• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't think the first two can work on a inorganic robot like Zombot Shadow, I guess hamon can work, however does it bypass regen of beings that aren't already weak to sunlight?

They would have to vote again, but their votes should be removed since absorption doesn't work in inorganic beings

Also the Pillar men rarely used absorption in character they did it like twice then just stopped using it in favor of using their respective modes
It's passive. It's not that they only used it twice, it's that every character they ended up interacting with resisted it, this was established as far back as Santana.
The acid manip is by all accounts always up, it just doesnt work if you have Hamon.
(The Mark example is ironically a good example of that, they didn't even realize he was there, he was just in the way and got hit by the passive, they didn't even register they killed him initially).

Why's that? Acid is acid. Metal isn't immune to corrosive substances like acid.
Stick a pin into a vat of hydrochloric acid, it won't last. And mind you, this is Ult Kars, he has every type of natural acid on the planet at his disposal now.
If it's a matter of how long it'd take, Kars has the LS advantage, by far, he can restrain for as long as he needs, liquid state or not.

Because inorganic characters like Stroheim could touch Kars and not be absorbed by him, the bullets that he fired also didn't get absorbed as well, so the most likely conclusion is that he can't absorbe inorganic beings, unless you have another example of when that happened

Mark? It isn't like clothes are entirely natural. There does exist synthetic material, and sometimes even things like metal or plastic on like zippers or buttons or whatever. To be precise, he was wearing a metal cross with the Nazi insignia in the manga, which got eaten by Wham given it was part of the half that vanished upon contact.

Even ignoring that, along with the bit of the chain seemingly. Obviously metals are gonna be harder to corrode compared to flesh, but they'll be corroded none the less, it'll just take longer. But as said, Ult Kars can easily restrain him, it's Class 5 vs. basically Class M. Kars can just engulf around him.

Mark? It isn't like clothes are entirely natural. There does exist synthetic material, and sometimes even things like metal or plastic on like zippers or buttons or whatever.
Clothes are not the same as a being made of metal, since a cyborg could touch Kars and not be absorbed, unless you can explain that part out

I guess he can just hold down Shadow and slowly corrode him with acid, since I am arguing that one touch isn't going to absorbe him since it didn't with the only other cyborg character in the verse, but wouldn't Shadow just regen then?

Clothes are not the same as a being made of metal, since a cyborg could touch Kars and not be absorbed, unless you can explain that part out

No but a giant metal cross on said clothes that got absorbed, is indeed metal.
Stroheim is the last example you gonna wanna use, as mentioned above, he was made to kill the Pillar Men, which he says he'd need to do by shredding them down to pieces as small as 1cm2, while referring to physical contact initially. Kinda hard to do that if you aren't composed of a metal that is resilient to the acid manip, which the nazi's knew they could do as they seen them do it. It isn't said he resists that, but it can definitely be inferred, especially if we seen prior that they can absorb metals.

but wouldn't Shadow just regen then?

The regen on the page suggests they simply reform, the more cells of Shadow that gets dissolved and assimilated would mean less to regen from over time.

Hell doing some rough math, it should only take about 1m to acid hax, comparing the medal to Shadow's mass, the time frame involved and inflating that for the new mass, Ignoring Kars Ult acid would be better. So it's definitely gonna be troublesome, it's a matter of, could Kars restrain him for that long?

If we go the route that Kars can shift his cells back then he possibly could with his like 200x LS advantage.

No but a giant metal cross on said clothes that got absorbed, is indeed metal.
Scan pls?
Kinda hard to do that if you aren't composed of a metal that is resilient to the acid manip, which the nazi's knew they could do as they seen them do it. It isn't said he resists that, but it can definitely be inferred, especially if we seen prior that they can absorb metals.
This feels like an assumption, and assumptions need proof, Stroheim statment could simple be about beating him in AP, which was what he stated even, and even then if we are assuming there are metal that can resist it then why is the assumption that the metal virus metal is the one who doesn't resist, afterall Tails nor Eggman ever suggest using acid instead of making a cure, if we are making assumptions anything is fair. Also there's the fact that Stroheim made the suit based on Santana's hax, since everyone is saying Kars is better (and it definitvely is) then Stroheim's shouldn't even worked

Hell doing some rough math, it should only take about 1m to acid hax, comparing the medal to Shadow's mass, the time frame involved and inflating that for the new mass, Ignoring Kars Ult acid would be better. So it's definitely gonna be troublesome, it's a matter of, could Kars restrain him for that long?

If we go the route that Kars can shift his cells back then he possibly could with his like 200x LS advantage.
Yeah, there's the fact that the more he touches Shadow the more infected he gets, meaning that doing what you said here:
Kars can just engulf around him.
Is going to infect him in an instant

They would have to vote again, but their votes should be removed since absorption doesn't work in inorganic beings
okay i'm having trouble keeping track of everything, can someone tell me who voted what? which votes should be retracted, and who changed their votes?

Scan pls?
Literally gave you the scan? It's only in the manga, but he has a metal cross with the Nazi insignia on his chest, Wham ate it when he knocked in him, along with the other 60% of his body, clothes, and the like.
This feels like an assumption, and assumptions need proof, Stroheim statement could simple be about beating him in AP, which was what he stated even, and even then if we are assuming there are metal that can resist it then why is the assumption that the metal virus metal is the one who doesn't resist, afterall Tails nor Eggman ever suggest using acid instead of making a cure, if we are making assumptions anything is fair.

It is an assumption, a good one. He's stronger then Santana, and was made to be able to kill the Pillar Men. Are we going to assume the Nazi's made a cyborg made to fight and throw hands with ancient aztec gods who melt and dissolve things on contact, without factoring in that maybe the metal should be made resilent to the things it was specifically designed to kill by tearing apart?
Because why would the metal virus resist it? Unlike Stroheim, the metal virus wasn't explicitly shown in contact with the acid creature and wasn't designed for regular contact with it. And yes, I'm sure Eggman and Tails would prefer making a cure over trying to toss every zombot into a pool of powerful acid which they may not even have of that caliber. If it was a matter of simply getting rid of the virus, they could have just used nukes given I don't think the 8-A metals could survive direct bombardment from the high end nuclear devices the Sonic verse has, but that wasn't an option either. I'm led to assume that Eggman and Tails were saying what's actually reasonably possible and they could pull off and a cure would be the best route of action.

Also there's the fact that Stroheim made the suit based on Santana's hax, since everyone is saying Kars is better (and it definitvely is) then Stroheim's shouldn't even worked

Stroheim is like, nearly twice as strong as Santana, it's not exactly close. Also Ult Kars is where the real boost comes in.

Yeah, there's the fact that the more he touches Shadow the more infected he gets, meaning that doing what you said here:Is going to infect him in an instant

So we're not going with the fact Kars can and explicitly has the ability to control and shift his cellular structure at will anymore? Why's that?

Either way, you wanted an example of him being able to absorb metal, you got it.

okay i'm having trouble keeping track of everything, can someone tell me who voted what? which votes should be retracted, and who changed their votes?
Any FRA before the post you quoted, since they were just "absorption" gg, except maybe Chariot's since he is giving further reasoning

Any FRA before the post you quoted, since they were just "absorption" gg, except maybe Chariot's since he is giving further reasoning
I never actually voted nor will I, I'm just giving Kars an argument and basis for votes, I don't really partake in vs matches usually, this one isn't that bad though so figured may as well.

Literally gave you the scan? It's only in the manga, but he has a metal cross with the Nazi insignia on his chest, Wham ate it when he knocked in him, along with the other 60% of his body, clothes, and the like.
Apologies, it somehow slipped my mind, yeah, I guess he can absorbe metal and that Stroheim just resists it
It is an assumption, a good one. He's stronger then Santana, and was made to be able to kill the Pillar Men. Are we going to assume the Nazi's made a cyborg made to fight and throw hands with ancient aztec gods who melt and dissolve things on contact, without factoring in that maybe the metal should be made resilent to the things it was specifically designed to kill by tearing apart?
Because why would the metal virus resist it? Unlike Stroheim, the metal virus wasn't explicitly shown in contact with the acid creature and wasn't designed for regular contact with it. And yes, I'm sure Eggman and Tails would prefer making a cure over trying to toss every zombot into a pool of powerful acid which they may not even have of that caliber. If it was a matter of simply getting rid of the virus, they could have just used nukes given I don't think the 8-A metals could survive direct bombardment from the high end nuclear devices the Sonic verse has, but that wasn't an option either. I'm led to assume that Eggman and Tails were saying what's actually reasonably possible and they could pull off.
Fair enough except for the nukes part, IDW is only tier 8 because we don't scale to canon, but it is implied the game events happened that would probably give everyone scaling above nukes in verse, however Eggman would definitvely try to kill them all with Ian's writting, but he probably couldn't since he lacked the resources at the time, so I concede Ult Kars can absorbe the zombot
So we're not going with the fact Kars can and explicitly has the ability to control and shift his cellular structure at will anymore? Why's that?
Because I don't think he is even going to have the time to shift, we have seen in IDW that pretty much engulfing them in the virus converts them immediately in contact, like when Eggman engulfed a city with it (finding the scan)

Because I don't think he is even going to have the time to shift, we have seen in IDW that pretty much engulfing them in the virus converts them immediately in contact, like when Eggman engulfed a city with it (finding the scan)

Kars can instantly shift his cells though? It's basically instant after he got the hang of it, he can even shift the cells from parts that aren't connected to him directly, such as with the feathers turning into armadillo shells and then into fish and then into octopi, and I've been assuming he could shift even after they've been turned, as outlined above, Kars could change his body from immaterial substances back and forth even in base, and in Ultimate, it's now on a cellular scale. As long as he isn't 100% instantly effected all at once, he should be able to go back would he not?

a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶e̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶n̶d̶i̶v̶i̶d̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶c̶e̶l̶l̶s̶ ̶e̶x̶u̶d̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶c̶i̶d̶,̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶i̶c̶u̶l̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶n̶y̶ ̶c̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶i̶z̶e̶d̶ ̶d̶r̶o̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶o̶n̶f̶i̶g̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶e̶l̶l̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶m̶e̶d̶?̶
Because it's explicitly noted every cell is what makes the acid.

this is like my first ever thread to gain enough traction that i'm having trouble keeping track of the votes, just a sign that i made a good matchup for once

Kars can instantly shift his cells though? It's basically instant after he got the hang of it, he can even shift the cells from parts that aren't connected to him directly, such as with the feathers turning into armadillo shells and then into fish and then into octopi, and I've been assuming he could shift even after they've been turned, as outlined above, Kars could change his body from immaterial substances back and forth even in base, and in Ultimate, it's now on a cellular scale. As long as he isn't 100% instantly effected all at once, he should be able to go back would he not?

a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶e̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶n̶d̶i̶v̶i̶d̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶c̶e̶l̶l̶s̶ ̶e̶x̶u̶d̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶c̶i̶d̶,̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶i̶c̶u̶l̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶n̶y̶ ̶c̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶i̶z̶e̶d̶ ̶d̶r̶o̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶o̶n̶f̶i̶g̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶e̶l̶l̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶m̶e̶d̶?̶
Because it's explicitly noted every cell is what makes the acid.
Here are the examples of what I was talking about in issue 16:
Idw_1.jpg

IDW_2.jpg

I don't know if there are "cell sized" drones, it's kinda just a liquid that converts people that touches it, it's never really implied there's a limited amount since the Zombots eventually convert everything into them, even a minor touche can convert someone into it, so I don't know man

I don't know if there are "cell sized" drones, it's kinda just a liquid that converts people that touches it, it's never really implied there's a limited amount since the Zombots eventually convert everything into them, even a minor touche can convert someone into it, so I don't know man
Ignoring the first one because I doubt Shadow can pull off what is essentially a few ten thousand tons of the shit dropping on his foe. The second example is actually kinda what I was thinking, it isn't instant, it looked like it took at least a few seconds for it to effect him fully, assuming this is Kars in the condition right before he got space'd (would have to, he has Hamon), he can shift his cells faster then that I'd say.

Also in a earlier scan you posted, was there not a tiny drone shown next to cells with like a saw and the like when talking about the virus? I was under the impression the virus was tiny drones like that and the drones reconfigure and splice the cells based on that.

Also in a earlier scan you posted, was there not a tiny drone shown next to cells with like a saw and the like when talking about the virus? I was under the impression the virus was tiny drones like that and the drones reconfigure and splice the cells based on that.
Yeah there was and you are completely right:
image0.jpg

Ignoring the first one because I doubt Shadow can pull off what is essentially a few ten thousand tons of the shit dropping on his foe.
That's because touching a zombot like what you are implying Kars will do have the same effect, going through the comic right now to find a similar example

Edit: There's a similar example with Charmy, but we don't see him being actually infected

22.jpg

I'm aware that touching them will infect too, i was just saying touching isn't like 1 to 100 instantly, takes a few seconds at least.

Though, now that we have it confirmed they're tiny drones, would each and every single cell of Kars being able to and for the most part, passively exuding a corrosive acid hinder the drone in anyway?

Though, now that we have it confirmed they're tiny drones, would each and every single cell of Kars being able to and for the most part, passively exuding a corrosive acid hinder the drone in anyway?
Yeah, it's a virus and if every cell can fight it off then I don't think he can be infected in the first place, so I guess he slowly corrodes Shadow down using his LS while fighting off the infection, maybe Shadow would have standed a chance if he wasn't a mindless brute in this form

If Shadow wasn't mindless I'd have assumed he could of even won. A lot of this is only possible because of the big intel nerf. **** doesn't Shadow have teleportation normally? Kars doesn't like that, that could be a wincondition if used properly.

Also didn’t AC/DC Walk barefoot on top of spikes to where it went through his feet yet the spikes were completely unaffected?

Yes, and? His acid manip isn't constantly melting his clothes either and we know damn well it can. Hell, Esidisi's blood was at like 600c the entire fight too but the spikes weren't beginning to heat up either. Ignoring the fact Esidisi was actively making use of them to his benefit.

We know the acid can effect metals, we know Kars is strong enough to restrain Shadow due to his LS, we know Kars can control his cells completely and manipulate their state, we know every single cell can exude a corrosive acid making it difficult for drones to even effect them.
And because this is Ultimate Kars, even if you want to say for some reason he can't effect metals with his acids, when we know he can, Kars has literally millions of acids at his disposal, he can just pick one that would work, and believe me, there's thousands of natural occurring acids that can **** of metals and steel with prolonged exposure, Kars versions >>>> those ones.

Either way you slice it, even if you want to ignore the fact they can corrode steel, everything is in play for it to work for Ult Kars.

Back