• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tyrian Callows, Possible Upgrade (?)

Now, I'm new to this wiki, so I don't have the most knowledge about how proceedings usually go, but I thought I would bring this up. After viewing the Qrow vs Tyrian fight from RWBY Vol. 4 again, I think Tyrian could be a little more powerful than he's currently rated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AadJxdYQR-M&t=213s (Full fight)

Now, I agree with the rating on Tyrian's page that he can keep up with Qrow in pretty much all regards, as the fight shows that neither could really hit each other until Qrow lost his weapon. However, once their fight moves into the house, we don't get to see what happens until we see Qrow flung from the house and Tyrian following, both of them with their Auras depleted.

Based on video evidence, I believe that Tyrian managed to deplete all or most of Qrow's Aura in one blow.

Before the camera cuts to Ruby observing from the roof nearby, we catch a brief glimpse of Tyrian falling through an upper floor of the house while dragging Qrow with him. Based on their positions, I believe Qrow managed to land on Tyrian and get in at least one hit. That, combined with going through the floor, could have broken Tyrian's Aura. However, we cut to the wall exploding and Qrow being flung through with his Aura broken after Ruby gets closer, hence why I believe Tyrian did it in one shot.

Now, I could be wrong about the whole thing and I doubt it will bring Tyrian's rating up a tier, probably only adding a little more force to his max AP at best. I just believe I noticed a detail worth discussing.

Back