• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale Monster Physiology

basically I think there should be a monster physiology page in undertale's verse and we could list that in every monster's powers and abilities instead of listing each individual ability that all monsters have, just for convenience
and for boss monsters
  • Longevity/Immortality type 1: at a certain point, boss monsters stop aging and only age when their children age, and if their children die or if they simply never have children then they'll never age past that point
so yeah

Last edited:
basically I think there should be a monster physiology page in undertale's verse and we could list that in every monster's powers and abilities instead of listing each individual ability that all monsters have, just for convenience
and for boss monsters
  • Longevity/Immortality type 1: at a certain point, boss monsters stop aging and only age when their children age, and if their children die or if they simply never have children then they'll never age past that point
so yeah
the scan to monsters being made by Magic
tumblr_inline_pnjtfheslw1rhoj99_540.png

and for boss monsters
so yeah
Also, shouldnt the monsters like Sans or Asgore have limited law manipulation because they can break the game mechanics like Asgore destroying the Mercy buttom and Sans being able to make his turn last forever?
3ktrwp.png

Also, shouldnt the monsters like Sans or Asgore have limited law manipulation because they can break the game mechanics like Asgore destroying the Mercy buttom and Sans being able to make his turn last forever?
3ktrwp.png
I'm pretty sure Asgore breaking the Mercy button is just symbolic of the fact that he won't listen to you no matter what you say. Our profile for sans also says "This likely only works under the rules of Sans' universe, which he exploited to do this"

Sans making his turn last forever is less law manipulation and more just exploiting the law. He isn't actively changing it or really manipulating it, just using what's already there to his advantage.

Fair enough, but it can be argued to not be only but, but this is not the CRT to discuss it, sorry for bothering, yeah
You can argue it but I think it's just taking things too literally here. Asgore isn't literally taking the very concept of the ability to spare him away from you, all that means is that he can't allow himself to stop fighting- because of what he's already done.

Besides, once you DO defeat him he offers to take care of you if you stay in the Underground, which means you were going to Spare him in the end anyway. Flowey didn't allow that, of course, but that's unrelated.

Besides, once you DO defeat him he offers to take care of you if you stay in the Underground, which means you were going to Spare him in the end anyway. Flowey didn't allow that, of course, but that's unrelated.
Well we can, but the Spare buttom appears kinda broken

... The joke is that it was hastily put back together because he broke it, yes. It's absolutely not enough to claim "Law Manipulation" for this kind of verse.

I think some things that happen in battle mode just shouldn't be taken seriously, like tsunderplane and I think aaron responding to what it says when you check them and frisk's soul growing legs and feet with ******* high heels when they flee

I think for the age stuff it could be "longevity, potentially immortality type 1 (reasoning)" since they have control over it depending on their life choices

It's negated by a specific event, but otherwise it's type 1 immortality.

I am not sure if these are a sufficient number of distinctive abilities to warrant an entire extra powers page or not.

The 2 criteria are:

Considerable amount of people in the verse have this

Considerable amount of abilities.

The first one is meet, 99% of the verse are monsters, the second one though, idk, the number doesn't seem to be set on stone but normally they tend to have 10 or 15+ abilities

I'm glad people are so passionate about such a great verse, but there simply isn't enough to justify a physiology page in my opinion.
For example, a good summary page such as the one I contributed to: Slayer Magic contains three variations of a style of magic which pertains over 30 total abilities/weaknesses, and spans across at least 30 characters as well.

Well, I suppose that it likely wouldn't cause any harm at least. It just seems a bit unnecessary.

goosebumps monster physiology has only 6 abilities, this one would have 9 total 🤷
That page also seems to only encapsulate about nine characters. If my understanding of the established standards is correct, then that page probably shouldn't have been made. It's better to learn from mistakes, rather than repeat them.

That said, I don't really know anything about the inner-workings of the wiki, or what harm superfluous pages can do. I'd wager it'd be better to cut down on pages which serve little purpose though.

Yeah that monster page should be deleted, all of those abilities can easily be in the profiles without clogging them, superhuman characteristics for example are like, necessary to be there (unless it is planned to be deleted but whateve), so technically the page only had 5 necessarily listed abilities

The complexity of the abilities matters too, for example each of the Stand abilities are rather complicated, and benefit from further detailed explanation.
(The Force is similar, as well as the sheer quantity of characters it applies to.)

Last edited:
In any case, discussing every random verse-specific powers page is for different threads.
What we need to decide here is if the Undertale monster pages are cluttered in a harmful way, and if this page will do more good than harm.

In other words: is this enough information to justify people having to visit two different pages to understand a character, rather than just their profile page?

Well as far as I know, there is no given number for the abilities necessary, just "enough to be worth it", vague as hell, if we have the criteria written somewhere, we should set up a number and also add that the abilities require explanations and/or proof

Well as far as I know, there is no given number for the abilities necessary, just "enough to be worth it", vague as hell, if we have the criteria written somewhere, we should set up a number and also add that the abilities require explanations and/or proof
I concur, I strongly dislike unspoken/vague rules.
We should make sure there's not already a note somewhere though.

Back