• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Universe level Standards (Continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sera makes sense to me, but given that we do not seem to have sufficient support, we may have to compromise instead.

The God Of Procrastination said:
If low 2-C is now the default assumption, does that mean that infinite speed is also the default assumption for predating it?
Low 2-C is not the default assumption.

@Ant

Apparently compromise is "fallacious" when it comes to these kind of debates, so if no one compromised during the whole FTL Bleach debacle like I kindly asked, I'm not compromising here, least of all if the only reason is people like a tier more, which to me makes no sense as an argument when this is not a subjective discussion as Andytrenom mentioned earlier.

Then again at the same time, if it's really that big a deal I wouldn't exactly mind keeping Low 2-C, but the argument for keeping it is not a reasonable one. I'm sorry, I really am but as I mentioned earlier when I voiced by disappointment in the staff (once more, not calling anyone out), the arguments come off as "I don't like it, so it shan't be." I'm not trying to seem like an entitled brat but after all the effort put into this, I just expect a better argument than just that. If I can't be granted at least that much, why should I care about all these revisions and changes in our standards that are the result of "these guys disagreed about something in a vs thread". No one has an issue adding all these unnecessary types of a power/ability (Acausality much?) so what's the deal?

I gotta agree with Sera on that. Especially with how much people ask her for help, you'd think there'd be a little more consideration about her thoughts when regarding certain matters. Personally I feel she should've dropped it while still ahead, since it won't go anywhere without any staff support. 90% of this thread was regulars, albeit knowledgeable ones like Agnaa, but regulars nonetheless.

She should've dropped it while still ahead.

Tell me about it... Sometimes I'm just too stubborn when I truly believe in something. It's closer to a bad habit than a strengthening of mine. It's also not healthy for me to be this argumentative due to the increase in headaches and other bullshit I have to deal with nowadays. Maybe dropping this is the best idea...

Ugh... I need to go to bed anyway. Keep Low 2-C if you want it that much. Everyone happy now?

@Sera

Perhaps you should ask Azathoth, Ryukama, and Promestein to comment here. If most of the bureaucrats support our suggested changes, it should be possible to get through.

I've asked the other bureaucrats to comment here.

@Agnaa

Thank you.

@The Reclusive One

No problem.

Okay. I suppose that we will have to use the compromise option then.

Promestein said:
I'm more inclined to agree with Matt (fusing 3-A and High 3-A and keeping Low 2-C where it is). Making Low 2-C High Universe level could be confusing, though.
I change my view and now it is the same as Promestein's.

I went through several more articles. This time instead of googling "The totality of the universe." I googled "Cosmic Inflation Theory." Since it deals with "How big the universe really is." Cosmic inflations theory is used in string theory landscape from what i read. If this gets accepted i think we should make another thread about changing speed feats from outrunning the big bang/intial inflation of the universe, and speed feats that use the baseline universe.

The point here is that there is scientiftic theories that show the totality of our universe is really large lol.

These are the most prominent answers i got from more recent works.

This is from a collegel textbook of cosmic inflation that is from May 2017 "After 10^-30 seconds of inflation, even a Universe initially of Plank size ~10^-33 cm attains a large size of 10^10^10cm. Clearly, inflation increases the size of the Universe by many orders of magnitude which is a major concept behind how inflation solves problems of the Big-Bang Cosmology." [screenshot for specific reference ]

Assuming i did that right... Which i don't think i did... I took 10^10^10 which got me 1e+100.. so a googlo (whatever).. That many Centimeters.. I converted that to light years which is...

1.05700083402461556e+81 = one sexvigintillion and fifty-seven quinvigintillion eight hundred and thirty-four trevigintillion and twenty-four duovigintillion six hundred fifteen unvigintillion five hundred sixty vigintillion light years... ((((( someone should really check me on that..)))

This was taken fromStandford.edu News site . This article is from September of 2018. "Cosmic inflation holds that the Big Bang began with a period of exponential expansion that swelled our universe from a fragile quantum speck to a vast manor of emptiness a quarter-billion-light-years wide in a flicker of a flicker of time." [Picture for reference ]

This onecomes from Forbes on April 12, 2018. "Because the expansion is not just exponential but also incredibly rapid, "doubling" happens on timescale of around 10-35 seconds. Meaning, by time 10-34 seconds have passed, the Universe is around 1000 times its initial size; by time 10-33 seconds have passed, the Universe is around 1030 (or 100010) times its initial size; by time 10-32 seconds have passed, the Universe is around 10300 times its initial size, and so on. Exponential isn't so powerful because it's fast; it's so powerful because it's relentless. Today, that rate is around 70 km/s/Mpc, but during inflation, it was likely some 1050times higher." [This would requires 2 separate pictures. So, its prbably best to read the article.]

70km/s/Mpc = 3.16 million light years a second. 10^50 times greater than that in 10^-30 whatever seconds...... I don't want to do that math lol.

I probably did the math wrong anyways on those... sooo... I will leave it open for for other people to make an inference..

I do agree with changing the baseline to match the most recent scientific discoveries. However, i think Sera might have to message staff memebers indiviually what the options are that were narrowed down too to reach a conclusion....

They're not on my "good list" right now, so I am definitely not messaging each staff one by one. Nah, I'd rather the people who are actually giving enough of a damn to properly discuss this thing be the ones who organize and handle it. Sick of the elitism. If a vigilante is better at handling crooks than the cops, the vigilante should be allowed to do it.

Well, I am trying to help, but I am very overworked and juggling many different tasks, and the rest of the staff seem busy IRL. Several of them recurrently take a long time before responding to my messages.

Why is Hit infinite 3D and since when did he even have 4D hax? Wouldn't that be better suited to a different thread anyways? (answer on my wall)

My reasoning for Low 2-C staying Low 2-C and not being High 3-A:

• More consistent with the other tiers past 3 encompassing a higher dimensional level, no other dimension would be split over multiple tiers besides 4 if it goes to High 3-A (and 3, but that doesn't count)
  • Implying that the multiversal part is more important than the 4D part is not consistent with the rest of the system
  • Changing it to High 3-A causes extra work for no real gain
  • People will think of current tier 2s and stuff in a different way from our 3D tiers, since people take full universal stuff differently than the physical destruction feats. "Tier 2" already has connotations to it that make more sense to just mantain.
  • Tiers 10-3 are already for values we can actually calculate with real energy values, to throw something incalculable down there doesn't make much sense to me.

Also, from practical experience, I just want competent editors to handle important wiki revisions, as I simply do not have enough time to handle massive amounts of cleanup work on top of my regular enormous workload.

@Wokistan

High 2-A is 5D. So regardless Tier 2 won't be only 4D.

5D is still not split across two tiers though. Tier 2 either way ends up the beginning of higher dimensionality, just how tier 11 is its own thing for lower dimensionality.

So.... What were agreeing to is change the baseline of 3-A, and merge it with high 3-A with Infinite 3-D power as the cap limit??? That's of I'm reading this right...? And keep low 2-c

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
What will the new baseline for 3-A be......?
Whatever we can determine is the safest, lowest estimate of the size of the actual universe.

I lost track, but I think we decided not to. Feel free to touch up on the topic again if need be.

Sera EX said:
I lost track, but I think we decided not to. Feel free to touch up on the topic again if need be.
Would it be best to do that here or to make another thread after the current topic is done?

Agnaa said:
What will the new baseline for 3-A be......?
Whatever we can determine is the safest, lowest estimate of the size of the actual universe.
Thank you for the response. Do you know of any estimatee time when it will be calc'ed...?

Assaltwaffle, I think having another thread would better since in this thread, we have has 246 messages already so far and will likely be growing.

Thank you for the response. Do you know of any estimatee time when it will be calc'ed...?
I don't, sorry, I just know it will be far higher than it currently is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back