• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undead Unluck Discussion Thread

Also Shouldn't the Nyoi-Kinko Staff be just flat out low 7-B via scaling to its own feat + it clashing with the Zuishin Zekkan Rod that has a low 7-B feat and if it's just flat out low 7-B, then Andy should scale to it

Also Shouldn't the Nyoi-Kinko Staff be just flat out low 7-B via scaling to its own feat + it clashing with the Zuishin Zekkan Rod that has a low 7-B feat and if it's just flat out low 7-B, then Andy should scale to it
It should have 7-B dura, not AP, as the strength of the staff is dependent on the user. But it SHOULD be as durable as its best showing as it clearly has the durability to survive its KE unless there's evidence the staff becomes more durable based on the user too or smth.

Andy gets pierced by the Zuishin staff so he wouldn’t scale to it at all.

Ok so I just remembered that Shen literally stops the Zuishin Rod lmao. The verse at least past Shen would be Low 7-B. I'll likely make a crt for it soon but damn Low 7-B UU.

Ok so I just remembered that Shen literally stops the Zuishin Rod lmao. The verse at least past Shen would be Low 7-B. I'll likely make a crt for it soon but damn Low 7-B UU.
Of course, leave it to shen to upgrade the verse lol

It seems like more people could be upgraded if you scaled people off of this

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Arkenis/Shen's_Staff's_Speed

If it's true the staff grows in size (and thus gains its KE from) a person exerting their power/energy/etc. into it, than the user who pulled off that feat would scale to Island level.

It seems like more people could be upgraded if you scaled people off of this

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Arkenis/Shen's_Staff's_Speed

If it's true the staff grows in size (and thus gains its KE from) a person exerting their power/energy/etc. into it, than the user who pulled off that feat would scale to Island level.
Unfortunately its not very consistent with whats shown. Andy isn't able to tank the staff later on from Shen and Mui and its much smaller in the instance than now.

Unfortunately its not very consistent with whats shown. Andy isn't able to tank the staff later on from Shen and Mui and its much smaller in the instance than now.
It would simply mean more speed was put into the KE of the staff to harm him. Meaning the staff that harmed him later on upscales from the Island level value.

Wondering what other feats the series hasn't had calcs done for

Like the unchange cloud split feat that could be island level

Like the unchange cloud split feat that could be island level
Could it? The clouds are storm clouds so it very well may be. Also another feat is seal possibly pulling in clouds from nowhere during his fight, that's definitely high.

Why not, doesn't the staffs power depend on the power of the user? In the low 7-B feat, it was done by both users exerting their force into the staff to make it that strong.
They didn't make it that strong, they made it expand that large and fast which ended up giving a tier the staff can reach but on it's own and on their own they wouldn't scale to it. And it's really never stated they can increase its overall power via something unknown which is likely just their will not their strength. Whether they scale is really unknown.
0067-003.png

They didn't make it that strong, they made it expand that large and fast which ended up giving a tier the staff can reach but on it's own and on their own they wouldn't scale to it. And it's really never stated they can increase its overall power via something unknown which is likely just their will not their strength. Whether they scale is really unknown.
0067-003.png
The size and speed obviously vary per user, thus it scales to the users AP. It seems even more obvious that it takes the users energy or force to use the staff given it's stated in the panel shown to put a huge strain on the user in bigger operations. The girl followed up by saying both of them using it would double the staffs output. It seems obvious, at least from the scan you sent that the staffs power (Which is derived from size and speed) is dependent on the user/users, takes a toll on them if, and can double in output if used by two people.

The size and speed obviously vary per user, thus it scales to the users AP. It seems even more obvious that it takes the users energy or force to use the staff given it's stated in the panel shown to put a huge strain on the user in bigger operations. The girl followed up by saying both of them using it would double the staffs output. It seems obvious, at least from the scan you sent that the staffs power (Which is derived from size and speed) is dependent on the user/users, takes a toll on them if, and can double in output if used by two people.
Yeah but how it's done and if it scales isn't a known thing, it isn't as though they use some sort of special energy to do it and would end up scaling back to them physically. Like it can be an entirely mental/will based thing and completely ignore any physical strength needed for it.

Yeah but how it's done and if it scales isn't a known thing, it isn't as though they use some sort of special energy to do it and would end up scaling back to them physically. Like it can be an entirely mental/will based thing and completely ignore any physical strength needed for it.
Are stronger characters consistently shown to make it more powerful than weaker users? If yes, I'd say it seems obvious its just some unexplained power/energy they're putting into the staff. If the users strength doesn't matter, than sure, it could be will or something I guess (Tho I'm not sure how that'd put a strain on the user if they're just willing the staff to whatever extent they want).

Are stronger characters consistently shown to make it more powerful than weaker users? If yes, I'd say it seems obvious its just some unexplained power/energy they're putting into the staff. If the users strength doesn't matter, than sure, it could be will or something I guess (Tho I'm not sure how that'd put a strain on the user if they're just willing the staff to whatever extent they want).
The bigger the operation the more strain on the users mental to constantly keep it at a certain mass is my best guess. The verse is very heavy on one's imagination being strengthened for most of their hax to be greater or improved.

Another thing is that Mui isn't some powerful character in the verse like at all, so her being island level just wouldn't follow. there's even other stuff such as the characters like Billy bringing up the use of nukes to kill the umas instead of just ******* them all up with island level ap.

Another thing is that Mui isn't some powerful character in the verse like at all, so her being island level just wouldn't follow.
Just because she isn't presented as very strong (Unless she has consistent anti-feats or smth) wouldn't mean she can't be Island level. It just means other characters either upscale greatly, or scale to a greater feat (i.e. that cloud splitting feat I calc'd that got Small Country level or whatever).
Another thing is that Mui isn't some powerful character in the verse like at all, so her being island level just wouldn't follow. there's even other stuff such as the characters like Billy bringing up the use of nukes to kill the umas instead of just ******* them all up with island level ap.
Could just mean Nukes heavily upscale from Island level. No reason to limit the fictional verse to nukes of our world. Of course if they have a stated yield of like Megatons, than sure, that's an issue.

Just because she isn't presented as very strong (Unless she has consistent anti-feats or smth) wouldn't mean she can't be Island level. It just means other characters either upscale greatly, or scale to a greater feat (i.e. that cloud splitting feat I calc'd that got Small Country level or whatever).

Could just mean Nukes heavily upscale from Island level. No reason to limit the fictional verse to nukes of our world. Of course if they have a stated yield of like Megatons, than sure, that's an issue.
Those are big assumptions though. Nukes greater than island level, a regular human just happens to be island level as well. If there was consistent 7-A scaling prior and a blatant reason for how the increase of the staff was also linked to one’s strength then sure this would make more sense but right now these characters aren’t that powerful and this single justification lacks concrete reasoning. It’s not that I’m limiting the verse’s nukes to irl, it’s more that the world in UU isn’t a very advance world to just casually have island level missiles, and the author tries to portray the world as in our time (2020) and has made it clear the technological advances we see are mainly exclusive to the Union and they then are also shown to not be massively advanced either, at least not to the point they’re capable of dealing with island level threats.

And you brought up Top, Top’s feat is only possible due to him having the suit, otherwise he would’ve died due to how his ability works and other’s would have died at that speed too.

Those are big assumptions though. Nukes greater than island level, a regular human just happens to be island level as well.
The Nuke thing isn't a problem. The person in the feat being a regular human is. Wasn't aware of that. Haven't read the series yet. Figured they were some character with superhuman physical characteristics. If she was just a ordinary human, I'd be inclined to agree with you.

And you brought up Top, Top’s feat is only possible due to him having the suit, otherwise he would’ve died due to how his ability works and other’s would have died at that speed too.
From what I recall, there was a scene where he was shown to be losing or fighting someone WITH the suit on, which the person would need to scale to in order to damage the suit.

The Nuke thing isn't a problem. The person in the feat being a regular human is. Wasn't aware of that. Haven't read the series yet. Figured they were some character with superhuman physical characteristics. If she was just a ordinary human, I'd be inclined to agree with you.
She's a regular human who is strong but she isn't strong in any meaningful way if that makes sense. It's like comparing Kakashi to Hokage Naruto.
From what I recall, there was a scene where he was shown to be losing or fighting someone WITH the suit on, which the person would need to scale to in order to damage the suit.
Its unknown what happened during the fight. And considering who he fought the person could've outhaxxed him greatly.

She's a regular human who is strong but she isn't strong in any meaningful way if that makes sense. It's like comparing Kakashi to Hokage Naruto.
Sadly don't get the analogy as I haven't read or watched Naruto (Not since I was little anyway).

Is she an ordinary human, or does she have inhuman strength?
Its unknown what happened during the fight. And considering who he fought the person could've outhaxxed him greatly.
That's possible, but if the armor was damaged at all, it'd likely just mean they had the physical means of damaging the armor. Tho I can't remember the panel, so I can't ascertain if they did.

Sadly don't get the analogy as I haven't read or watched Naruto (Not since I was little anyway).

Is she an ordinary human, or does she have inhuman strength?
Inhuman. Im rereading the manga and I forgot so much.

Mui just doesn't scale to Feng or Shen physically. She gets kicked and knocked out by a casual Feng. What you'd be arguing is that Mui ended up scaling to Jiangshi Shen who got stronger from his human form and Mui just also got amped to be on his level, the issue is that nothing happens for her to become on par with Shen or Feng. Another implication for her being weaker is that even after getting Untruth, Shen's ability, she still doesn't try to fight Feng though through your argument she would be on his level and ofc 2 is better than 1.
0060-007.png

Back