• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Twin Thunderstorms ~ Cole vs Sollux

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
And now Good Cole begins his Homestuck Gauntlet.

Two grouchy pessimists who killed their girlfriends, wield blue and red electricity, and dress in yellow. How could I not make this fight happen?

I'll write a story for this eventually.

inFAMOUS 1 Cole.

Speed Equalized.

Cole render
vs.
Sollux Captor Psionics

Sleep Manipulation isn't something I ever recall him using in a fight, precognition just lets him hear the last words of people who are about to die, and telekinesis is half of his main thing.

Sollux is a range fighter. He uses his telekinesis to fly around the battlefield so he can vaporize the competition with his lasers and to toss buildings and ither large objects at people. He uses his TK defensively to protect against physical projectiles and toss them back, but he prefers to meet energy attacks head on with lasers. He doesn't rag doll people in character.

So it's a battle of range spammers eh?

Well, Cole is certainly used to mobile shooters. I'm more concerned with the AP gap. From what I can gather, Sollux scales to a guy who can one shot a baseline mountain level guy? Looks like Cole is in trouble here since he scales to the high end of City level at most.

Or does Sollux downscale from it?

That's kinda a weird question.

Sollux was stated, per Word of God, to be able to beat Gamzee, who strangled Equius to death.

However, Gamzee used Mind Hax on Equius to keep him from fighting back

However However, Equius has no control over his own strength, to the point where he avoids hugging his best friend to avoid crushing her to death.

However However However, WoG also states that said strangulation wouldn't have worked if Equius hadn't been influenced by Gamzee's mind powers.

Furthermore, nearly all of the trolls, including those close to Sollux, refer to Equius as the strongest member of the team and the fact that Gamzee deliberately used Mind Hax right out the gate to deal with him suggests a deal of caution.

So the general assumotion is he scales mostly backwards thanks to weird circumstances.

Where was Sollux stated to being able to beat Gamzee? He's scaled to Ahab Crosshair .

So he's likely around baseline Mountain level? So he's still got an AP advantage but it isn't too crazy.

From what I can gather, both are range spammers, so it looks like its a ranged battle. Flight gives Sollux the mobility advantage, but Cole can counter with his homing attacks and using Lighting Storm to control the air battle.

The TK thrown objects are definitly a threat, especially since his LS is greater than Cole's. Cole can use his shockwaves to deflect, or use rockets and Lightning Blasts to destroy and object he throws. Though, this will mean he will be burning through his energy pool more quickly than usual. However, he always has Karmic Overload to fall back on.

Beam struggles he'll likely end up losing due to the AP gap, but Cole can always use shields to block on top of his dodging skills which could be supported with Precision.

This is a pretty chaotic match. Sollux is gonna be flying around while firing lasers and tossing buildings. Cole can handle this with shields and parkouring on/destroying the buildings, and can respond by firing back and spamming homing rockets and overload bursts to try and slow the spam. Though the shields are gonna make a direct hit a pain. Cole can always drop a surprise Lightning Storm to try and catch Sollux off guard or spam trick rockets. The main issue is Cole's lack of flight, giving Pollux more mobility. The best Cole can do is parkour.

Cole's gives him the stamina edge, but it'll likely get worn down quickly due to the AP damage.

I'll break down a few other areas.

Sollyx has the skill advantage. He's fought against the armies of the Black Kingdom of Derse, the guys who have been fighting an endless war sense their universe began and eventually conquered their home universe entirely. Karkat later remarks that he and the Trolls beat them too easily.

Still, Cole is a much better hand to hand fighter. You read the correctly. Cole can at least fight hand to hand. Sollux has literally never been in a fist fight in his life. It'll likely never come down to that, but still.

What about stuff like Percision and Static Thrusters?

Hand to hand isn't really Cole's thing unless the situation calls for it, but eh.

Static Thrusters in inFamous 1 don't have the "double jump" feature that they do in the second game. Although its shown in the comics that he can use it with his physicals to jump super high so thats something.

Precision mode mostly only helps with reacting to attacks. Although, the boost could let him tag Sollux before he gets his shields up. One well timed Precision bolt could help Cole break Sollux's TK spam and drop a storm on him.

Speaking of skill, how does he usually fair against other range spammers? Or at least one as mobile as Cole?

Well, that's kinda a problem. The only range spammer he's ever fought is Eridan, who he's beaten, stalemated, and lost to all in separate fights. Problem is, Eridan is not nearly as mobile and versatile as Cole and only won thanks to AP.

Well that sucks for Pollux since Cole is pretty used to fighting range spammers who have an advantage against him.

I think I might go Cole 6/10. He is behind on the raw power aspect, but he has regen to survive any damage he receives and shields/shockwaves to deflect and block attacks. Sure, he's gonna end up using a lot of energy, especially since Sollux has shields and higher dura, but Cole has numerous methods of amping himself (Precision, absorption, rage, overload burst) and Lightning Storm is much stronger than his normal attacks to the point of one shotting people comparable to him and with lightning resistance (David).

Plus, he can call down numerous lighting bolts, making Sollux's airtime extremely risky. Add all this to the fact that Cole can heal from damage and restore his stamina quickly whereas Sollux cannot means that while Sollux is having to fight through injuries Cole will be able to restore his self back to full health.

Btw Wright, how accurate do you think my analysis is? You know Homestuck way better then I do, so I wanna know if I'm correctly gauging Sollux's battle capabilities.

Honestly, I think you're being pretty accurate. However, one thing I'd like to point out is that Sollux is smart enough to just blast the clouds away with lasers after the first few times. It'd still likely catch him off guard at furst though.

I always thought it'd be funny for Cole to fight someone who can part clouds. Like, imagine Cole using his powers to summon a storm just for someone to blow it away with their gains.

Back