullification if its temporary, not allowing powers to work permanently through this method is actually called Deactivation)

• Power Manipulation
  • Power Transmutation needs a description and to be added as a sub-type under Transmutation.
  • Logic Manipulation and it should be renamed to Rationality Manipulation (as suggested by @Thelastmlg) since rationality refers to both logic and reason/common.
Also, this should fall under Law Manipulation instead of Reality Warping since it's based on controlling specific types of rules/laws.

• Enchantment
  • Mediumship
  • Retrocognition
  • Air Jumping
  • Infinite Air Jumping = Psuedo-flight
  • Platform Creation should have its own ability since it isn't Glyph Creation.
  • Evolution Manipulation =/= Time Manipulation obviously, evolution is based on the changes of genetics over time and in this case, it has some relation to Biological Manipulation.
  • Organic Matter Manipulation (Organic matter like honey, gasoline, wax, bones and etc., does not have a life force)
  • Inorganic Matter Manipulation
  • Fortification (Creating Castles, Fortresses, and Strongholds)
  • Object Manipulation (applies to physical things but not non-physical ones)
  • Conditional Abilities
  • In regards to Surface Scaling, Adhesion isn't required to have this as it can still be obtained through speed
  • Adhesivity = having natural adhesion that allows you to stick onto objects/solid materials
  • Adhesion Manipulation = controls the adhesion of things
  • Imperceptibility (Their presence cannot be preceived or detected by the 5 human senses):
    • Inodorosity (Type 1): Their presence cannot be perceived/detected by smell or being naturally odorless.
    • Ingustability (Type 2): Their presence cannot be perceived/detected by taste or being naturally tasteless, which the term was previously mentioned by @Crzer in the other thread.
    • Inaudibility (Type 3): Their presence cannot be perceived/heard/detected by sound or being naturally inaudible.
    • Invisibility (Type 4): Their presence cannot be perceived/seen/detected by sight or being naturally invisible.
    • Non-Corporeality (Type 5): Their presence cannot be perceived/felt/detected by touch or being naturally non-corporeal.
  • Paradox Defiance might need its own page and this pretty much gives you the first 3 or 4 types of Acausality by default (if its inherented by the character or passive), according to what the ability allows you to do as explained on the page. If its used actively but not passively, then the character cannot get these types of Acausality automatically.
  • Paradox Existence may be a part of Acausality but is actually a different power & there's multiple types of it.
  • Undead Pulse can be named to Perfect Undead (being both alive & dead) and when the Forum migration is over, this should be added to the Immortality page soon.
    • Deathless Immortality should be changed to "Amortality" (which means neither dead or alive) after the Forum Migration is over.
  • Innate Capability
  • Trapping Intuition
  • Language Assimilation (this should be one of the sub-types under Omnilingualism if it's not added yet)
  • Omnilingualism and Omni-Communication should have their own pages.
    • The sub-types of both abilities will be explained when it's time to get into it after the Forum Migration. If you want me to give an explanation for how are the sub-types will be separated, then let me know.
  • Divination and listing out all different types of it (This is one of the most unbelievabley difficult ones to and I suggest that this must wait after Forum Migration)
  • Concealment: Their presence cannot be perceived or detected through ESP (Extrasensory Perception) powers, which is basically the supernatural counterpart to Imperceptibility.
  • Stealth Mastery should be changed to Stealth Intuition since there is no given level of proficiency.
    • As for stealth that involves using Supernatural abilities, we should call that Supernatural Stealth.
  • Reflex Manipulation
  • More Clairvoyance-related abilities
  • More Nigh-Omnipresence related abilities & being omnipresent to time should be called Omnitemporality and being omnipresent to space should be called Omnispatiality.
  • Construction Manipulation
  • Fighting Spirit (this has been a very common ability, especially when done supernaturally, and I think it's time that this needs a page)
  • Undedormability: This gives you resistance or in some cases, immunity to deformation. Keep in note that the character isn't required to have Regenerationn for most (but not all) of the listed types of this ability.
5 types of Undeformability (which I bought up recently in the previous thread):

• Uncompressibility (Type 1) = The character is immune or at least resistant to the physical process of compression, regardless of the amount of weight being forced down their bodies, to an certain extent that isn't physically possible for a normal human to survive through & can return their bodies back to its normal shape.
    • (Type 2) Unexpandability (Type 2) = The character is immune or is resistant to the physical process of being stretched and/or being expanded to an certain extent that isn't physically possible for a normal human to survive through & can return their bodies back to its normal shape
    • Undistortability (Type 3) = The character is immune or at least resistant to the process of being physically distorted (such as being bended or losing rigidity of their physical structure that keeps the body from breaking apart) to an certain extent that isn't physically possible for a normal human to survive through & can return their bodies back to its normal shape.
    • Severing Immunity (Type 4) = The character is immune to the process of their bodies/body parts being severed physically by sharp weapons without any visible signs of blood loss & internal body damage and can reattach them back together with no Regenerationn being involved.
    • Penetration Immunity (Type 5) = The character is immune or at least resistant to the process of their bodies being pierced through by objects to a certain extent that isn't physically possible for a normal human to survive through (depending on the areas of the body that suffered the severity of the injury) & can return their bodies back to its normal shape.

@Antonio Oh shoot, I almost forgot about that Moral Manipulation power page since I seen that once before from a long time ago.

Edit: Wait, why would they treat that as a sub-power of Perception Manipulation?

Wow, don't tell me that they confused Perception Manipulation with Perspective Manipulation lmao. Perception Manip. would only have to do with controlling the human senses and illusions, not your perspective of your morals.

@The God Of Procrastination When you ignore someone's defensive powers, the benefit from that only applies to you whereas negating/nullifying the defensive powers would benefit not only for you but also for everyone else.

Perspective Manipulation would make you see that rabbit or duck from the image appear right in-front of you. Not exactly everything but more like Innate Capability covers a lot of things. You don't really need to control someone's mind to warp reality and also, that would be Illusion or Perception Manipulation in that case.

I was talking about "Power Deactivation."

Not by the literal definition of the words, and certainly not by the standards of this wiki. How would you manipulate your own perspective to make a blue or white dress appear from this image?

Like what?

But you do in order to change their logic.

@The God Of Procrastination Power Deactivation is the better and permanent version of Power Nullification, which I explained before.

What were you're referring about when you mentioned that exactly? I already explained how perspective would work for that too.

Innate Capability is basically getting instant information about something without having to know how it functions or need for any education/explanation. Some characters may not be able to warp reality at that level and changing the rules of logic wouldn't require you to control their minds.

I think what he is refering to is "manipulation" doesn't give the feeling that you are manipulating reality through perspective but manipulating someone's perspective, as in, their vision.

It would fall under sense manipulation.

Just like how mind manipulation doesn't let you warp ŕeality with your thoughts.

Same deal with logic manipulation, the name can be confused with "controlling the logic and common sense within others' mind".

So perspective manipulation should be called "perspective enforcement or inducing".

Or have it just be considered good spatial manipulation.

Logic manipulation should be part of the uses of law manipulation, since you are controlling the laws of "reason" and "common sense" also being called something like "logic enforcement" or "rationality warping" idk.

@Thelastmlg Okay.

Yeah, most characters usually can't warp reality at that level.

Idk about the name change for Perspective Manip., the name already seems pretty straightforward & you can't cause perspective other than change or have control over it, so "inducing" wouldn't really work either.

You have a good point on that since its mainly based on a specific type of rules and as for the name change, Rationality Manipulation would be a good one and it even collectively refers to both logic and reason/common sense. Nice suggestion that you bought up for this one.

Time to bring back this thread from the grave

As I suggested some time ago, I propose a power which is a subset of Preparation, I haven't decided a name yet
The idea is that of a character who is able to gather allies, soldiers, minions etc... in preparation for an incoming battle.
This power would apply to characters who have armies, crews and more at their disposal and they are willing to bring their underlings with them, for a reason or another, in case they have to face a battle.
Some examples might be Whitebeard, Frieza, Bowser, Ainz Oal Gown etc...
It wouldn't be simple outside help, because it would be limited to matches were Preparation is allowed and to people who would do it in character.
It could also be extended to characters that would create their own army as a form of preparation, like zombies, robots and more.
What do you think?

It seems like the Preparation page should be modified to cover that, instead of just making a variant just for preparing with "animated" support and the like.

What about Burrowing. Simply digging through the ground. There's a bunch of characters on the wiki who would have it, and we already have Flight, the opposite, so why not this.

Digging can be used for a variety of purposes, be it burrowing to hide, protect yourself, ambush, or potentially dig beneath opponents to trap them.

I've also seen characters on the wiki which have some kind of Earth Manipulation listed for simply being able to dig really quickly, not only is this misleading, in most cases, it's simply wrong, as characters normally don't manipulate the earth to dig.

I agree, even though it's not a supernatural (in most cases) power, it deserves a page.

It will obviously only cover major stuff, not just someone who uses a shovel to bury something at one point. So it could be argued supernatural with how it's presented in fiction.

Yes, with supernatural I mean that's not an hax or some superpower like shooting fire etc...

Yeah I get what you mean, it isn't some madly powerful superhero power but it deserves some attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back