• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

undertale speed revision

Undertales Supersonic+ speed makes 0 sense
i think it should be removed after a discussion me and others had in a separate thread
the SuperS+ speed got 0 factual evidence and therefore should be removed

Let's look at frisk, who performed the subsonic+ feat:

Average Human with minimal Determination, up to Supersonic with higher levels of Determination (Can keep up with Asgore)

Asgore: Supersonic (Effortlessly avoided all of Undyne's attacks when she was a youth, all while refusing to fight back. Fought Frisk who had higher determination than when they faced Undyne)

Supersonic (Should be much faster than every other monster in the underground, including attacks from Greater Dog. Can run faster than Frisk on foot)

Greater Dog: Subsonic+ combat speed (Superior to the other royal guards. Comparable to Frisk who could dodge his barks at these speeds), Transonic attack speed with his barks

Looking back now, I think I can see the reasoning, they are scaling undyne's speed above the greater dog's bark attack, but I don't see why that would be anything more than attack speed scaling.

Also how is the dog comparable to frisk and still subsonic+?

Oh then we have sans: at least Supersonic+ reactions (Capable of consistently dodging Frisk to such a degree that they could never land a hit on Sans, even if they reset and knew exactly what he would do and where he would be, and even if he was asleep. Was only hit after Frisk broke the rules of the game to do so)

Yeah, doesn't work like that, that would just be higher reactions, and most of it can just be skill and timing with his speed anyway, plus sans knows that we fought him before so the player knowing how it would play out wouldn't help because sans would know that they know it
(credit to Thelastmlg)

TLDR all those who are supersonic and above should be subsonic+ (calc)

Last edited:
I was about to make the thread lol

Let's look at frisk, who performed the subsonic+ feat:

Average Human with minimal Determination, up to Supersonic with higher levels of Determination (Can keep up with Asgore)

Asgore: Supersonic (Effortlessly avoided all of Undyne's attacks when she was a youth, all while refusing to fight back. Fought Frisk who had higher determination than when they faced Undyne)

Undyne: Supersonic (Should be much faster than every other monster in the underground, including attacks from Greater Dog. Can run faster than Frisk on foot)

Greater Dog: Subsonic+ combat speed (Superior to the other royal guards. Comparable to Frisk who could dodge his barks at these speeds), Transonic attack speed with his barks

Looking back now, I think I can see the reasoning, they are scaling undyne's speed above the greater dog's bark attack, but I don't see why that would be anything more than attack speed scaling.

Also how is the dog comparable to frisk and still subsonic+?

Oh then we have sans: at least Supersonic+ reactions (Capable of consistently dodging Frisk to such a degree that they could never land a hit on Sans, even if they reset and knew exactly what he would do and where he would be, and even if he was asleep. Was only hit after Frisk broke the rules of the game to do so)

Yeah, doesn't work like that, that would just be higher reactions, and most of it can just be skill and timing with his speed anyway, plus sans knows that we fought him before so the player knowing how it would play out wouldn't help because sans would know that they know it

Last edited:
I think superhuman running speed with subsonic+ combat and reactions speed works, and transonic attack speed for being superior to greater dog

Anyway, which characters need to have their speeds adjusted to Subsonic+ then?

So basically all bosses i guess, gotta check the enmies though becuase some might scale to toriel or something

What will we do with sans? Will we add his reactions justification to his overall speed or will he have "higher" reactions?

Preferably yes, although this seems fairly self-evident.

Back