• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tyranitar vs. Nonon Jakuzure

Well, first off, I don't know where Johta is, unless you mean this location Google Maps found for me.
JohtaOnGoogleMaps
In which case, I don't know what that poor Indian village did to you.

But whatever. My vote goes to Nonon here. I like Tyranitar, but it lacks the means to combat an opponent with flight effectively. For a ranged battle, it can use Dark Pulse, which is STAB, may make Nonon flinch, Sandstorm, Hyper Beam, and maybe Rock Slide.

However....

In a speed equalized match, we don't know if either side is able to dodge Nonon's Sound-based attacks -or Tyranitar's Screech- as 1 is Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Mach 4500+. Can keep up with Nui and Ryuko) & the other is Unknow.

Does their speed get equalized for them to be able to evade Sound?

Whether or not they can doesn't change the outcome much, IMHO, though; Just how difficult it is for Nonon.

Nonon has missiles, whatever it is she killed those COVERs with ( http://i.imgur.com/BXJ6F28.gif ), & sound attacks as well as Flight, & her Above Average intelligence may be enough to combat Tyranitar's intelligence.

Tyranitar's Dark Pulse, depending on which depiction we're using is its most reliable ranged offense. Rock Slide probably won't be too effective.

Hyper Beam would be very destructive... if Nonon couldn't easily dodge it. And when she does, Tyranitar having to be inactive from using HB gives Nonon a big opening to exploit.

Rock Slide is probably too limited range to be Super-Effective on this flying opponent.

Sandstorm gives cover, &, if we're employing mechanics, increased durability against non-Physical attacks. But it's temporary, & with explosions, sound waves & more, the sand can probably be glassed or blasted away.

For all Tyranitar's literal landscape reshaping power, I doubt Nonon is cocky enough to go close to it too often.

And perhaps the biggest problem is that this is Tyranitar.

Note its Attack Potency & Durability statistics:

Attack Potency: At least Mountain level (Can crumble great mountains simply by walking. Its pre-evolution, Pupitar, is already capable of destroying mountains just by thrashing about, and Tyranitar is immensely more powerful) | At least Mountain level, likely higher (Significantly stronger than its base)

Durability:
At least Mountain level | At least Mountain level, likely higher

Tyranitar's strongest keys are from its Mega Evolution, Mega-Tyranitar.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mega_Evolution#Mega_Evolving

In order to Mega Evolve, most Pokémon must be holding their appropriate Mega Stone and the Trainer must have a Key Stone. Only Rayquaza does not need a Mega Stone to Mega Evolve; instead, it must know the move Dragon Ascent.

Rayquaza is the only exception, so presumably, even if this Tyranitar DOES have a Mega Stone, it still needs a trainer it has bonded with, who, themselves, has a Key Stone, before it can Mega Evolve.

Meanwhile, against Tyranitar's simple "At least Mountain level" AP & Dura ratings, Nonon has, as her highest AP & Dura ratings.

Attack Potency: At least Mountain level, possibly higher (One-shot a large amount of COVERs, as well as several of Nui's clones. Each COVER/clone being able to casually stomp than her previous form)

Durability: At least Mountain level, possibly higher

Without being able to Mega Evolve, Tyranitar faces an opponent who has a good chance of having better stats than it (Unless we see numbers, such as from calcs saying otherwise.) who can fly out of range and pelt it with all sorts of ranged attacks of her own.

We also don't know if Tyranitar has any hope of being able to dodge sound attacks, as this is MHS & Unknown in Speed Equalized, & the only sound move it uses is for Statistics Modification that will reduce physical defense. By a great amount, yes, but almost certainly irrelevant when Nonon will probably just avoid any physical attacks.

Tyranitar's own range in the meantime is either similar in effectiveness (Dark Pulse), or impractical in the case of the rest of it, since Rock Slide might not reach, & Hyper Beam is a very powerful beam that Nonon can dodge, while leaving Tyranitar unable to move.

It may be worth considering that Sound-based moves (Sonicboom, Hyper Voice, Boom Burst, Supersonic, Sing, Uproar, etc.) have usually been Normal-type, though, & explosives are likely Normal or Fire-type, though.

So Tyranitar may be able to gain an advantage through resisting a lot of Nonon's attacks? I doubt it can hit back that much, though, except maybe with Dark Pulse.

Sandstorm's cover & durability aid may help, & its possible sand whirling around may impede Nonon's flight, but otherwise....

Tyranitar's best hopes are its Immense Stamina rating beating Nonon's High rating, getting lots of flinches with Dark Pulse (& maybe Rock Slide) & the hope that it can match a flying opponent in a battle of ranged attacks....

Although I suppose it may be able to get a win via attrition, through possibly higher stamina, Sandstorm buffing its non-physical durability, resistances to a lot of Nonon's attacks, & maybe spamming Dark Pulse/Rock Slide for flinching

....Or maybe if Nonon is arrogant/stupid enough to go in melee range of the landscape-reshaper lizard.

In summary:

My vote goes to Nonon, Medium-High Difficulty.

So long as her stamina holds out, Flight, & better ranged attack options against a grounded opponent, possibly better Intelligence, uncertainty if Speed Equalized allows for sound-dodging this match, & Tyranitar being unable to Mega Evolve meaning Nonon may outclass it in AP & Dura are my reasons.

Lol, I thought Johta was some town in Pokemon.

Also, this is Mega Tyranitar who's listed as 'At least Mountain level, likely higher'. I assume Mega Tyranitar is Mega Evolved Tyranitar?

Yes, Mega Tyranitar is Mega Evolved Tyranitar, but Mega Evolution is a temporary state, & to achieve it, the Pokemon needs the species appropriate Mega Stone (Tyranitarite for Tyranitar.) and a strong bond with a trainer, with said trainer also themselves posessing a Key Stone.

The only WILD Pokemon EVER to be Mega Evolved (AFAIK) is Rayquaza, in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, & it's a Legendary Pokemon, not to mention the master of its own trio (Superior to Groudon & Kyogre, but still a part of the Weather Trio.) & Rayquaza itself still needs to fulfill its own unique condition of knowing Dragon Ascent in order to be able to Mega Evolve; Even if it knew the move before, if Rayquaza doesn't know MA it isn't capable of becoming Mega Rayquaza.

The only Pokemon able to learn DA, which is what enables Rayquaza's ME (& as far as is known, only Rayquaza's ME.) if you're wondering, is Smeargle, which has a specific gimmick of being able to learn (almost) any move through Sketch, its own exclusive move.

Bottom line, unless this Tyranitar: A. Has a trainer, or B. Just can because some random omniscient being acting solely for that purpose within this VsBattle wills it, Tyranitar isn't going to be able to Mega Evolve.

That or it's always in Mega form for some equally unexplained reason. Of course, if it can't Mega Evolve here, odds are all it amounts to is the possibility of a slight disadvantage in AP, Durability, & likely SS as well, for Tyranitar. Maybe also Stamina or other stats.

As already mentioned, Tyranitar's profile says:

Attack Potency: At least Mountain level (Can crumble great mountains simply by walking. Its pre-evolution, Pupitar, is already capable of destroying mountains just by thrashing about, and Tyranitar is immensely more powerful) | At least Mountain level, likely higher (Significantly stronger than its base)

Striking Strength: At least Class PJ+ | At least Class PJ+, likely higher

Durability: At least Mountain level | At least Mountain level, likely higher

Put simply, Mega Tyranitar, on our wiki is "At least base Tyranitar's stats, likely higher".

Nonon likewise has plain old Mountain Level keys, but can achieve similar highest ratings of "At least Mountain level, possibly higher" in all those stats, & Lifting Strength, but I don't think she has any restrictions like Mega Evolution.

Hence her advantage by likely/possibly having higher offenses & defenses than Tyranitar in this match, in her strongest form, at least, while her 2nd second strongest is probably close to equal.

Back