• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undead Defiance: The Jammed vs The Vengeful

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the Lich dies, the Gungeon is reloaded (as in, time is reset for it). This is Kaliber's method of keeping the Lich alive, cursed to remain immortal.

Does Mercer counter that? I'd believe it, I just am not as familiar with the verse as I once was.

Doesn't the consumption pretty explicitly kill the target? Also I thought Alex had to smack around a comprable for for a bit before they would be open.

I remember needing to do that to black watch super soldiers. Also I'm pretty sure Alex and the Supreme Hunter were the only Blacklight creatures in P1, everyone else was just redlight iirc.

Mr. Bambu said:
When the Lich dies, the Gungeon is reloaded (as in, time is reset for it). This is Kaliber's method of keeping the Lich alive, cursed to remain immortal.

Does Mercer counter that? I'd believe it, I just am not as familiar with the verse as I once was.
But, if that's the case then how was the Lich beaten by the player?

Not permanently. Every time you win, the dungeon still always remains.

Wokistan said:
Not permanently. Every time you win, the dungeon still always remains.
Yeah, but the player still got the Gun That Can Kill The Past right? How did that happen? Sorry, I'm not familiar with Enter the Gungeon.

You don't get the gun and lich in the same run, you either go to your past or bullet hell. You get the bullet in the forge, which is before both of them.

Wokistan said:
You don't get the gun and lich in the same run, you either go to your past or bullet hell. You get the bullet in the forge, which is before both of them.
So.... how does the Lich run end? Do you just fight him forever or what?

Lich run ends with you killing it, then gungeon resetting. From there, start your new run. Someone also shoots the gun that can kill the past at him, but it's probably kaliber as obtaining the gun and going to bullet hell are contradictory events.

I find it funny that Mercer is doing this to get the gun but can't since he's fighting the Lich.

Does this mean that time rewind resurrection isn't combat applicable? Time will rewind to a point long before Mercer and Lich even met and make it entirely possible for the fight not to happen at all.

Oh. Hey.

@Wright No. The Gungeon is weird. It resets to the beginning of your time in the Gungeon. If we take that literally (as in, time for a standard run), that's a few hours, and all of the Gungeon is reset. The only mention of a way to break this chain of events I have found is being a pacifist (as in, not killing anything) and taking the Gun That Can Kill The Past.

There's a lot of item-based lore in the game I've been reading through. I can post what I've got on the Lich rn if you like, though it is a few paragraphs and it isn't very organized.

Bump for bedtime

Bumping again because I keep forgetting about this.

Also, question. The main argument for Mercer was presented by Garg, who is voting Lich. Would this invalidate current votes, d'ya think?

Bump

@Garg

"The powers and abilities from the Force Multiplier DLCs are non-canon, as they do not make sense in the context of the story and mostly serve as a means to allow the player wreak more havoc during gameplay. If they are to be used in a versus match, then it should be stated in the OP"

Well. I mean generally speaking, I just don't like non-canon stuff. Matter of principle more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back