• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two Edgy boy face each other (Edmond Dantes vs Wilhelm Ehrenburg) (ONE MORE VOTE!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting for the whole "Donte goes NP first"

My vote still stands for Wilhelm since, assuming heavily Donte doesn't die just from the mere exchanges of their blows as Donte has no answer to soulhax/lifehax attacks, once they get into their own special power, Donte will have every single life-force of his absorbed with each passing moment, immeasurable or infinite, Wilhelm ability will affect him

On the matter of Spiritual Armor, do you have something to prove Donte can actually bypass it like other Apostles? Not only Donte lacks some kind of really potent soul attacks that could harm people who resist soulhax but he also lacks quantity and quality of souls and in Dies Irae, having higher soul count = resist or even outright ignore attack depending on the count/power of souls, cause your reasoning isn't strong enough. Just because Donte could shatter someone barriers doesn't meant he will shatter Apostles barriers.

It was from Time Temple Chapter that Dante use his NP.

Andromalius: ! A Saint Graph reaction approaching at an extremely high speed?! Impossible, who are you...?!

???: Don't make me laugh, you Demon Gods who have forgotten how to despair after being discarded! You want that boy/girl to become like you? It would never happen!

You: This (laughing) voice is...!

???: Indeed!

???: These are the last days that could be called the end of the world, the event horizon where no gods exist to pray to.

???: It is true that this is a land of exile where not a single person seeks hope. A place forgotten by humanity, a place outside of the Human Order. However...

???: However! You have called for me, [Your Name]!

???: So like a tiger I dashed across space-time to your side! My name is Avenger, the Cavern King Edmond Dantes!

Edmond: I have come from beyond love and hate to laugh at my accomplice!

You: The Cavern King...! / The person in the prison tower...!

That's not even a combat one, it just says he dashed across space-time to help.

All of the servant there are fighting Andromailus. FGO is not VN that it can explain things while fighting.

Again, that excerpt only shows Donte using his NP to come aside them to introduce himself/help them.

Not saying he wouldn't use it in the fight just that saying "he will use it from the start"

I go with avenger, Just Enfer Château d'If is already worse enough without counting Monte Cristo Mythologie.

Hmmm, this is an interesting matchup... after reading their profiles, there are 2 or 3 things I'd like to clear out with anyone well-versed in Dies Irae.

His Briah can be undone by the destruction of the fake moon hanging in it's area of effect, but is this feat doable by someone without the destructive power to actually bust a moon?

Any idea under what conditions the multiple people with strong wills weakening his Briah thing happened? If it doesn't need both and a strong will can actually weaken the effect, one of Dante's skills is the literal crystalization of his steel nerves and iron mind, at an inmeasurable EX Rank. Perhaps nothing important, but felt I could just point it out.

Also, one of Dante's NPs is pretty much bouncing back from the brink of death and all getting a power boost to boot, so if he doesn't use Chateau d'If right away and Wilhelm actually takes the upperhand, he'll most definitely do after almost dying and getting his second wind in, now even stronger. I wonder if he can only use it once, and if not... (unless it's deemed worthless due to the nature of Wilhelm's absorption but again, just in case)

Too bad he knows squat about classical vampire weaknesses affecting him, or he could try pulling something out with his Item Construction.

Didn't want to do this.

But I will.

Dante's flames destroyed Roa's soul

Roa's soul resists being absorbed by Akasha every time he dies.

I think that's more than enough to say Dante's soul hax will take down Wilhelm.

We long disregarded Akasha as being 1-C. It is a place, not an entity. And I'm sure there's more context to Roa's thing then just "He's strong enough to resist being absorbed by the root of all existence".

(Void) Shiki kind of makes that point strange Matt, but regardless...

Anybody have an answer for any of my questions? Specially the 'strong will affecting sucking speed' thingy. Although the maximum range we know for his Briah is 500m, I doubt the Count couldn't escape if needed.

It's a "place" that exists above all the dimensions of the Nasuverse of which there are at least 6, possibly 8, and is the source and final destination of all souls.

"The Swirl of the Root is a metaphysical location within the Nasuverse that acts as the "force" that exists at the top of all theories in every dimension, as well as the source of all events and phenomena in the universe. Existing outside of time, it stores and archives information of all possibilities and events, past, present, and future, of the world. It is the place from where all souls, including those of Heroic Spirits recorded on the Throne of Heroes, originate from and to where they return after death."

"Those who have touched it directly have never returned to the world. Those who have managed to touch it ceased to exist on the spot, as their human souls are either going back to "where they came from", becoming absorbed into the Root, or something similar."

"Roa has altered the nature of his soul, transforming it into a mutable, transmittable information that he can pass through Akasha as he pleases, retaining his consciousness instead of being lost to the Root"

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
His Briah can be undone by the destruction of the fake moon hanging in it's area of effect, but is this feat doable by someone without the destructive power to actually bust a moon?
It's basically an image projected on top of his little bubble of personal space, so .... no, I doubt it requires enough force to actually bust a moon

Any idea under what conditions the multiple people with strong wills weakening his Briah thing happened? If it doesn't need both and a strong will can actually weaken the effect, one of Dante's skills is the literal crystalization of his steel nerves and iron mind, at an inmeasurable EX Rank. Perhaps nothing important, but felt I could just point it out.

Interesting idea. Could be something. His strong will and determination might weaken the Briah, yes.

Also, one of Dante's NPs is pretty much bouncing back from the brink of death and all getting a power boost to boot, so if he doesn't use Chateau d'If right away and Wilhelm actually takes the upperhand, he'll most definitely do after almost dying and getting his second wind in, now even stronger. I wonder if he can only use it once, and if not... (unless it's deemed worthless due to the nature of Wilhelm's absorption but again, just in case)

I think he can use it as long as he has mana, which in these fights we generally say is an unlimited amount.

Too bad he knows squat about classical vampire weaknesses affecting him, or he could try pulling something out with his Item Construction.

He has fought Michael Roa Valdamjong before actually. Pretty sure he'd work out Wilhelms a vamp after hearing the chant and seeing the fangs and the blood and whatnot.

That just says he manages to avoid being absorbed by Akasha by passing through it, seemingly by not being affected by it.

It's not that he resists being absorbed, it's that he doesn't even begin to be absorbed at all.

I'm not agreeing with Monarch on the 1-C thing, I just thought to interject on the place, not a perso thing. Akasha is weird plainly put.

@Monarch Actual vampires as they appear in movies and fiction aren't very similar to dead apostles, and then there's also the question of how much he knows about them(then again, info dump from the Throne of Heroes, so...) Let me see if there's anything about DA that may make Dantes consider using his Item Construction.

Hmm... seems like I was wrong, perhaps it was changed as I last saw it.

Dead Apostles do seem to have a weakness for Holy Implements, so use of Item Construction is possible.

I also want to point out that Wilhelm is one of the few LDO people who actually can be killed without Soul Hax. When he uses his Briah, his weakness to fire and holy artefacts reaches the point where he can be killed normally with those weapons.

Shirou Yusa kills him like that in Kasumi's route by impaling him on a burning cross, and that Shirou didn't have any soul hax

>the multiple people with strong wills weakening his Briah thing happened

When was this added to his profile when its wrong? Doesn't matter your will power, you get sucked instantly. The only legit part is the multiple people but that's minor weakness Wilhelm can ignore by adding Helga + double moon

I'm still waiting for proof Dante goes NP from the get go, else it's just two dudes punching each other (one having the advantage of soulhax + life absorb advantage)

Also OP didn't specify which version for vampy so Wilhelm has AP advantage

Wilhelm's soul hax boils down to punching and absorbing the soul.

Servants are souls. Physical materialized souls yes, but still souls.

Wilhelm's soul hax is literally no different than another servant fighting Dante. Either way, they are hitting Dante's soul. Hitting Dante's soul is no different than hitting his physical body, because his soul and his physical body are the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back