• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two Legends Meet - Artorias vs The Ivory King

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
In the land of Oolacile, a lone warrior writhes in his madness. His name is Artorias, one of the Four Knights of Gwyn, a legend in his own right. His ramblings are soon interrupted by the loud footsteps of a man entering the vicinity. The Ivory King, they called him; he who plunged deep into the heart of Chaos and was charred beyond recognition. The two warriors locked eyes. The Abysswalker, sworn to eradicate the creatures of the Abyss, and the Burnt King, he who built his throne atop the fires of Hell; both consumed by the very powers they swore to destroy.

The King raised his sword in silence, understanding his adversary's plight. The Abysswalker did the same. The two men would attempt to save the other, releasing them from the shackles that bind. One will stand, forced to carry their burden forevermore, and one will fall, laid to rest after a lifetime of servitude.

He who walks the Abyss vs He who dived into Chaos

Victory via SBA.

tumblr_p5k325U7WA1sp8yqvo1_1280.jpg
EALgIkAXYAYGGE1

Ivory king seems like he has advantage here, has resistance to the darkness manipulation and it also doesn’t seem like Artoria has a win con here

Also of note, the resistances are not as effective as they might appear. Essentially, all Dark Souls characters don't contract poison or curse immediately, which counts as a minor form of resistance. Given that every character would have this meter build-up for all elements, they resist every element to a minor degree.

The Ivory King is more susceptible to Dark than normal so while he would have a resistance, he would be harmed by the Abyss more than a character like Gael.

Hmm, I'm not sure. On one hand, Ivory King is still affected by darkness. On the other hand, there's the meme above

I think I'm leaning towards Artorias but I won't vote just yet

in all honestly while artorias is somewhat more agile I wouldn't say he is a better swordsman especially in this situation with his main arm being totally broken making his swordsmanship suffer as a result not to mention that the influence of the abyss makes him act more like a rabid beast instead of an actual warrior

The ivory king on the other hand seems to posses his faculties when it comes to fighting as he fights you like a swordsmen even buffing his weapon to not just increase its range but damage as well. There is also a fact that scaling wise ivory king should be slightly stronger then artorias somewhat.

I vote ivory king here better fighter (in this situation) arguably stronger and greater reach when it comes to sword range also resistant to the thing that buffs artoriases strength aka the dark.

now if its prime vs prime I'd say artorias since he would be a way better swordsman who was said to be greater then the rest of the 4 knights and as such would be a better fighter then ivory king or at the very least equal to him with better manuvrability and a busted shield

people are just voting arty cuse of nostalgia or just plain ol' preference even though by all standards ivory king has more going for him

people just kinda skiped over mine for ivory king and no one really gave a counter argument to mine so i dono about grace

as for what people argue for arti is: better swordmanship, intelligence and mobility

which i argue against 2 out of the 3 of those, because 1: main hand broken so he can't use his great sword to his maximum ability 2: this is the abyss consumed artorias so his intellect and swordsmen skills are not up to par as he is per the character page and lore an animalistic berserker without much of a mind left, some also use the buff ability artorias has as an argument for a win here but again I'd say that the ivory king who still has a grasp on his fighting ability would prevent artorias from buffing himself

as for my arguments for Ivory king: still has his swordmanship skills as the chaos doesn't seem to have taken his mind completely with him using a proper fighting form in his fight instead of flailing about like a mad man, range with his sword buff + greater damage: with his sword buff ability he greatly increases his damage as well as making his melee range greater allowing him to reach artorias from greater distance.

yet again I would like to post pone grace as no one has adressed my arguments as of yet

Welp, someone mentioned the king is more susceptible to the dark which isn't exactly true. For context he has a shard of man's at his side and you can see the effect of those have in people and those around them.

Nashandea painting is a curse, Nadalia cursed the whole brume tower, Elana didn't do much afaik because everyone got killed but In the case of Alsanna she corrupted the pets of the king and that was without her desiring to do that.

The king took her as his bride and was at his side at all times and he didn't get any side effects from that, he even smashed her evil out which is something.

As for swordmanship, the king is from Forrossa, a land of warriors and fighters and he is one if not the best of them, the best of a country full of people that fight because they can.

One of the fighters of that lands is Venglard the mad beast, the guy went to countless battles (because iirc the country was always at war) starting with a shield and a sword cleaving his way through to the point he started using 2 swords and decapitated everything in his path and he isn't someone as recognized as the king.

I don't remember much about artorias but from what I remember all he has is being one of the knights of Gwyn and his legend (that we know is full of lies).

In any case the king should have the edge here

About intelligence, the king managed to create a kingdom and make it prosper despite being situated above the gates of hell, that's all I have to say. If we talk about fighting intelligence or skill same thing as above, guy comes as the best warrior in a land full of recognized warriors.

Mobility: while we don't see the king do a flip mid air I don't think it's fair to give this point to artorias, the king zooms and jumps and back flips in the fight all around this without the need to get buffed (like artorias does with the dark), the only reason people give this to artorias is because he is a berserker who is doing everything, from mad swings that lack skill and finesse to flips mid air. The king keeps his style and fine swordmanship even after being consumed by the chaos.

I will even go as far and claim the king has the AP advantage, being a king and likely the only other one Vendrick didn't dare to attack.

Vendrick, for reference, subdued the 4 old ones (we know they have the souls of the 4 lords) just to make his kingdom, and then waged a war against the giants without breaking a sweat. If we consider the in game shit the guy was so powerful that even his decrepit old hollow self needed to be nerfed with the power of the souls of 5 giants and their hatred.

That beast of a man is what Gwyn feared in humanity and even then he did not dare attack the Ivory king.

Back