• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undyne vs Rumble

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
The wind is howling undyne fanart by mothmandraws-d9g52ns
Rumble SuperGalaxySkin
Just a good friendly spar that may or may not result in widespread destruction between new-met anime characters.

Starting distance of one kilometer on opposite sides of an uninhabited mountain range on the surface of Runeterra (so that, you know, no bystanders to worry about), all standard equipment and such are available. Obviously, this is just Base!Undyne, as Undyne the Undying would both be a stomp of silly proportions and would have no reason to come out against another hero.

Who wins? Stating your reasoning would be appreciated. And, more importantly... is anime real?

Hmm. Obviously this is Super Galaxy Rumble here. Almost considered this a stomp till i saw his page.

Close call, Perpetual dude.

Anyways Stats-wise, Undyne has this mainly due to her higher speed advantage (though i don't wanna call it as being really that much.....maybe??).

For abilities, i see them being about right even with each other but Undyne has soul manipulation. Seeing that Rumble doesn't seem to have any resistance to it, i can see him losing that.

IDK. I honestly think this a close fight. But i'll rate this as 6-7/10 in Undyne's favor.

CrossverseCrisis said:
For abilities, i see them being about right even with each other but Undyne has soul manipulation. Seeing that Rumble doesn't seem to have any resistance to it, i can see him losing that.
The LoL pages are in a need of reworking.

Most champions have some resistence to Soul Hax, as they're constantly beset by enemies who have Soul Hax and aren't instantly destroyed.

Undyne has the speed advantage...And its a big one.

I mean, i don't think Undyne in-character would blitz someone without giving him a chance to at least return the punch. But that also doesn't mean she would not try to dodge. With that said, i simply see Rumble being beating down without much of a chance to really do any damage because of speed.

What evidence that Knight Knight's attacks are direct light and not magical light?

Or that Vulkin's lightning is legit Cloud to Ground lightning? Because, everything i've seen says otherwise.

@Aparajita That he does, some degree of mind and even more so soul-based hax resistance is pretty standard for League champs across the board, even supposedly mundane-looking ones. Probably wouldn't render him wholly immune or anything, but still.

IIRC the whole light thing has been debated/brought up very frequently around here, and that was the end ruling. If you've a problem with it/evidence showing that it's not so, then I'd recommend making a content revision thread on the topic.

@Alice I wouldn't say that big, Rumble's minimum is currently at 0.42c, which isn't all that far away from Rel+. It is still notable, though.

ThePerpetual said:
IIRC the whole light thing has been debated/brought up very frequently around here, and that was the end ruling.
Well Undertale *is* one of the most supported verses here atm, so i guess i'll wait until it dies down to bring up any points like that.

No point in going the way of a Turkish Soldier in 1460s.

ThePerpetual said:
@Aparajita That he does, some degree of mind and even more so soul-based hax resistance is pretty standard for League champs across the board, even supposedly mundane-looking ones. Probably wouldn't render him wholly immune or anything, but still.
There are Mindhaxes and Soul haxes in LoL that are on another scale, like Malzahar and Kalthius.

Literally, in their Lores, Malzahar survived contact with the Void because he was chosen and can show those visions to others and Kalthius can call to the soul of any enemy.

Yeah, doesn't surprise me. They're probably updated the lore a lot since I've last checked, seemingly happens every day now.

Let's not derail the thread though. Anyone else have any input?

Aparajita said:
ThePerpetual said:
IIRC the whole light thing has been debated/brought up very frequently around here, and that was the end ruling.
Well Undertale *is* one of the most supported verses here atm, so i guess i'll wait until it dies down to bring up any points like that.
No point in going the way of a Turkish Soldier in 1460s.

You can bring them now. If those points were good before they will not be good in the future. Unless what you want to wait is to every undertale supporter left the wiki to put arguments without the possibility of debunk them

This is actually a really close match. On one hand Undyne has a higher speed and soul manipulation, but on the other hand, like Aparajita said, Rumble has some resistance to soul manipulation, though I'm surprised he didn't mention Illaoi, who literally rips out and attacks her opponent's soul as one of her abilities. Rumble might be able to take this is he manages to land Electro-Harpoon or The Equalizer, bu that's kind of a big might seeing as how Undyne is much faster than him.

WeeklyBattles said:
though I'm surprised he didn't mention Illaoi, who literally rips out and attacks her opponent's soul as one of her abilities.
To be fair. Illaoi's soul manipulation depends more in personality than durability alone. Both Gangplank and a random captain were capable of endure it just because they passed the test. And both were normal humans (Or at least the second one was)

Lore before gameplay if the two contradict one another directly, is how I've always done it, just saying. Doesn't matter too much in this instance, there's soul-based attacks aplenty other than that one, so...

Illaoi pulling someone's soul out doesn't really contradict itself though, she's just never done it to Rumble outside the game, but it was exactly the same in-game as when she did it to Gangplank. But yeah, there are a lot of other soul attacks that other champs use.

Illaoi pulls someone's soul out doesn't kill them. It doesn't even do much damage as normal humans were capable of endure it. So it isn't really that impressive. What kills them are a bunch of other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back