• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another Another Batch (Daren Timbide, Dorzad ain Vereet, and Gorthok) CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started with going over Gorthok so this is formatted upside down, apologies.

Gorthok: Looks fine, fix the ' before the "Hypersonic".

Dorzad: It occurs to me that you're going down to the fourth decimal for LS, I don't really think that's necessary given how abstract the whole carrying capacity system is. You've listed extreme resistance to one thing and normal resistance to another, when by default we've only used Extreme Resistance for D&D to signify resistances set apart from the default list- why is that? I also dislike describing +x weapons as "Immortality Negation", since even though they do counter Type 9 Immortality that's not really the core function of the weapon, it just hits across multiple planes of existence. It'd be like giving weapons disease manip for wounds being potentially infectious, it just doesn't jive with me. I don't think Dorzad has strong evidence of being a genius.

Daren: Also not a genius. He's a skilled fighter, mark him as such, but he's not a damn genius. I'd prefer Resistances to be placed at the end of P&A sections (referring to his equipment bit). It's an unspoken standard and makes the profile a bit more readable.

Dorzad: It occurs to me that you're going down to the fourth decimal for LS, I don't really think that's necessary given how abstract the whole carrying capacity system is. You've listed extreme resistance to one thing and normal resistance to another, when by default we've only used Extreme Resistance for D&D to signify resistances set apart from the default list- why is that? I also dislike describing +x weapons as "Immortality Negation", since even though they do counter Type 9 Immortality that's not really the core function of the weapon, it just hits across multiple planes of existence. It'd be like giving weapons disease manip for wounds being potentially infectious, it just doesn't jive with me.
I literally just translated pounds to kg, I don't think there is any problem with going to decimals.
As for resistances, it's mainly because I consider them a lesser buff to the innate resistance (It's just a bonus to your save, where the fear one includes an immunity to a condition)
Also you have not commented on this at all in all the other times I have added that so idk why now. But either way I fail to see why it countering the type 9 immorality would not be labelled as immortality negation just because it's not a "core function". It's a power it directly has that is not shared by other stuff. I don't think your comparison is apt for that reason, any weapon that wounds a person can result in an infection, not every weapon can hit multiple planes of existence at once.

Intelligence is nebulous, but for Dorzad at least I think the breadth of expertise he has alone would count for genius considering IRL it'd be like someone who got a degree in multiple fields imo.

That section is gonna be annoying no matter what, because it will either imply that the free movement/extreme resistance is limited or the resistance is not in the end
I consider the latter the lesser of two evils here

I literally just translated pounds to kg, I don't think there is any problem with going to decimals.
As for resistances, it's mainly because I consider them a lesser buff to the innate resistance (It's just a bonus to your save, where the fear one includes an immunity to a condition)
Also you have not commented on this at all in all the other times I have added that so idk why now. But either way I fail to see why it countering the type 9 immorality would not be labelled as immortality negation just because it's not a "core function". It's a power it directly has that is not shared by other stuff. I don't think your comparison is apt for that reason, any weapon that wounds a person can result in an infection, not every weapon can hit multiple planes of existence at once.

Intelligence is nebulous, but for Dorzad at least I think the breadth of expertise he has alone would count for genius considering IRL it'd be like someone who got a degree in multiple fields imo.
I know what you did, I'm saying that because this is all something of an abstraction that going that deep probably isn't accurate or necessary.

Presuming we do get to adding resistances to the profiles later (the universal ones, I mean), we ought to include anything above that under Extreme Resistances, to mark something extraordinary. I think we ought to do that here.

I missed it. And... I just explained it, actually. That's not really an ability it has, it is a mere consequence of its abilities. Your dismantling of my reasoning is also just nonsensical- nobody was arguing every weapon in history can strike across planes of existence, I'm not actually sure where you're going with that train of thought.

He's not a Genius, Tllm, the game gives distinctly defined intelligence levels. If you want to note how skilled he is in combat, that's acceptable. But he's not a genius overall.

Presuming we do get to adding resistances to the profiles later (the universal ones, I mean), we ought to include anything above that under Extreme Resistances, to mark something extraordinary. I think we ought to do that here.
(Doubtful) Anyways fair enough I suppose
I missed it. And... I just explained it, actually. That's not really an ability it has, it is a mere consequence of its abilities. Your dismantling of my reasoning is also just nonsensical- nobody was arguing every weapon in history can strike across planes of existence, I'm not actually sure where you're going with that train of thought.
Fine I'll remove it, although now there are a lot of other pages to edit if that's your stance. So I assume I have approval here to do so yah?
He's not a Genius, Tllm, the game gives distinctly defined intelligence levels. If you want to note how skilled he is in combat, that's acceptable. But he's not a genius overall.
In a general academic sense no, but our intelligence ratings note that you can give a person intelligence ratings in specific fields
So "Above Average (Has an intelligence score of 14), Genius in Combat, Riding, Social Skills, and Stealth (Insert reasoning)" works?

Should probably hear from other D&D guys first but you'd have my approval for that, yes.

Combat skill should be noted, I don't think the others should. I'd also spend time arguing over whether it was truly "genius" but I don't care enough.

Should probably hear from other D&D guys first but you'd have my approval for that, yes.
I'm with you generally. Noting he's skilled is certain areas is one thing, but I don't think listing every skill he's good in is feasible long term. But Genius at combat is fine imo.

I'm with you generally. Noting he's skilled is certain areas is one thing, but I don't think listing every skill he's good in is feasible long term. But Genius at combat is fine imo.
Yeah, I said as much, dude is a reputable general and I don't feel it's super worth arguing over splitting hairs there. I'm fine with genius at combat.

Okay
What is your opinion on the type 9 immortality neg

What is your opinion on the type 9 immortality neg
Imo while not the primary function like Bambu said, the fact that it can counteract and kill things with that rating would give it either specialized NPE or note that it can bypass Type 9.

Alright
So am I free to apply this CRT and remove the type 9 immortality neg from other pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back