• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undead Unluck Discussion Thread

Top turns the Earth around in 10 seconds ()

Half Earth Circumference: 40,075,000m / 2
Half Earth Circumference: 20,037,500 m

Speed: 20,037,500 / 10
Speed: 2,003,750 m/s or Mach 5841.836734 (MHS+)

wdym by turns the earth? And does everyone agree to scaling people to this calc?

wdym by turns the earth? And does everyone agree to scaling people to this calc?
Its probably a figure of speech. And it feels odd having people scale to this. This is Top's max speed, and he's the residential speedster of the verse. I'm pretty sure he also blitzed Billy once if I'm remembering correctly, so it doesnt seem that many characters would scale to this

Its probably a figure of speech. And it feels odd having people scale to this. This is Top's max speed, and he's the residential speedster of the verse. I'm pretty sure he also blitzed Billy once if I'm remembering correctly, so it doesnt seem that many characters would scale to this
Not the light speed statment. The calc is just based off him traveling in the scan across the ocean. And Andy jumps up and reacts to him pretty blantantly.
0078-015.png

I don't remember Top blitzing anyone after this either.

0078-013.png

Another thing is that Top seems to be ripping through the clouds here and considering he comes from the sky it makes sense.

Not the light speed statment. The calc is just based off him traveling in the scan across the ocean. And Andy jumps up and reacts to him pretty blantantly.
0078-015.png

I don't remember Top blitzing anyone after this either.
Wasn't this image at Top's peak speed though? Though then again, my memory is hazy, maybe the chapter should be sent?

Also, I'm pretty sure outliers exist.

Wasn't this image at Top's peak speed though? Though then again, my memory is hazy, maybe the chapter should be sent?

Also, I'm pretty sure outliers exist.
Yeah it was at his top speed. And I doubt it's a outlier considering Andy got stronger from the Autumn Arc. Victor also showed us a mhs+ feat sending his hand from space to earth in seconds. Shen's staff also was calced to be mhs+ going with 5 seconds.

Yeah it was at his top speed. And I doubt it's a outlier considering Andy got stronger from the Autumn Arc. Victor also showed us a mhs+ feat sending his hand from space to earth in seconds. Shen's staff also was calced to be mhs+ going with 5 seconds.
Eh, it's just weird seeing the speedster if the verse be outspend or have other characters on par with him, with said speedster going at max speed. It's like Batman outrunning The Flash.

Eh, it's just weird seeing the speedster if the verse be outspend or have other characters on par with him, with said speedster going at max speed. It's like Batman outrunning The Flash.
I mean I understand what you're saying but the issue is that Top is just seen as the speedster not the fastest character.

Wanted to help out with this verse a bit. Already helped out with two calcs. Corrected one calc, and made another

I'll just comment on the formatting for the verse

unknown.png

First, the calc for Summer isn't kinetic energy. It's potential energy. Which is the energy it would essentially tank from falling (In this case falling from half its height). So it should say "Summer's Potential Energy". The same calc Is linked in the Lifting Strength section. I'd simply suggest changing it to say "Summer's mass" there since it involves how much they'd weigh (Thus anyone who lifts them would have Class G LS). As for who can scale, obviously anyone who can tank an attack from them since vs wiki dubs PE as a lowball estimate for large characters.

I'd also get this calc accepted soon since I assume it scales to most characters in the verse. Calcs need to be evaluated/accepted to be used. Otherwise they can't be used until then. Normally anyway. Maybe for a verse starting out, rules are a bit more flexible.

Last thing I'd add, is to make sure ALL blogs have the "Undead Unluck" tag at the bottom, like here:

unknown.png

It helps with indexing the verse further, and is useful for new calcs that haven't been yet accepted so it can be seen despite not being in the calc section of the verse page yet.

Man, I wish I could do Mashle vs UU threads, since they both came out at the same time. The only possible matchup is Summer, sadly.
I haven't read the series yet Though I did read the first chapter before I saw it being talked about here, does any character tank an attack from Summer or harm Summer? If yes to either of those, they'd scale, since their PE scales to their AP and Durability (Since it assumes they can survive falling from half their body height in the air).

I haven't read the series yet Though I did read the first chapter before I saw it being talked about here, does any character tank an attack from Summer or harm Summer? If yes to either of those, they'd scale, since their PE scales to their AP and Durability (Since it assumes they can survive falling from half their body height in the air).
Kinda I'm iffy on it all. Shen and Mui can extend the staff to like hold him in place here
0067-005.png

Then Tatiana can destroy it
0067-010.png

But people scaling to her barrier is never shown.

Kinda I'm iffy on it all. Shen and Mui can extend the staff to like hold him in place here
0067-005.png

0067-010.png

First instance might be useable, however, what should be noted is that if Shen and Mui can extend their staff to the length of Summer, the KE of the staff expanding would be ridiculous. You could probably calc it by assuming the staff grew to the length of Summer who already has a calc'd length of about 2.2 kilometers, and using square cube law to get the mass of the staff AFTER growing that large, and assume it traveled 2.2 kilometers in 5 seconds if the feat was done in one panel, since that seems to be the standard assumption of time for one panels unless reasoning for shorter timeframes are provided.

0067-005.png

0067-010.png

Eh, if the durability doesn't scale, then it wouldn't be viable. Since Summer would be 7-C all around, then only early series Mashle characters can fight them. And the God tier of UU would be too much for any Mashle character. It's a lose/lose situation.

First instance might be useable, however, what should be noted is that if Shen and Mui can extend their staff to the length of Summer, the KE of the staff expanding would be ridiculous. You could probably calc it by assuming the staff grew to the length of Summer who already has a calc'd length of about 2.2 kilometers, and using square cube law to get the mass of the staff AFTER growing that large, and assume it traveled 2.2 kilometers in 5 seconds if the feat was done in one panel, since that seems to be the standard assumption of time for one panels unless reasoning for shorter timeframes are provided.
I'll do it tomorrow or tonight if I have time.

idk if I understand the square cube law, what am I supposed to do first for it? The staff's size is also this big orignally
0067-003.png

idk if I understand the square cube law, what am I supposed to do first for it? The staff's size is also this big orignally
0067-003.png
Alright, for Square Cube law, two things you need first is the ORIGINAL size of the object. That can be obtained by either calc'ing the OG size, or having a statement of the OG size. The other thing you need is the mass of the OG object. This can be obtained by calcing the mass via getting the volume of the object and multiplying it by a density, or from a statement.

As for the method itself, the formula is (New size/Original size)^3*OG mass/weight = New Mass

So sayyyy, there was a 190cm tall guy weighed 85 kg. Now say they grew to be 100x their original size. The formula would look like

(19,000/190)^3*85 = 85,000,000 kg/85,000 Tonnes (Class M)

That's the best way I can explain it to you. Hopefully that helps. From there, all you need to do is calc KE.

BTW, if KE isn't accepted, use the weight to get its tier. I've heard that when people change size/mass quickly, you can use the new mass to get a tier. The tier is determined by weight which can be seen here.

You also need to explain what density you're using for the staff. Like the density of the material. You should also show the math for the KE.

(2202m / 0.12259m)^3*5.368kg = 3.110995e+13kg or Class T

And kinetic energy is done like this

(1/2 * 3.110995e+13kg) * 2202 m/s2 = 18.026 Gigatons of tnt
Looks good. But I'd also do a low-end using the other method you used to calculate mass. And on top of that, I'd add a 5 second low-end to both of those ends in case CGM rejects the timeframe.

Lastly, based on the sheer mass gained alone, it would be above 7-C based on this page.

Looks good. But I'd also do a low-end using the other method you used to calculate mass. And on top of that, I'd add a 5 second low-end to both of those ends in case CGM rejects the timeframe.

Lastly, based on the sheer mass gained alone, it would be above 7-C based on this page.
Ok how do I factor in 5 seconds? Im using like kinetic energy calculator but doesnt factor in different seconds so unsure how.

Ok how do I factor in 5 seconds? Im using like kinetic energy calculator but doesnt factor in different seconds so unsure how.
Speed is just Distance divided by time. 2202/5 = 440.4 m/s

You did the same when you assumed one second instead of 5. Oh, also remember to add Undead Unluck tag to the blog.

Only change I'd make is adding that you're adding a 5 second low-end since that's not stated in the blog, you only stated you are doing a 1 second end. Oh, and depending on how the staff works, the KE may need to be divided by two to account for both characters. But that's ONLY assuming the staff works by feeding their own power to the staff to make it extend. Not sure if that's how it works. If that's not how it works, then the full yield for the staff is fine.

As for scaling, how does the staff work? Does this scale to anyone, does the staff ever get bigger than in the manga?

Oh, and if it's fine, can I edit the verse page? I'd simply like to revise the calc layout a bit so it's easier to understand and looks more professional.

Only change I'd make is adding that you're adding a 5 second low-end since that's not stated in the blog, you only stated you are doing a 1 second end. Oh, and depending on how the staff works, the KE may need to be divided by two to account for both characters. But that's ONLY assuming the staff works by feeding their own power to the staff to make it extend. Not sure if that's how it works. If that's not how it works, then the full yield for the staff is fine.

As for scaling, how does the staff work? Does this scale to anyone, does the staff ever get bigger than in the manga?
So the staff basically works via the user applying I assume their willpower or some other unknown natural power to increase it's size.
0067-003.png

And since it's kinda hard to prove it can scale to ap I would scale it to lifting strength.

And here is the staff extending far into space which would probably scale below the feat he did here going by context but Idk how realisitic that would be to assume

Back