• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two Spider-Man Villains duke it out

I'm probably necroposting, but Rhino is specifically stated to be stronger than Spider-Man, and, by extension, Shocker. Rhino's suit also gives him a huge speed and durability boost, while there's nothing to suggest Herman is faster/more durable than an average/peak human.

Yeah I guess this is necro, but as a Spidey fan I think this matchup is interesting enough to cover regardless.

Without the gauntlets, Shocker shouldn't be physically stronger than peak human, if he even makes it to that level. Herman is a fit guy, but he's no superhuman. Rhino is leagues above Spider-Man in terms of strength, not to mention Shocker. He's also a lot faster, and way more durable. We're basically talking about a superhuman VS. a barely peak human. Shocker is definitely smarter, but while he's mechanically adept, he is never exactly portrayed a genius either. Shocker's qauntlets are his only hope here, as Rhino doesn't have an extra resistance to sound. In the end, I'd give it to Rhino, as he edges out Shocker in more ways than vice versa. The odds are too much in his favor.

Voting Rhino before this gets closed because of necro lol

It has scaling, Sandman is equivalent to Rhino.

Technically he has feats of staggering She-Hulk, but outlier.

Also, there is stuff of him collapsing entire sewer tunnels, so.

Not everything exactly needs a calc... sometimes scaling is enough, currently there are like, 3 (soon to be 4) calcs upholding High 8-C.

I've looked up the context, and Sandman wasn't completely taken out by Shocker's blast. On one of the previous pages, he says he has a hard time staying together in water:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/ULjapk5fv...pfDBkZWQSzLD_j6I3meR_hRY2V2jGKlWlDM5RUM=s1600

He was already struggling not to fall apart, and Spidey firing Herman's blast made him lose concentration and crumble. It means that still dealt him some sort of damage, but definitely not enough to classify Shocker as stronger than Spider-Man and equivalent to Rhino.

I mean, did you ignore literally the other scan of him basically almost killing Spider-Man?

Water isn't a relevant enough weakness for Sandman that he can't overcome in seconds, and KOing him through physical force is an impressive feat regardless, warranting a scaling.

Zark2099 said:
I mean, did you ignore literally the other scan of him basically almost killing Spider-Man?
Water isn't a relevant enough weakness for Sandman that he can't overcome in seconds, and KOing him through physical force is an impressive feat regardless, warranting a scaling.
That scan puts him on par with Spider-Man, not physically above him like Rhino.

Also, not a hill I wanna die on, but I dunno why wouldn't water be a weakness for Sandman, it's at the very least clearly stated to be holding him down in this context.

Shocker is smart enough to know how to win this. Like Zark said, he's gonna play it defensively and outrange the shit out of Rhino.

Underrated Spider-Man villain gets my vote

Shocker is canonically cowardly unless pushed. He is very likely to go "OH SHIT IT'S RHINO" and panic first and foremost. And before people bring up the Hammerhead scan, it was a bit of a different situation. While stressful, he still had a few minutes to think things through. Not quite the same as when another supervillain is charging straight onto him. I think Shocker could take this if he was bloodlusted, but in-character he's hardly going to be able to use his intelligence to its fullest in a situation like this. So voting for Rhino.

PeaceOnTheRise said:
Shocker is canonically cowardly unless pushed. He is very likely to go "OH SHIT IT'S RHINO" and panic first and foremost.
And before people bring up the Hammerhead scan, it was a bit of a different situation. While stressful, he still had a few minutes to think things through. Not quite the same as when another supervillain is charging straight onto him. I think Shocker could take this if he was bloodlusted, but in-character he's hardly going to be able to use his intelligence to its fullest in a situation like this. So voting for Rhino.
I think if Herman is confident enough to fight back against Venom, he's not gonna become a coward and stand like a dear in headlights against Rhino. He's gonna fight back

Lonkitt said:
PeaceOnTheRise said:
Shocker is canonically cowardly unless pushed. He is very likely to go "OH SHIT IT'S RHINO" and panic first and foremost.
And before people bring up the Hammerhead scan, it was a bit of a different situation. While stressful, he still had a few minutes to think things through. Not quite the same as when another supervillain is charging straight onto him. I think Shocker could take this if he was bloodlusted, but in-character he's hardly going to be able to use his intelligence to its fullest in a situation like this. So voting for Rhino.
I think if Herman is confident enough to fight back against Venom, he's not gonna become a coward and stand like a dear in headlights against Rhino. He's gonna fight back
I'm not saying he's not going to fight, but his superior intelligence is not going to be as much of a deciding factor.

PeaceOnTheRise said:
Lonkitt said:
PeaceOnTheRise said:
I'm not saying he's not going to fight, but his superior intelligence is not going to be as much of a deciding factor.
That doesn't mean he won't play defensively or not outrange him. Hell, if he's scared, he might be even MORE defensive. Your point doesn't really work here

Back