• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ravnica Batch (Cyclops, Medusa, Roc) CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Begrudgingly okay with putting the Skyjek Roc on the Roc page even though the two are very distinctly different.

Maedar should have Animate Objects as an ability (Life Manip) if they can really have it, but you don't actually show that in your scans, you just say they can. I continue to notice your influence on the Intelligence sections and dislike it- also, the second key states 17 is "near regular human intelligence"- it should say "near regular human peak intelligence" or something to that effect. Medusa should have their rating reduced to Above Average, given they are lesser than Maedar (12 vs 13). As for the new key: it seems fine, I don't like that you elongate Resistance to Magic from "Resistance to Magic, Reality Warping, Subjective Reality, and Holy Manipulation" to "Extreme Resistance to Magic which also grants Resistance to Reality Warping, Subjective Reality and Holy Manipulation"- the explanations are fine, it's just a bit wordier which seems pointless to me.

You forgot to add the Nixiv tier. You also link them to Cone of Cold casters as a CR 8, but it takes a 9th level caster to use Cone of Cold.

Maedar should have Animate Objects as an ability (Life Manip) if they can really have it, but you don't actually show that in your scans, you just say they can.
It's the possession stuff since they are basically possessing the objects.
Medusa should have their rating reduced to Above Average, given they are lesser than Maedar (12 vs 13).
Eh idk, they are very proficient in disguises to where they have +9/+11, which puts them as masters of that field. Not to mention it's way better at that than the Maedar, and the Medusa is slightly better at stealth than the latter (+8 vs +7 for relevant skills).
The Maedar is just slightly better academically, while in fields where they are directly comparable, the Medusa is better, with disguises being by a huge margin.
As for the new key: it seems fine, I don't like that you elongate Resistance to Magic from "Resistance to Magic, Reality Warping, Subjective Reality, and Holy Manipulation" to "Extreme Resistance to Magic which also grants Resistance to Reality Warping, Subjective Reality and Holy Manipulation"- the explanations are fine, it's just a bit wordier which seems pointless to me.
I think it's better to establish that the latter resistance stems from the former.
You forgot to add the Nixiv tier. You also link them to Cone of Cold casters as a CR 8, but it takes a 9th level caster to use Cone of Cold.
Fixed

It's the possession stuff since they are basically possessing the objects.
Ahh, I see. Alright, fine enough then.

Eh idk, they are very proficient in disguises to where they have +9/+11, which puts them as masters of that field. Not to mention it's way better at that than the Maedar, and the Medusa is slightly better at stealth than the latter (+8 vs +7 for relevant skills).
The Maedar is just slightly better academically, while in fields where they are directly comparable, the Medusa is better, with disguises being by a huge margin.
I don't think any of those numbers are high enough to justify a higher intelligence rating over the stat already gives. Being good at something doesn't necessarily make you more intelligent, it takes extraordinary skill in something for us to recognize it as being an intelligence feat.

I think it's better to establish that the latter resistance stems from the former.
Disagree, and I'd rather you not apply that.

I don't think any of those numbers are high enough to justify a higher intelligence rating over the stat already gives. Being good at something doesn't necessarily make you more intelligent, it takes extraordinary skill in something for us to recognize it as being an intelligence feat.
A person with 20 Charisma and 5 ranks in the skill would still be below Medusa's average skills. I feel like being literally above peak human charm even if they're trained to a decent degree is noteworthy enough.
Disagree, and I'd rather you not apply that.
This is literally not even the first page I did it on
Can I change the wording on other stuff freely from this CRt then if you insist on mine not being swell

A person with 20 Charisma and 5 ranks in the skill would still be below Medusa's average skills. I feel like being literally above peak human charm even if they're trained to a decent degree is noteworthy enough.
A person with 20 Intelligence and 5 ranks (amateur) would not be considered equal to a person with 12 Intelligence and 15 ranks (master) in, say, Dungeoneering, and yet the latter is demonstrably not as intelligent as the former. It turns out, acquiring skills in something tends to surpass overall intelligence.

This is literally not even the first page I did it on
Can I change the wording on other stuff freely from this CRt then if you insist on mine not being swell
I mean, aight, on that first point, and what do you mean by the second'n?

I mean, aight, on that first point, and what do you mean by the second'n?
I want to edit other pages where I put it on like that
A person with 20 Intelligence and 5 ranks (amateur) would not be considered equal to a person with 12 Intelligence and 15 ranks (master) in, say, Dungeoneering, and yet the latter is demonstrably not as intelligent as the former. It turns out, acquiring skills in something tends to surpass overall intelligence.
What about intelligence divide then? Above Average generally, Gifted in acting

I want to edit other pages where I put it on like that

What about intelligence divide then? Above Average generally, Gifted in acting
You can edit other pages for that, aye, it's a basic alteration.

I'd accept that, yes.

Alright all the changes were added, and the thread has been applied. So you can close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back