• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Universe-sized Dimensions and Pocket Realms (Staff Only)

What should we name such a page? There likely wouldn't be much information to place in it.

Based on what Sera and DarkGrath have said, if the "dimension" is literally stated to be a universe, then it does qualify as a universe. It doesn't have to have a bunch of galaxies or even a starry sky if it's literally stated to be an entire universe. But if it's simply called world and only shown a few galaxies, then it's simply 3-B. Though, if it does have a lot of galaxies and is shown and/or stated to have time working differently, then it should qualify as a Universe.

Antvasima said:
What should we name such a page? There likely wouldn't be much information to place in it.
It could just be in the Tiering System page as another note, there's not much stuff to add to it (Meaning that it won't fill a noticeable amount of the respective page), so it being there would be a good idea as it would also help everyone be aware of the standards on those.

Okay, that's even better, I wasn't sure, but now that you mention it, yeah, it would fit there far more overall.

Further input is needed, as usual.

Just to clarify.

The intent of this post is to upgrade dimensions that are called universes, and are shown to contain galaxies simultaneously, correct?

If that's the case, we already apply the standard of considering something called a universe 3-A in size, so it isn't something new.

If what is being implied is that a dimension with galaxies is automatically 3-A regardless of its description, though, that's far more controversial and I don't think a few staff members "yessing" it out is enough to get it approved, though I don't have an opinion on that matter.

Yeah, a dimension with galaxies isn't 3-A unless it's described in universal terms. Containing "countless galaxies" should be 3-A, but being visibly shown to have two or three probably isn't.

If it's shown to contain at least a few galaxies and doesn't have flavor text of being universes; such as simply being called "World", "Dimension", or "Realm", it's only 3-B. If it contains Countless galaxies, it's 3-A sized. If it's outright called a Universe, it can be 3-A or Low 2-C and it doesn't really need to be shown a single galaxy. Though, Space-Time stuff can be important as well.

So lemme get this straight.

To sum it up, it depends on whether or not multiple dimension / pocket universes have one of the following:

1. visually shown to have numerous, not just a handful, of galaxies or not.

2. have enough stated or shown context that it's a separate / parallel universe OR just a pocket dimension "created on a whim"

I'd say that only 2. - being directly called a universe - would be valid, or something similarly direct. There isn't really any way to prove a dimension is universal based on whatever number of galaxies appears stated on-screen, and defaulting to 3-A based on that would be making stuff up.

Dienomite22 said:
That's a pretty small universe
okay i didn't mean to say it like that. several galaxies would be enough to indicate a universe, 20-1000's to 100,000,000 galaxies specifically add that with context lead up and 3-A would measure up and even then would lead to a obvious locale.

@TheImagineBreaker121212

I got what you were saying but problems would arise by setting an amount on how many galaxies would indicate if a dimension is a universe because it's still assuming the dimension is universe in size when it could just be limited to those number of galaxies. If the context leads to 3-A being the likely case then of course it could be considered 3-A but it wouldn't be 3-A from having "x" amount of galaxies alone, unless the dimension is stated to contain the same amount of galaxies as our observable universe or more but even then I don't know if that would necessarily qualify for 3-A.

Dienomite22 said:
@TheImagineBreaker121212
I got what you were saying but problems would arise by setting an amount on how many galaxies would indicate if a dimension is a universe because it's still assuming the dimension is universe in size when it could just be limited to those number of galaxies. If the context leads to 3-A being the likely case then of course it could be considered 3-A but it wouldn't be 3-A from having "x" amount of galaxies alone, unless the dimension is stated to contain the same amount of galaxies as our observable universe or more but even then I don't know if that would necessarily qualify for 3-A.
well dang...... you have a good point. wouldn't a "y" factor also have to come into play? "y" being context and other relations of course

@TheImaineBreaker121212

Basically, the "y" would be the valid reasoning or statements as to why the dimension can be considered a universe or 3-A.

okay i didn't mean to say it like that. several galaxies would be enough to indicate a universe, 20-1000's to 100,000,000 galaxies specifically add that with context lead up and 3-A would measure up and even then would lead to a obvious locale.

Except there's no reason for several galaxies to suddenly indicate a universe. If multiple nebulae don't, then there is no reason for any amount of galaxies to. "Author intent" is something we explicitly condemn here.

although if the Y factor is fulfilled in most cases, the answer for the tier line would already be inherently decided which is the most important to include and should be a requirement rather than a "factor". because you're not hearing/seeing/sensing/observing a whopping lot of verses using the potential number of galaxies part as a X lmfao

Kepekley23 said:
Except there's no reason for several galaxies to suddenly indicate a universe. If multiple nebulae don't, then there is no reason for any amount of galaxies to. "Author intent" is something we explicitly condemn here.
the other guy had me locked in about a similar instance and long term problem and difficulty. I mean if we look at it, let's consider a verse being 3-A if there's 20 to 1000's to 100,000,000's of galaxies someone would claim a occam's razor and say due to those numbers of galaxies, we can't just assume that's there is and would safely assume it's a universe due to the allocated space "x" method which Dienomite22 brought really good things to think about as to why that probably wouldn't and shouldn't work because it elusively indicates a small universe as compared to a default. point being there should be a point-blank "y" factor and reading the discussion "y" is the gritty and meaty details. i agree there should be specifications but my original thoughts after just realizing the bigger picture got revised.

@TheImagineBreaker121212

If one character creates a dimension with visually 1 billion galaxies but that's all we know then it can't be considered 3-A.

If another character creates a dimension with visually 10 galaxies but is stated to be a universe and/or has evidence of such then it can be considered 3-A.

Kepekley23 said:
If said space with 100,000,000s of galaxies is called a universe, sure. If it's just a pocket dimension with those much galaxies then no.
that'd depend upon the "y" factor, a pocket dimension can have statements and variables of being a universe rather than a small space it's actually just a large cosmos object belonging to someone in comparison is small or if not that then other details. if it has several galaxies period there's other things to consider, point blank more thoughts need to put into the number of galaxies and what it equates to.

Dienomite22 said:
@TheImagineBreaker121212
If one character creates a dimension with visually 1 billion galaxies but that's all we know then it can't be considered 3-A.

If another character creates a dimension with visually 10 galaxies but is stated to be a universe and/or has evidence of such then it can be considered 3-A.
I can agree with that, I was trying to explain, but you baked the cake perfectly.

A 3-A sized universe is 93 billion lightyears in diameter. While we can't be too knit picky and say it has to be that big to qualify as a universe; a statement about it being a Universe should be enough. But obviously having a few galaxies and being called a "world", "Realm", or "Dimension" is not enough. Albeit trillions of galaxies or more would be better for being 3-A; but not something like 100,000,000 galaxies being visible.

But what if a human universe that is supposed to resemble our universe is called a "world" by in-series characters?

"Resembling your world" isn't quite enough text to assume universe, being called an entire alternate reality would often mean universe. Or if it "Mirrors the Universe" then it would be a universe inherently.

No, I meant like if a human universe (like Breaking Bad is supposed resemble our universe) is called a "world" by in-series characters.

I could work on it later; and it could perhaps include bullet points explaining what may or may not be enough proof for the "Worlds" or "Realms" to be universes.

Alright, been thinking of a consensus; but I can propose something like this.

It is common for fictional characters to be scaled based on creating one or multiple "Worlds", "Dimensions", or "Realms". However, many users may often be confused on whether those are synonyms of universes or simply pocket realities. They may have indications of being quite large, but they still require some more in depth or specific evidence to truly be universes. Otherwise, they will simply be pocket realities judged by their known size.

• These are notes that the worlds are indeed universes; while they don't need all of these, at least one of them should indicate this.
    • If they are outright called universes or stated to be the size of universes by a reliable source, they should be considered universes.
    • If the size of the realms described has having infinite sizes or other synonyms, that should strongly indicate them being universes.
    • If they are outright stated to be completely separated by the barriers of time and space and either stated or shown to be reasonable in size, such as having countless galaxies, then they should indeed be universes.
    • If they're flat out stated to be entire timelines, then they are indeed alternate universes.
    • Being labeled as "Entire Alternate Realities" generally indicates them being called universes, but the context and semantics should preferably be specified.
    • If they're stated to mirror "The Universe" or "Our Universe" or "The Real World", they would refer to being universes.
  • These statements are not enough to call them universes; they may support the ideas when backed up by examples above, but none of them individually or altogether may be enough.
    • Having a starry sky may qualify as being a 4-A sized pocket reality, but not enough to be a universe without more evidence.
    • Having multiple galaxies within it should qualify as a 3-B sized pocket reality, but not enough to be a universe without more context or evidence.
    • A realm having time that works somewhat differently is not enough to be considered a Universe as nonlinear time within a single universe exists. And the realm should still have a confirmed appropriate size to back it up.
    • The Worlds being different bodies of space is not enough to consider them universes, as that does not quite prove they have different timelines. Especially if they are afterlives. Afterlives often are different bodies of space, but are generally condensed in the time timeline unless there's more proof otherwise.
    • Being "Different Worlds, Realms, or Dimensions" requires more elaborate context and even "Dreams, Imaginations and Ideas becoming reality" is not enough to say the "Worlds" are entire universes. "Becoming Reality" often simply refers more to "Becoming a piece of reality" as opposed to each and every Dream becoming an "Entire Reality".
    • Saying that it "Mirrors your world" doesn't not automatically equate to mirroring the entire universe you came from as World can also mean planet. And it can even refer to locations in between planet and Universe. And even if the realms are larger than planet sized, the "Your World" aspect often refers to specific sceneries rather than the entire Space-Time Continuum. And just because world frequently refers to universe doesn't mean everything larger than a planet that is called a world is a universe.

Back