• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Examples could be:

• Killing an immortal despite its condition (Such Ainz Ooal Gow and The Nameless)
  • Damage somenie with Invulnerability (not cuz AP >> Dura, the attack is not strong, simply ignore charxter invulnerability)
  • Affect a character with X Immunity with X Power (Such Salazzle with her Corrotion).
Also, may not naming it Resistance Bypassing, as resistance are relative, Invulnerability/Immunity Bypassing/Breaker sounds better.

People generally associate it with Power Negation; although that power, Power Erasure, Power Absorption and Power Destruction have slightly differences (mostly the way they are performed, but the effect is nearly the same).

Oh yeah, is not here. Is mostly based in how is performed. Maybe a page for Destruction in general.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I got a cool idea that I think would apply to a lot of game characters. It would be a subset of combat Mastery, and more of a specific type. For now let's call it... Environmental Exploitation.
It's like combat mastery, but specifically in regards to being able to use the environment to their advantage. This could be things from Berserker Lancelot's ability to pick up almost anything from a pipe to a jet to a stick and use it as his NP, to video game characters who can combine shit they find in the area on the fly like in dead rising, to that one guy from Baki who we could honestly use as the picture for this who can so masterfully use the environment to his advantage that he can use debris in the sand of the arena like a shot gun blast, or coat himself in sand and become invisible
Any more opinions on this?

As I said above, the character do not get rid of the immunity of the adversary, but straight out ignore it. Pretty similar, but a character that can resist power may resist Resistance Negation, while it can't resist someone with Immunity Bypassing as it not altering its powers to begin with, just ignoring them.

Sounds like an Upper limit to Resistance Negation imo, but im not opposed to it having a different profile, or whatever its called.

If were trying to think of a name of it. I think "Resistance Bypass(er)/Ignore Resistance/Resistance Phasing" is probably the best sounding.

Pretty sure we use that as resistance negation, judging by some files.

It can also just be that your ability is beyond what the other person resists.

Yeah, Resistence Negation is generally used to cover that, although mechanically they are both different.

Also yes, at leats most of time, but is not related to AP or Durability. As usual, it was a suggestion mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back