• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two ancient heroes fight to the death: Achilles vs Gilgamesh

My vote is for Achilles.

Achilles has better armor, is faster, has more battle experience, and is most likely more durable than Gilgamesh (Except for his heel).

Gilgamesh probably would only be superior in range, lifting strength, and stamina.

So considering Achilles Heel is a well known phrase, Gilgamesh probably know Achilles weakness. I'm gonna give this to Gilgamesh. He has a bow and arrow where as Achilles only range is a single thrown spear. All Gilgamesh has to do is stand back and snipe Achilles heel. I'm not saying it's an easy task, just a better chance.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
So considering Achilles Heel is a well known phrase, Gilgamesh probably know Achilles weakness.
Except for the part where Gilgamesh was born like a thousand years before Achilles? He wouldn't have any prior knowledge unless he's given an opportunity to have a precognitive Dream.

Gil does have the range on Achilles, I'll give him that much, but if he aims for the vital points, which he logically would without prior knowledge, the arrows are just going to break on Achilles' skin, probably forcing Gil into CQC, which he'll find himself still having a hard time hurting Achilles. Though he could do it, it will be way easier for Achilles to kill Gil then it would be for the reverse.

DMUA said:
Except for the part where Gilgamesh was born like a thousand years before Achilles? He wouldn't have any prior knowledge unless he's given an opportunity to have a precognitive Dream.
OP states both have basic knowledge of each other. I figured Achilles' weakness is the most basic knowladge possible about the guy.

Bump, I mean, this HAS to happen.

-Arrow to the heel: 1 vote.

-Oops, bishonen: 4 votes.

Back